Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-19-2012, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by notsureif View Post
Just for giggles, over the wknd I did hit an estate sale,, I did buy a machine,, all I did was lift the top and make sure all parts where there and what it is , because in lifting the top boxes of things fell out and I'n bent over with people looking at my best parts... I did see one of thos elittle chorme oil cans and knowing thereall kinds of stuff inside the box, I made the deal ( 7.50 usd in cash ) grab her and took off, stopped off at a friends to shoot the bs, So we check this thing out , Hell I bought two sewing machines,, there another in it's box and inside the other box ??

he laughs and says his mom has one of those and she knows how to use it ,,,he's seen it happen ..

in reading it's box thi shas to be a semi or full industrail machine ,, it stitchers luggage, shoes, belts . handbags upholstery, you know very well if it does all that then fabric is a piece of cake,,,

How can you beat two sewing machine for 7.50 ??

This thing is like new, it has been used cause there is still thread in it .... doesn't seem to be a thing wrong with it .....

gottacha
Ok Notsureif, if those scissors and box and little tool thingy are what you 'got' for $7.50 - you GOT me! Did you or didn't you get 2 sewing machines? I'm not sure what to believe? Your post is cute - "all your best parts showing" put a picture in my head?

Nancy
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Did you know if you hold down the control key and hit the plus key as many times as you like - you can make the picture bigger??? To get it smaller again you hold down the control key and hit the minus key as many times as you hit the plus key. I had to do that - those blocks are really neat!!! I love that quilt - everybody did a great job!
Miriam, if you have a request to see a particular block, I can post the photo. I took photos of each block individually too - in case someone wanted to see their block or any block up close and personal!

Nancy
Old 06-19-2012, 05:03 AM

Well 2 of my grand daughters are here for the summer. One of them is finally making a rag quilt I cut out and packaged for her a few years ago. She is doing all the sewing on the little pink Sterling I just recently picked up. I posted a photo back a few pages. She is loving the machine now that she figured out the needle 'has' to be threaded from left to right! She kept grumbling about it not working - kept having to thread the needle - I didn't realize she was threading the machine backwards! She has a little machine at home and thought they all thread the same way! Anyway, she is going to town on that quilt now. Her sister is going to do her quilt too - it is already cut up and organized! I also cut up the blocks for a rag quilt for my Mother to do in 2006, before she died. I was trying to get all of them hooked on quilting. My Mom made clothes all the time, but never a quilt! Well, I am going to finish that quilt too - so all 3 of us are going to work on finishing those rag quilts this summer!

Nancy
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Muv

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Miriam, if you have a request to see a particular block, I can post the photo. I took photos of each block individually too - in case someone wanted to see their block or any block up close and personal!

Nancy

Hello Nancy, I've started a new thread, called Glenn's Fishy Quilt, so we can all see each other's blocks and Glenn can see all the machines. Lets see how many of us post pictures of our blocks, and then you can fill in the gaps at the end - and of course, we want to admire the quilting!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 AM

Nancy, isn't it nice to sew with the grand (daughters,sons)? My two granddaughters age 12 & 8 are making little wall hangings to inter in the fair. One is almost finished and the other is waiting to get started. They are using a FW and 301 machine. There brother age 5 sits and watches and says " I sure do like those sew chines he doesn't say machine.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 AM

Notsureif, we have two of those little things. DH used it to sew a saddle back one time when the stitching came lose.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:40 AM

Nancy, Muv,

I'd like to see my square. All and I mean all of the pics I took of it and the machine I was using are trapped in the hard drive that died. So far we haven't been able to recover anything from it.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 06-19-2012, 06:51 AM

[QUOTE=Charlee;5299003]Ya see, Skip, it's this way. We figured that if you already had your limit of fish, you'd stay home and be available 24/7 for when we need help with our machines and cabinets!! This was the only way we could think of to do it that wouldn't stink by the time it got there!!

Where's the 'LIKE' button? Too funny.

Enjoy the quilt Skip. It was the very least we could do to say Thank You to you for all your sage advice and generous sharing of your knowledge so that we may be better care-takers for our treasures.

Best,
deb, aka Whigrose
Old 06-19-2012, 07:27 AM

I still get tears in my eyes everytime I look at my beautiful fishy quilt and all the nice things you have said about me in this VSMS. Did I say you guys are the greatest. Needless to say I am a little embarrassed by all the attention but I love it and so glad I can help you with these vintage machines. I will continue to work on them and as I come up with simple cleaning and restoring techniques that are simple to do and without harm to machine and the beautiful decals I will gladly pass them along to you. My only goal is to help you have a beautiful machine to use and admire. My enjoyment is seeing your before and after pics of these grand old ladies. Please let me know if you need help on the cabinets or the machine. I am here to help. Gosh I love this quilt!!!!!! I promise I will come down to earth after the fishing trip. lol BTW I still have two quilts to finish myself, the Alamo quilt using the Singer VS2 for piecing and an Americana guilt pieced with grandma's red eye that I am hand quilting(this one will take some time)
PS: Not much sewing in the summer with fishing, camping and the yard work.

Skipper

Last edited by Glenn; 06-19-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:32 AM

Oh and Pat told me to put down the quilt and go finish taking care of the camper

Skip