Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3393 of 4372 FirstFirst ... 2393 2893 3293 3343 3383 3392 3393 3394 3403 3443 3493 3893 ... LastLast
Results 33,921 to 33,930 of 43719

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Thanks Charlee,
    My DH remembered the GOOP part from a few days ago & I told him what you all said about SMO. Now he has his answer as to why not. Glad to hear about switching cotton often. Now I know why we name them after women -- they're delicate.

Also, thanks Miriam for the links to the cleaning -- some days I'm computer challenged!! Still haven't figured my way around the board or how to leave an answer to others messages.

Blog Entries
    Ok everyone I need help! I have been trying to get a friends FW working. It skips stitches - not all the time - but often enough. I tried cleaning, changing needles, changing types of needles, changing thread, re-threading a bunch of times, and I have played with the tension until I am sick of it. I have never had a problem FW, so this is a first. Any ideas short of timing issues? Don't tell me this is a timing issue! I have never had an issue with timing on a FW! This was a well used, well loved FW. Hasn't sat around at all. It is clean - oiled, lubricated - I don't get it!

Nancy

Nancy, it sounds like it could very well be a timing issue. Check the hook and see if it's too far away from the needle or if it's not timed properly. Look and see.

This was posted on the classified board and it is actually in my area, sort of. I'm thinking it is a 15-88 with gingerbread/Tiffany decals? I emailed him and asked a price and am waiting to hear back. What do you think? I don't think I would pay more than $100 if that?

http://www.nlclassifieds.com/classif...rniture/842183

Blog Entries
    Muv has posted another video!!!
    This one is on treadling!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8IUB...re=uploademail
    I'll put up a post ASAP
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

BoJangles- Try a new (old)bobbin that has worked well in the past. I'm not experienced with FW's, but I know sometimes newer bobbins just don't work well. I have to admit that timing might indeed be the problem.

I just watched Muv's new treadling video- excellent. I'd always wondered if the machine had to be treadled backwards for a reverse stitch (on a reverse machine), but didn't see how it could be done without breaking the thread. She continues with the wheel still spinning in the same direction for normal forward sewing. I'd like to know how she changed the machine to reverse stitching. Thank you for the link.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Muv has posted another video!!!
    This one is on treadling!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8IUB...re=uploademail
    I'll put up a post ASAP

YAY!!
    I don't have a problem treadling, but love watching Muv's videos anyway!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Muv
    Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    I just watched Muv's new treadling video- excellent. I'd always wondered if the machine had to be treadled backwards for a reverse stitch (on a reverse machine), but didn't see how it could be done without breaking the thread. She continues with the wheel still spinning in the same direction for normal forward sewing. I'd like to know how she changed the machine to reverse stitching. Thank you for the link.
    Yes, I realise I didn't explain that. The stitch length lever has to be pushed into the right position. I will put a note about it on Youtube tomorrow.

Goodnight, way past my bedtime. Thank you all for watching the video!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    BoJangles- Try a new (old)bobbin that has worked well in the past. I'm not experienced with FW's, but I know sometimes newer bobbins just don't work well. I have to admit that timing might indeed be the problem.
    I changed the bobbin, even changed the bobbin casing with one of mine that I know works well! Still skips - and now I can hear the skip. Its like there is a hesitation sound - I know exactly when it skips without even looking at the thread path. I thought maybe a burr in the tension disks? Geeze, I don't want to hear the word timing!!!!!

Nancy