Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3688 of 4418 FirstFirst ... 2688 3188 3588 3638 3678 3687 3688 3689 3698 3738 3788 4188 ... LastLast
Results 36,871 to 36,880 of 44177

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Banned
    Well its been a while since I have hopped on and checked everything out and this thread has grown quite a bit. I love the Hot Pink Morse that is one of the best ones to get if your buying one, just because the color is so rare. Since I have been so sick I have finally finished all of the machines I had a back log on and now I am adding to my collection left and right. I have probably bought 12 to 15 machines all in the 1800's this past 3 months. I need to start to clean them up and add them to my collection but with this heat I can not get out in it or I will break out worse than I am already. Oh well looks like I will be playing in the garage and possibly start back to quilting again.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51 View Post
    Well its been a while since I have hopped on and checked everything out and this thread has grown quite a bit. I love the Hot Pink Morse that is one of the best ones to get if your buying one, just because the color is so rare. Since I have been so sick I have finally finished all of the machines I had a back log on and now I am adding to my collection left and right. I have probably bought 12 to 15 machines all in the 1800's this past 3 months. I need to start to clean them up and add them to my collection but with this heat I can not get out in it or I will break out worse than I am already. Oh well looks like I will be playing in the garage and possibly start back to quilting again.

Billy
    Billy are you doing ok dealing with the Pemphigus Vulgaris? Is that still what the Dr's think you have? I really feel for you if that is what you have because I know first hand how nasty that disease can be . . . . we had a dog with that condition. I hope your Dr's are able to manage your symtoms so you are comfortable and able to do the things you want/need to do! Like I said, if you do have Pemphigus Vulgaris, I know what you must be going through - and I really feel for you! None of the auto-immune diseases are much fun!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Home again and settled back in... Junkin' wasn't particularly productive this trip, but I'm sure loving this 301! Y'all were right, this machine is fast!
    We had a great time with the family, and I always love being near the ocean! Our motel was a block away from the beach, so went down to walk the beach several times and slept with the window open (on the second floor ) and listened to the waves at night.

Found a few old machines...a Ruby...the machine was in perfect condition, in a parlor cabinet that also looked great, but the lid to the cabinet was gone! I passed at $95... a New Home in a coffin case, no slide plates/shuttle, and no power source for $20...passed on that one too.

Good trip, and was good to get home!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Billy are you doing ok dealing with the Pemphigus Vulgaris? Is that still what the Dr's think you have? I really feel for you if that is what you have because I know first hand how nasty that disease can be . . . . we had a dog with that condition. I hope your Dr's are able to manage your symtoms so you are comfortable and able to do the things you want/need to do! Like I said, if you do have Pemphigus Vulgaris, I know what you must be going through - and I really feel for you! None of the auto-immune diseases are much fun!

Nancy
    Oh yeah I have Pemphigus Vulgaris and it is far from fun, I am already on my 4th or 5th bout with secondary infections. This time I bumped my elbow on something while I was out and I thought I had put enough rubbing alcohol and neosporin on it but now my arm is swelled twice its size and is red as ever. The doctors tell me that I can die just as easily from the secondary infections as I can from the disease by itself. So I have to be very careful as to what I do now.

Billy

Billy, it is so nice to see that you are able to join us again. We have missed you. You take good care of yourself
    and listen and obey the doctors. Kathie

Blog Entries
    Billy, Nice to see you on here. Take care of yourself.

Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Jan, glad yall are back home. The good witch said it best, "There's no place like home."

Charlee, enjoy the 301.

I found a cute little Sewmor 606 at a yard sale today. It had to come home with me. Cute, cute, cute. I will post pics later. It is a seafoam green, but has some oil stains on it. Some came off, and with repeated Dawnings, I am sure most of the rest will.
    Melinda

So glad to see you back on the thread Billy, sorry your illness keeps you from doing all the things you like.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Jan, glad yall are back home. The good witch said it best, "There's no place like home."

Charlee, enjoy the 301.

I found a cute little Sewmor 606 at a yard sale today. It had to come home with me. Cute, cute, cute. I will post pics later. It is a seafoam green, but has some oil stains on it. Some came off, and with repeated Dawnings, I am sure most of the rest will.
    Looking forward to the pics of the Sewmor!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Jan, so good to know he's in remission. Fatten him up and get him back on his feet and begin enjoying life again. I always think (since my sister has lung cancer) what I would want to do should the dreaded C hit me....Anything I couldn't do while working hard to support and keep my family in insurance. Go for long drives, take pictures of the beauty of God's world (which never look as good on paper). Just enjoy time with family and good friends. Keeping you in our prayers.

Billy, nice to see you back. Take care of yourself....outside of a needle stick quilting isn't too dangerous (unless you are doing it in my sewing room...take your life in your own hands in there!!) so start sewing!!

Charlee, glad you had fun if not productive. I'm always glad to be home from trips. Except when I have to be back to work the next day. I need home time. Remember I said my next machine would be a 301?? NOT!! Got another one coming that's I think a 306. Belonged to my friends mom who knew my mom and neighbors that I grew up living around. It will stay with me for a long time. I do have some I'd like to sell, tho, not any of the treadle/cabinet machines. So getting rid of a few won't give me any more room really. Oh, well...that's the ode of the keeper of the old girls. LOL!
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa