Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3586 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 2586 3086 3486 3536 3576 3585 3586 3587 3596 3636 3686 4086 ... LastLast
Results 35,851 to 35,860 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Nancy

I don't know where Monica has been, but she 'had' a Graybar. I think she gave it away, but not sure?
    I'm back! Been off traveling with family.

Yes, I own a Singer 328K that I put in treadle just to see it done. The Singer 328k are nice simple machines, but then all vintage Singers are nice simple machines.

Yes, I had owned a Graybar, but I gave it away for free to some sweet old dude that showed up to the Turlock TOGA.

Janice, your mutt cabinet will be awesome when done. I like all that space for the quilt to rest on, and I also like the idea of a key form for the individual machine heads that get fitted into the generic hole. Excellent idea!! Makes me want to do the same.

And about two years ago, I posted on this thread not to use Goop/GoJo on any old machine...it will take the decals off. Billy stated no, not so, and that I will be okay cleaning the machine with the Goop. Glad I didn't listen to him. Instead, I did some researching, googling, and found some beautiful vintage machines that had only been cleaned with sewing machine oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    It's a 9W.
    Charlee,

Dumb question. From this angle how can you tell it's a 9w rather than a 9w-7? It really looks like a twin to my 9W-7.

Just curious.

:->Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    I'd like to see mine too Nancy !!

Texas Jan
    Here you go Jan!
    Name:  Texas Jans block small.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  390.9 KB

I loved the vintage machines you used as the fish fabric!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 06-19-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notsureif View Post
    nancy, sorry those ol scissor where already mine, This was in the case along with what must have been all the sewing goodie this lady owned. I did put in a photo of the old dressmarker, so the deal was a the dressmaker and whatever was inside,, so with the stitcher and the dressmaker make 2 for the price of one

after dug through all the stuff, I found this and I have been looking for one of these for avery long time, As a kid every pack of needle came with one,,

Geeze, I bought one of those needle threaders not too long ago? Are they getting hard to find? That is what I use when I am finished serging a seam. I use the threader to thread the tail threads though a tapestry needle in order to weave them back in when tying them off - since sergers don't back tack! Yep, I remember those threaders coming with needles!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Name:  JMCDA block small.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  453.6 KBHere are a couple more Whigrose - Deb's from Maine, and JMCDA - Joann's from Canada!Name:  Whigrose block small.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  535.4 KB
    Last edited by BoJangles; 06-19-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    It's a 9W.
    do those take special needles?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Nancy, could you post a picture of the block I made..... I'll take a picture of the FW I used to make it and post it in the morning. Thanks, Jean

differences I see between my willie w9 and that singer 9 is the singer, has its spool on the removable plate the willie is a round plate no pin,, willie's spool is the loop type mount mid arm...

both still 3 plates at the bobbin

I have to hand it to you people doing these quilts, that fine detail work goes over my head,,, I think I'm doing good to get 6 inches sewn in a straight line..
    Those thraeders I looked but only at jo ann's and wally's then ask other people and they hadn't seen any in a long time... I use to use those for tooth picks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Nancy, could you post a picture of the block I made..... I'll take a picture of the FW I used to make it and post it in the morning. Thanks, Jean
    Here you go Jean!
    Name:  Nannaupnorthsmall.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  534.9 KB
    You know this is what was so much fun! The blocks are all so different, except I did get two fishermen! Some of the blocks are pieced fish, some appliqued - just the imaginations everyone has is amazing!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    do those take special needles?
    Yep, sorry to say Miriam, but the 9W's all take a special needle. The 127x1 or a Boye 18!

Nancy