Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

I've not seen a 501 - did you mean 401?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Monica, it is beautiful! I love the red! My color!

Nancy
I love red too! Thanks!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Joe,
Juki made your Sewmatic/Hother machine-which you already knew.
Although this isn't the exact machine like the one you own, I thought you would find this interesting for comparison:boulder.craigslist.org/for/2822808036.html
[ATTACH=CONFIG]311871[/ATTACH]
Oh that's a pretty machine. And a treadle to boot. I wish I could find information for mine. I keep hitting a vacuum about HOTHER machines.

Joe
Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Oh that's a pretty machine. And a treadle to boot. I wish I could find information for mine. I keep hitting a vacuum about HOTHER machines.

Joe
Have you tried the yahoo vintagejapansewingmachine site. Someone there may be of help.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:30 PM

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We "celebrated" our 25th anniversary today. Took the day off, got up early and out the door by 8 to take back roads to a fine eating establishment running a special. Had a wonderful lunch, stopped by Walmart to pick up material and came home. I've been in the sewing room since 3:30...it's 8:30 now. Can't say this is how I wanted to spend the day, but it's what I got. Plus I got a quilt top finished and ready to put on the rack!
I really want an embroidery machine so I can make my own blocks that say "From Gramma with Lots of Love" or some such thing. Maybe I'll get one for myself and call it an anniversary gift.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
I just got a Free Westinghouse sewing machine Type E. Seriel number LB271394. I can not find any info on it. Can anyone help? Kathie
Kathie, the Free Westinghouse was made by the Free Sewing Machine Company. In the mid 1920's Free Sewing Machine Company became associated with Westinghouse, which was their supplier of motors and electric equipment for the Free brand sewing machines. So the early electrically driven Free Sewing Machines were labeled Free Westinghouse. In 1927 Free SMC merged with New Home. Then in the early 1950's Free/New Home merged with National until 1954 when they were bought out by the Japanese. This tells me your machine would be somewhere between 1920 and 1927? I could be wrong, but I don't remember machines being called "Free" once Free and New Home merged, but I could be wrong on that one!

I tried to post a photo of Kathie's new machine, but I can't get it to go through right now. I will try later. Her Free Westinghouse really reminds me of a New Home Light Running machine. I wonder if she could contact New Home to get a date on the machine? That would be cool, to see if she could date it to see if my theory on the years is correct or not!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-14-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We "celebrated" our 25th anniversary today. Took the day off, got up early and out the door by 8 to take back roads to a fine eating establishment running a special. Had a wonderful lunch, stopped by Walmart to pick up material and came home. I've been in the sewing room since 3:30...it's 8:30 now. Can't say this is how I wanted to spend the day, but it's what I got. Plus I got a quilt top finished and ready to put on the rack!
I really want an embroidery machine so I can make my own blocks that say "From Gramma with Lots of Love" or some such thing. Maybe I'll get one for myself and call it an anniversary gift.
Congratulations Randa! We will be celebrating our 25th in a couple weeks! I want an Icelandic Horse, but my DH is sticking to NO!

Nancy
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM

Congratulations on 25 years Randa. Hubby and i has our 50th last week. Kathie S.

Last edited by Kathie S.; 02-14-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: miss typing
Old 02-14-2012, 06:59 PM

Nancy what is an Icelandic Horse? Kathie
Old 02-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
The way I figure it, if I need one of those little tags on something, it would be a whole lot cheaper to just pay somebody who already has one of those embroidery machines to make one. It would be a whole bunch less hassle and it sure wouldn't be cluttering up my house.