Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3760 of 4401 FirstFirst ... 2760 3260 3660 3710 3750 3759 3760 3761 3770 3810 3860 4260 ... LastLast
Results 37,591 to 37,600 of 44004

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    The first caller took the 301. I was next in line, but it's not to be. Such a great cabinet, but it's okay. I still have AnnieRose and her sister.

Howdy Guys!!

I am just now coming out of hiding. The sale of my house, the move, the up coming divorce has overwhelmed me far more that I ever would have guessed. I have a habit of pulling into my shell when overwhelmed. I think I'm ready to rejoin the world now.

Last spring Pat spurr and I announced a sewing machine collectors get-together for this fall. The time is here. The TOGA (people powered or electric machines) is on Saturday Sept. 8th at my house. Hopefully there will be a fairly good turnout again. I moved to Orangevale, Ca (which is only about 8 miles from the old house).

I am trying to read some of the posts that I have missed in the past three or so months. WOW there are a lot of them.

Candace, You asked about "a bobbin winder tension unit with screw" for your new Needlecraft machine. Call me I have several of them. I might even have a light.

Nancy, You posted this Craigslist ad: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3217256011.html That is a "Fancy Leg Florence". I have seem them go for prices in that $2000.00 range. Beautiful treadle and I know Pat would kill for one, if she can figure how to shoehorn it into her house.

Cathy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Howdy Guys!!

I am just now coming out of hiding. The sale of my house, the move, the up coming divorce has overwhelmed me far more that I ever would have guessed. I have a habit of pulling into my shell when overwhelmed. I think I'm ready to rejoin the world now.

Last spring Pat spurr and I announced a sewing machine collectors get-together for this fall. The time is here. The TOGA (people powered or electric machines) is on Saturday Sept. 8th at my house. Hopefully there will be a fairly good turnout again. I moved to Orangevale, Ca (which is only about 8 miles from the old house).

I am trying to read some of the posts that I have missed in the past three or so months. WOW there are a lot of them.

Candace, You asked about "a bobbin winder tension unit with screw" for your new Needlecraft machine. Call me I have several of them. I might even have a light.

Nancy, You posted this Craigslist ad: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3217256011.html That is a "Fancy Leg Florence". I have seem them go for prices in that $2000.00 range. Beautiful treadle and I know Pat would kill for one, if she can figure how to shoehorn it into her house.

Cathy
    Cathy it is great to have you back! Unfortunately, I won't make this year's TOGA - we have out of state company coming from the 1st till the 9th of September!

I am so glad you are ok! We have missed you!

Nancy

Nancy,

Thank you, I've missing you guys, too.
    You'll be missed at the TOGA. Hopefully you can make the Winter TOGA (no date yet).

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Cathy it is great to have you back! Unfortunately, I won't make this year's TOGA - we have out of state company coming from the 1st till the 9th of September!

I am so glad you are ok! We have missed you!

Nancy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    WAH I wish I could go to a TOGA any TOGA... BUT especially THAT TOGA... Glad you are back Cathy - stick around a bit.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Yay, glad to see you back, Cathy! Boo...I ordered the bobbin winder parts already. But, next time I see you, I'll have to ask you about a light!

I hope life has settled for you and the dust has cleared a bit. Really nice to hear from you!

Blog Entries
    Welcome back Cathy!
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Welcome back Cathy! Wow! Life has been very hectic for you. May your next chapter in life be healthy, prosperous, and tranquil...simply the best.

Sadly, I will not be able to make Sept 8th TOGA due to my family's schedules. I wish I lived closer so that I could at least stop by for a half hour to say a quick hello. Please post some pictures!

Cathy,

Glad your back I missed you.
    We'd come to the TOGA too, but there is half a continent in the way.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Ok Joe what year is my new Davis Vertical Feed S# 3727163? This machines says Bruce Sewing Machine Co, Springfield, Illinois? I thought Davis was made in Dayton after the start of the 20th century? I am going to have to do some research on this machine. Who knows about the Bruce SMC? The machine is in great shape - nice decals - a little bubbling. Yes, Monica I am only going to use Sewing Machine Oil to clean this one! It is interesting as it has a lever like the foot release lever to release some pressure on the foot. This second lever is right above the foot release lever. I have never seen this on any of my other vintage/antique machines.

Candace, I will let you know how much I like using the 2-tone 301 after tonight when I take that machine to Strip Club!

Nancy