Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3923 of 4368 FirstFirst ... 2923 3423 3823 3873 3913 3922 3923 3924 3933 3973 4023 ... LastLast
Results 39,221 to 39,230 of 43680

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Miriam,

Yes it does sew, but the last time I used it I had fits with the tension. So it got set back till I was finished with other things.
    Much of the noise was due to the huge flat spot on the friction drive wheel.

Joe
    ha ha I meant does it work to make you sleep?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Naw, not really. I was spoofin more than anything.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    This is true, but I would be afraid of scratching the finish. Are there any scratches in the bed where this would go, or anywhere else on the machine, that match the magnet? Kind of like a footprint.
    ~G~
    Skip that was my first thought also...gotta love finding those hidden treasures that make you go Huh? lol
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

Blog Entries
    I'd love to get this machine, but I can't afford $450 for a vintage machine right now! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3395116380.html This is one that is left on my wish list! I could mend all my tack with that machine - I'd bet!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I'd love to get this machine, but I can't afford $450 for a vintage machine right now! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3395116380.html This is one that is left on my wish list! I could mend all my tack with that machine - I'd bet!

Nancy
    Nancy, I believe you're right about being able to do all your tack on that machine. It looks a lot like the one my uncle has and he makes his own saddles/bridles (or did) and repairs saddles/bridles for a select few friends.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Yeah Nancy, I want one too... Maybe just play with it a while...
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Well, many of the treadle machines, like the 1890 White I recently got are Whisper quiet....I believe a quiet machine is a happy machine.

we were talking the sizes of the working space on machines. I just purchased this Chandler darner with a 28 1/8" throat.

I don't have a clue why I needed it, but I did. So I couldn't talk myself out of buying it. I can't wait to get it home and start cleaning it up.

Name:  chandler.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  67.8 KB
    Cathy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Cathy,

Can I borrow it to do a couple quilts ..... whoo hooo that would quilt 'em easy.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    we were talking the sizes of the working space on machines. I just purchased this Chandler darner with a 28 1/8" throat.

I don't have a clue why I needed it, but I did. So I couldn't talk myself out of buying it. I can't wait to get it home and start cleaning it up.
    Cathy
    Wowie Cathy - I would have had to buy it too... just to check it out. I wonder what it was used for? Funny thing is that they work just like any other sewing machine - it is a matter of what you use it to do.