Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3463 of 4413 FirstFirst ... 2463 2963 3363 3413 3453 3462 3463 3464 3473 3513 3563 3963 ... LastLast
Results 34,621 to 34,630 of 44122

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Chris, what's that silver thing on the right side of the top of your machine? Is it the stitch regulator? That is a pretty machine! What year is it? I know nothing about Bernina machines, except that it is a good name brand.

Blog Entries
    Nancy when I get a response from CL and it has the same title as my ad, I ignore it. Those are usually sent back as spam. I look for a different title and a phone number or I ignore the email. If the email says 'do you still have the item?' I ignore the email. If the ad says 'I want to buy your item' I ignore the email.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Chris: Fritz is beautiful. What year was he made?

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Here is my 1947 FW. I have had her for about 2.5 years. Her name is Chula after my Grandma Chula. I have her sitting on a vintage desk that belonged to my Grandma Chula. On each side of the desk the top drawer has a glass top. I don't know much about the desk but I love it for a lot of sentimental reasons.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

She is all clean inside and out, a lot of hours and elbow grease!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Nancy when I get a response from CL and it has the same title as my ad, I ignore it. Those are usually sent back as spam. I look for a different title and a phone number or I ignore the email. If the email says 'do you still have the item?' I ignore the email. If the ad says 'I want to buy your item' I ignore the email.
    Hummm, I never change the title - but, I do put my phone number. Geeze, Miriam if you really want to sell the item why ignore a response. If I list something, I check all the responses I get - even the ones that ask 'do you still have the item.' There are lazy people out there that sell something and don't remove the ad. Most people wouldn't change the title - I'm guessing - unless they do an awful lot of buying off of Craigslist. Most people would just do a reply to the ad. I do a reply, ask for their phone number, location, and put in my phone # and location. I am always very polite. I usually get responses. I have several machines I bought off of Craigslist. It is the ones that don't put a phone number that seem to ignore e-mails.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Here is my 1947 FW. I have had her for about 2.5 years. Her name is Chula after my Grandma Chula. I have her sitting on a vintage desk that belonged to my Grandma Chula. On each side of the desk the top drawer has a glass top. I don't know much about the desk but I love it for a lot of sentimental reasons.
    Linda, what a beautiful way to display your Featherweight!

Nancy

Linda, Chula is very pretty. I love the desk that she is on. That is a beautiful desk and is very fitting for a vintage machine.

WOW!!! grayhare, your machine really cleaned up nicely. What pretty decals. The hours and hours and elbow grease really payed off!!
    Janis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Nancy, Haven't been on in a while but do have pictures of Fritz.
    Wow, Chris, that's a beautiful machine!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Linda, love that desk! And the FW is really pretty too!!