Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3509 of 4419 FirstFirst ... 2509 3009 3409 3459 3499 3508 3509 3510 3519 3559 3609 4009 ... LastLast
Results 35,081 to 35,090 of 44181

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    I was at a resale shop today and sitting out in front was a Sphinx in decent condition with the #3 cabiinet in poor condition. I approached it gingerly because I really don't want another machine to ask to come home with me. Ha! $500! Dreamer! There is reasonally priced White in a gorgeous cabinet available locally that's calling my name, but I just don't have room for it. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have a basement or garage. Or maybe not.

Things got so crazy that I wasn't able to get back here for awhile! Thanks for your help - at least it points me in the right direction I appreciate it very much!

Lori

Oh man where is that white, I would love to have it, but I bet it is nowhere near Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post

Blog Entries

Question Need to Help Please

I bought this machine yesterday, think it is a Model 99. Serial # AC673287 made May 22, 1929. The motor # is 4669643....problem is no foot control. Suggestions on where I can get one and how it is wired would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide.Name:  DSCF0618.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DSCF0619.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF0620.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF0621.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  1.25 MBName:  DSCF0622.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  1.22 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I bought this machine yesterday, think it is a Model 99. Serial # AC673287 made May 22, 1929. The motor # is 4669643....problem is no foot control. Suggestions on where I can get one and how it is wired would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide.
    Jaba, this model 99 takes a knee lever control, which fits right into the hole on the front right end of the base. You can find them on eBay, but not much anywhere else. About $35 or so. But worth it!! These little machines are WORK HORSES!! I put a handcrank on one just like yours, and take it camping, etc. It's a blast!!
    Last edited by jljack; 05-30-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    OK...another good lead. A truly beautiful, Singer VS2 fiddle base with roses and cornflowers decos. At a very reasonable price.

Problem for me is where it's at, and Pickup Only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-Sewin...item20c60c7961

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Jaba, this model 99 takes a knee lever control, which fits right into the hole on the front right end of the base. You can find them on eBay, but not much anywhere else. About $35 or so. But worth it!! These little machines are WORK HORSES!! I put a handcrank on one just like yours, and take it camping, etc. It's a blast!!
    Rain has a post on his blog about the Singer 99 wiring. http://vssmb.blogspot.com/
    I love a hand crank on one.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Well, I purchased that (red) Japanese Sterling that all the hub bub was about yesterday. It really is not 'red' but a dark pink. Still a cute machine, though. I thought maybe it had faded from red to pink, but no this machine was painted a dark pink. Even the cord and motor are pink. It has a manual, which is nice as they usually never do! It is complete - bobbin winder and all - nothing missing nor broken. The only thing I can see that needs replacing is the bobbin winder tire. I won't have time for a few days to clean and oil the machine. I am busy right now on something else. I will post a picture in a couple days, when I have the time to really clean it, oil it and try sewing with it.

I am thinking, though, it is fun to have a machine with some color! Something besides, black, white, or mocha!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=jaba;5254134]I bought this machine yesterday, think it is a Model 99. Serial # AC673287 made May 22, 1929. The motor # is 4669643....problem is no foot control. Suggestions on where I can get one and how it is wired would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide./QUOTE]

Here is an excellent blog with information on rewiring. The link is for Singer 99. I don't know if there is the information needed on the 99. http://vssmb.blogspot.com/search/label/99

I'm with Janice in turning the machine into a handcrank.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    OK...another good lead. A truly beautiful, Singer VS2 fiddle base with roses and cornflowers decos. At a very reasonable price.

Problem for me is where it's at, and Pickup Only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-Sewin...item20c60c7961
    That's a gorgeous machine!!!