Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3255 of 4413 FirstFirst ... 2255 2755 3155 3205 3245 3254 3255 3256 3265 3305 3355 3755 4255 ... LastLast
Results 32,541 to 32,550 of 44122

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #32541
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Name:  DamascuswithPfaff.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DamascusTSM.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  1.03 MBCharlee congratulations, for $18 how could he complain? What a great deal! The only problem I would have is 'where to put another one!'

    Well, this is what I got today for $30. The gal that had her wanted $40, but she is missing her needle and the screw to hold the needle in! Isn't she cute! Do any of you know anything about this toy sewing machine? She was made by National Sewing Machine Company out of Belvedere, Illinois somewhere in the early 1920's. The lady that had her had been given this machine by her grandmother who got it new and used it to make doll clothes. We figured it out and it had to be made in the 1920's or a little earlier.

    Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 03-20-2012 at 06:16 PM.

  2. #32542
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Charlee,
    I've seen one of those cornbread pans, but quite frankly I don't see why any would want one.
    I bake my cornbread in either a cast iron skillet or a pyrex 8"x8" dish.
    Sharon W.
    Sharon, I think they were actually sold more for a "fancy" meal...for company. I use a cast iron skillet to bake mine in...or a cast iron dutch oven if we're out camping. I have used my corn stick pans tho, just for novelty when we have company...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  3. #32543
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Name:  DamascuswithPfaff.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DamascusTSM.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  1.03 MBCharlee congratulations, for $18 how could he complain? What a great deal! The only problem I would have is 'where to put another one!'

    Well, this is what I got today for $30. The gal that had her wanted $40, but she is missing her needle and the screw to hold the needle in! Isn't she cute! Do any of you know anything about this toy sewing machine? She was made by National Sewing Machine Company out of Belvedere, Illinois somewhere in the early 1920's. The lady that had her had been given this machine by her grandmother who got it new and used it to make doll clothes. We figured it out and it had to be made in the 1920's or a little earlier.

    Nancy
    Aw Nancy...that's CUTE! Am not sure I agree with the age, but I also admit that I don't know much about Damascus...I do know the Damascus "brand" was started in the 20's...it's a cute toy tho!! Does it have a lid?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  4. #32544
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,640
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Name:  DamascuswithPfaff.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DamascusTSM.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  1.03 MBCharlee congratulations, for $18 how could he complain? What a great deal! The only problem I would have is 'where to put another one!'

    Well, this is what I got today for $30. The gal that had her wanted $40, but she is missing her needle and the screw to hold the needle in! Isn't she cute! Do any of you know anything about this toy sewing machine? She was made by National Sewing Machine Company out of Belvedere, Illinois somewhere in the early 1920's. The lady that had her had been given this machine by her grandmother who got it new and used it to make doll clothes. We figured it out and it had to be made in the 1920's or a little earlier. Nancy
    nancy, that's so cute and clean. Congratulations on the latest acquisition!
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  5. #32545
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Aw Nancy...that's CUTE! Am not sure I agree with the age, but I also admit that I don't know much about Damascus...I do know the Damascus "brand" was started in the 20's...it's a cute toy tho!! Does it have a lid?
    Charlee I know nothing about the Damascus except she was made by National. I am going by what the people figured out about their grandmother and when she used this machine? Cathy might know more? I checked the Damascusannie website and she has the same TSM Damascus shown, but I could not find a date on that site either. I need a needle and it has got to be short! A 15X1 does not clear the area under the foot -- too long. There is nothing with her, no manual, nothing so I will be searching for information. I would like to at least get a needle for her! She is all metal, so she is vintage for sure! I know National was in business from 1890 to about 1953 is all, so she is somewhere in that time frame for sure!

    Oh, I put her next to the Pfaff just to show the comparison! My hubby thinks I should be collecting these little guys instead of treadles!

    Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 03-20-2012 at 06:40 PM.

  6. #32546
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,105
    Nancy,

    That's a cutie. I had one years ago that was labeled American Girl, I think my sister has it now. Next time you come over bring the Damascus and I should be able find a needle screw for it.

    Cathy





    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Charlee congratulations, for $18 how could he complain? What a great deal! The only problem I would have is 'where to put another one!'

    Well, this is what I got today for $30. The gal that had her wanted $40, but she is missing her needle and the screw to hold the needle in! Isn't she cute! Do any of you know anything about this toy sewing machine? She was made by National Sewing Machine Company out of Belvedere, Illinois somewhere in the early 1920's. The lady that had her had been given this machine by her grandmother who got it new and used it to make doll clothes. We figured it out and it had to be made in the 1920's or a little earlier.

    Nancy
    Cathy

    "Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

  7. #32547
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,105
    Nancy,

    As usual I'm out of town at my Mom's until Friday.
    I have the Glenda Thomas encyclopedia of toy machines and will look at it and get back to you.
    I do have needles that will work.

    Cathy



    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Charlee I know nothing about the Damascus except she was made by National. I am going by what the people figured out about their grandmother and when she used this machine? Cathy might know more? I checked the Damascusannie website and she has the same TSM Damascus shown, but I could not find a date on that site either. I need a needle and it has got to be short! A 15X1 does not clear the area under the foot -- too long. There is nothing with her, no manual, nothing so I will be searching for information. I would like to at least get a needle for her! She is all metal, so she is vintage for sure! I know National was in business from 1890 to about 1953 is all, so she is somewhere in that time frame for sure!

    Oh, I put her next to the Pfaff just to show the comparison! My hubby thinks I should be collecting these little guys instead of treadles!

    Nancy
    Cathy

    "Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

  8. #32548
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Well, this is what I got today for $30. The gal that had her wanted $40, but she is missing her needle and the screw to hold the needle in! Isn't she cute! Do any of you know anything about this toy sewing machine? She was made by National Sewing Machine Company out of Belvedere, Illinois somewhere in the early 1920's. The lady that had her had been given this machine by her grandmother who got it new and used it to make doll clothes. We figured it out and it had to be made in the 1920's or a little earlier.

    Nancy[/QUOTE]

    Cute machine! I like the box that this machine sets on too. Did this machine have a lid for the box? Almost looks like it should.

    I also like your quilted placemats!

  9. #32549
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Charlee,
    I've seen one of those cornbread pans, but quite frankly I don't see why any would want one.
    I bake my cornbread in either a cast iron skillet or a pyrex 8"x8" dish.
    Sharon W.
    That's how I bake my cornbread too.

  10. #32550
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Name:  DamascuswithPfaff.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DamascusTSM.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  1.03 MBCharlee congratulations, for $18 how could he complain? What a great deal! The only problem I would have is 'where to put another one!'

    Well, this is what I got today for $30. The gal that had her wanted $40, but she is missing her needle and the screw to hold the needle in! Isn't she cute! Do any of you know anything about this toy sewing machine? She was made by National Sewing Machine Company out of Belvedere, Illinois somewhere in the early 1920's. The lady that had her had been given this machine by her grandmother who got it new and used it to make doll clothes. We figured it out and it had to be made in the 1920's or a little earlier.

    Nancy
    Nancy,
    I think that most toy machines take a 20x1 needle. Your new toy is in very good condition, too bad its missing the needle clamp/screw.
    I have the twin to your Pfaff 1222E, love it for piecing and quilting.
    Sharon W.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.