Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3749 of 4373 FirstFirst ... 2749 3249 3649 3699 3739 3748 3749 3750 3759 3799 3849 4249 ... LastLast
Results 37,481 to 37,490 of 43723

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #37481
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    507
    Ahh I love the nights where I wake up and can't go back to sleep! Well, today I have to take hubby to get labwork done before he has surgery next week. Who knows how much I will get accomplished during his recovery. He's having surgery on one foot and both Achilles tendons and will be confined to bed/wheelchair for at least 8 weeks. I can't say I'm jumping for joy on this one but I'm happy he won't be in pain everyday like he is now. I'm desperately trying to get this bedding knocked out beforehand. Got the pillow done now all that remains is the crib quilt and bumper pads...
    Name:  2012-08-15_18-38-03_855.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  323.5 KB

  2. #37482
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
    Here's a machine for the extremely short among us!

    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/clt/3203638047.html
    That is so funny! I guess you sew from the floor - how interesting!

    Nancy

  3. #37483
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    So, Joe, what you are saying is that lowering that needle a little bit, like I suggested, changed things. Hmmm. You are welcome for the advice in post 37370.
    Hummmmmm, I remember Cathy, Mizkaki, telling me that you will get skipped stitches if the eye of the needle doesn't rotate across the hook at the right time. Now I will have to remember how to re-time my 319w as my 4 years old grandson did a number on that machine again! It is all messed up with the needle hitting the hook - AGAIN! So frustrating as that is my at home piecing machine these days - it is always set up ready to go! Now, I will have to remove it from the treadle and re-time it for the second time!

    Nancy

  4. #37484
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    So it probably is a 27 that has been converted. It seems to be a very nice machine. Skip didn't wanna test it out. I should have made him...
    The bobbin winder is high, which would make the machine a 127 - unless it was converted because it is not in a treadle? I know people use to move the bobbin winder up when they took the machines out of a treadle, but the machines made orginially with the bobbin winder high up next to the hand wheel were 127's.

    Nancy

  5. #37485
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Joe, that Kenmore looks like it could be run over by a tank and still survive!

    Jenn, love the pillow - nice job! Also, your 28 is really nice. I didn't know the pheasant decals were used on the 28. I have a 27 with the pheasant decals. Those decals were only used for a short time, and only very early on!

    Nancy

  6. #37486
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Joe, that Kenmore looks like it could be run over by a tank and still survive!

    Jenn, love the pillow - nice job! Also, your 28 is really nice. I didn't know the pheasant decals were used on the 28. I have a 27 with the pheasant decals. Those decals were only used for a short time, and only very early on!

    Nancy
    Well i said it was a 28 because the ismacs site says so based on the serial number but upon further review i think it might be a 27.


    Oh and thanks on the pillow. On to the rest of the bedding. She is due Saturday so im.working furiously to beat the babys arrival!

  7. #37487
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,465
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Hummmmmm, I remember Cathy, Mizkaki, telling me that you will get skipped stitches if the eye of the needle doesn't rotate across the hook at the right time. Now I will have to remember how to re-time my 319w as my 4 years old grandson did a number on that machine again! It is all messed up with the needle hitting the hook - AGAIN! So frustrating as that is my at home piecing machine these days - it is always set up ready to go! Now, I will have to remove it from the treadle and re-time it for the second time!

    Nancy
    Nancy,

    That 4 year old needs to be punished at this point. Once might be an accident, twice is deliberate. And were he my grand son, he'd be banned from the house until he learned or was taught to keep his hands off things.
    For some reason that machine attracts his attention and if you can't stop him he will ruin it one of these times. If he hasn't all ready.

    Personally I can't figure out how he's knocking it out of time. Hook timing is very hard to change just by accident. As is needle bar timing. We have a 319 and I've studied it some, so I'm pretty sure if he did really knock it out of time he had to work at it.

    You've got to keep that kid away from your machines! Sorry, I get frustrated by grubby little hands going where they don't belong and can only be nice once.

    Joe

  8. #37488
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,465
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Joe, that Kenmore looks like it could be run over by a tank and still survive!

    Jenn, love the pillow - nice job! Also, your 28 is really nice. I didn't know the pheasant decals were used on the 28. I have a 27 with the pheasant decals. Those decals were only used for a short time, and only very early on!

    Nancy
    Nancy if it's the 120-49 it's just a shell with skeleton inside it. I've posted pics of it naked here before.

    Joe

  9. #37489
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    Well i said it was a 28 because the ismacs site says so based on the serial number but upon further review i think it might be a 27.


    Oh and thanks on the pillow. On to the rest of the bedding. She is due Saturday so im.working furiously to beat the babys arrival!
    Jenn, just measure the machine. A 28 is just a 3/4 size 27. The 27/127 has a base that measures 16.5 X 7. If your machine measures that big - it would not be a 28! Yes, Singer's site does list your machine as a 28 of 1902. That would be the right time frame for those pheasant decals! It is extremely hard to find a machine with the pheasant decals in as nice a condition as yours.

    Nancy

  10. #37490
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Nancy,

    That 4 year old needs to be punished at this point. Once might be an accident, twice is deliberate. And were he my grand son, he'd be banned from the house until he learned or was taught to keep his hands off things.
    For some reason that machine attracts his attention and if you can't stop him he will ruin it one of these times. If he hasn't all ready.

    Personally I can't figure out how he's knocking it out of time. Hook timing is very hard to change just by accident. As is needle bar timing. We have a 319 and I've studied it some, so I'm pretty sure if he did really knock it out of time he had to work at it.

    You've got to keep that kid away from your machines! Sorry, I get frustrated by grubby little hands going where they don't belong and can only be nice once.

    Joe
    Hehehehehe - I agree, but I did not see him messing with the machine. He sleeps in what he calls my "up down bed" (a murphy bed) in the sewing room when he is here. The machine has been sewing beautifully since the last timming issue. I went in to use it last night and it was jammed pretty good - which makes me suspect the 4 year old! Anyway, it is out of timming again. I hate having to take it apart for the second time to time it, can't help thinking the first time I did it - it was just pure luck that I got it right with no skipped stitches issues! I am going to have to start putting it away when Marcus spends the night! Yes, my machines do attract his attention, but I can't discipline him if I don't see him doing it! Now, I just have to take the time and try again to fix the machine. I really like that treadle!

    Nancy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.