Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3585 of 4399 FirstFirst ... 2585 3085 3485 3535 3575 3584 3585 3586 3595 3635 3685 4085 ... LastLast
Results 35,841 to 35,850 of 43990

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Nancy I have never done a quilt as go you but like to try on my next quilt. I really like the look of it. Are there instructions somewhere I can find or a book or something on the net. Hand quilting takes me forever to do but that is what my grandma taught so I cont to do it. I think your way is better and faster. To heck with the quilt police anyway they are just snobs.

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Skip, Here is a link to one way Fun and Done and here is Ditter's string quilt which sounds like it is finished more like yours. Ditter's string quilt I have done log cabin wall hangings the second way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nancy I have never done a quilt as go you but like to try on my next quilt. I really like the look of it. Are there instructions somewhere I can find or a book or something on the net. Hand quilting takes me forever to do but that is what my grandma taught so I cont to do it. I think your way is better and faster. To heck with the quilt police anyway they are just snobs.

Skip
    Yep my thoughts completely and I used to be one of those "quilt police snobs!" I would have NEVER sewn a binding down by machine - good golly that would have been sacrificial - how dare anyone to even think that way! Geeze Louise!

Oh here is the block Muv made - so cute- I love the fish trying to eat the 99K! I am so glad her block made it into this quilt!Name:  Muv's block.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  1.32 MB

Oh and Glenn, I can send you the instructions! You need to start with at least 9 - 10 1/2 to 12 1/2 inch blocks! There is a book out too on how to do this technique. I can't remember it off the top of my head. I will look it up!
    Last edited by BoJangles; 06-19-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Miriam, I didn't know you have an embroidery machine!
    My sister used an old Kenmore to do the words - an early machine that does letters etc - she wrote the words out on the machine mailed them to me and I just put the pieces on the quilt. Then she found a machine like hers at the thrift store and bought it for me and brought it on the airplane to me. I've tried it out but I haven't done much sewing lately.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Ok, here is Miriam's block with door open.
    I wanted to add a sewing machine or a clock inside the door - I was out of time so I sent it kind of unfinished - (no pun intended)
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Nancy I love the way your quilting enhanced each one of those blocks - that quilt is ssssssssssssooooooooooooooo cool!!!

nancy, sorry those ol scissor where already mine, This was in the case along with what must have been all the sewing goodie this lady owned. I did put in a photo of the old dressmarker, so the deal was a the dressmaker and whatever was inside,, so with the stitcher and the dressmaker make 2 for the price of one

after dug through all the stuff, I found this and I have been looking for one of these for avery long time, As a kid every pack of needle came with one,,

Blog Entries
    http://louisville.craigslist.org/atq/3088209094.html
    What is this machine? Good price Louisville

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://louisville.craigslist.org/atq/3088209094.html
    What is this machine? Good price Louisville
    It's a 9W.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Charlee here is yoursAttachment 343153 all quilted!
    I'd like to see mine too Nancy !!

Texas Jan