Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3945 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 2945 3445 3845 3895 3935 3944 3945 3946 3955 3995 4045 ... LastLast
Results 39,441 to 39,450 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I want to wish everyone on the board a Happy Thanksgiving. I will give thanks for all you wonderful members who have provided great info on the vintage sewing machines. You are the greatest and Thank you again for the wonderful fishy quilt.

A friend,
    Skipper
    Skip called me and wants the Board to know that his internet modem broke he will be off line until Tuesday when the new one is delivered.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you all have fun with family if you are cooking. DH wants scalloped potatoes and ham so I guess htat is what we are having.

Nancy,

Something is rotten in Denmark.
    Its possible that needlebar has slipped downward (usually not). Timing could be the issue, but again probably not. Try rethreading and then reseating the bobbincase. Where on the BC is the needle hitting (to the right, left, front or back)?
    I'll be glad to look at it this weekend.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Well, my 319 is out of timing again. It isn't because my grandson messed with it either. I think, I did something wrong when I re-timed that machine. Now it works fine for straight stitch - a nice stitch, but when I try to do a zig zag it hits the bobbin casing. Cathy does that sound right to you? The machine can do one stitch but not another? Anyway, I am getting tired of messing with the 319! I wish, I could just drop one of my vintage Pfaff's in the treadle cabinet, but I know they are not set for the Singer hinges.

Cathy why does it keep doing this? It seems to stitch fine for a while. I had used it to attach some binding ends together. I broke a needle - thought I had knocked it out of timing, but when I put in a new needle it worked fine. The needle had hit the casing so I just thought I had a bent needle due to the thickness of the binding. Today is the first time since then that I tried to do a zig zag -the first stitch the needle hit the casing and broke! I tried a new needle and just turned the HW, yep it hit the casing again - but, when I took the machine off of zig zag - a straight stitch, no problem! I got a nice straight stitch!

Nancy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Miriam,

I need to make sure my mouth isn't full when I read your posts.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Does your Rodney have a pink controller???
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Quote Originally Posted by rosie99 View Post
    Random question here! I'm looking at featherweights and prefer the look of the ones from the 40's but can buy a pristine one(looks like it came from the factory) from 1956 from the daughter of the original owner. Is there any difference in the performance in the ones from the 1950's over the 1940's???
    There is really no difference in the performance. To the best of my knowledge the only difference between the early and later Featherweights is the faceplate design. There were other model differences but if you really want to find out about them I suggest you purchase the book "Featherweight 221, The Perfect Portable" by Nancy Johnson-Srebro. I refer to my copy all of the time. At the back of the book it the full 221 manual. If I was going to purchase another
    Featherweight, I would go for the pristine 1956 model.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Enjoy your day however you spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    There is really no difference in the performance. To the best of my knowledge the only difference between the early and later Featherweights is the faceplate design. There were other model differences but if you really want to find out about them I suggest you purchase the book "Featherweight 221, The Perfect Portable" by Nancy Johnson-Srebro. I refer to my copy all of the time. At the back of the book it the full 221 manual. If I was going to purchase another
    Featherweight, I would go for the pristine 1956 model.
    Thanks Caroline!

"A change of feeling is a change of destiny."
    -Neville-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
    Ok - I like that
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    40 plus year old unsolved crime
    new post I put up - have at it folks
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill