Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I'd love to have a Bernina treadle!
Yeah! Like the Bernina 117! I can afford the free manual that you can download from the internet. And while looking at all of the postings of beautiful green Bernina 117s, I just drool and dream.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by KatFish
You can still buy a lot of the machines made today in treadle form. Bernina and Janome are a couple of them, and here is the latest Janome offered as a treadle.

Billy
So are the new ones made with plastic parts, and if they are how well would they hold up compaired to the vintage ones?
You would never see me own one. They are all plastic and just like the new machines but lacking the motors.

Billy
Me either! I'll stick to my vintage. Hate those plastic gears.
Me either! That is why I'm asking about the Singer 319W, Morse MZZ, and the Necchi BU.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM

Singer treadle I looked at is a model 28. Can anyone give me a suggested buying price because I tend to value them a lot higher than I see them for sale.Decent condition.
Will need to see more than a photo to actually buy but I am weakening and thinking of where I could put it.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
Singer treadle I looked at is a model 28. Can anyone give me a suggested buying price because I tend to value them a lot higher than I see them for sale.Decent condition.
Will need to see more than a photo to actually buy but I am weakening and thinking of where I could put it.
If it is a 3/4 treadle then its worth quite a bit because they are so rare to find now. I wouldnt throw the bank at it but if it is in really pristine condition with all of the accessories and manual $300 would be a good price for it.

Billy
Old 11-03-2010, 01:17 PM

Redpurselady; here's a picture of the red eye that I have.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118723.jpe   attachment-118725.jpe   attachment-118727.jpe   attachment-118728.jpe  
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM

I just got this one from Ebay and should be here by Friday. I should have had her shipped directly to Billy so he could give her his spa treatment but I just had to see her first.

Anyway Billy, as soon as I get my Cleo back from you, this one will be headed your way. I think this one will need a little more elbow grease than Cleo.

1924 Red Eye
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118734[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118729.jpe  
Old 11-03-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
Hello Mornigstar I bought a Singer 28 in a beautiful cabinet at a yard sale a couple months ago for $65. Yes, that was an outrageous price! Look at page 352 in this forum for the picture of my machine. Also, look at page 353 for Miz Johnny's cabinet and machine!

There is one like mine for sale on E-bay right now for $699, at least last time I looked it was still there!

Good luck with your purchase -- if you get the machine, please post pictures! We all love pictures!

Nancy
Old 11-03-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
I just got this one from Ebay and should be here by Friday. I should have had her shipped directly to Billy so he could give her his spa treatment but I just had to see her first.

Anyway Billy, as soon as I get my Cleo back from you, this one will be headed your way. I think this one will need a little more elbow grease than Cleo.
Very pretty Redeye -- but, I'd take the motor off and put her in a treadle!

Nancy
Old 11-03-2010, 02:43 PM

Okay these are just a few that I have for use in my studio, there are actually more in there now since this photo was taken a month or so ago.

This doesnt even touch what I have in the house that I do not use at all because they are close to museum quality and near perfect examples. And all but 3 are treadled.

Billy
Now I wish I'd of got that Rocketeer I had a chance of buying a couple weeks ago!

Billy, I love your machines especially that 128!

I'd bet my Singer 9W would give your Singer 9W a run for your money!

Is that a 99K - second down? What is the one on the bottom right?

Anyway, your machines look delicious!

Nancy
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Months ago I offered to help this owner sell the treadle--more I thought about it the more I wanted it. Had only seen photo thru pc. My life got busy but friend traded me a metal base so pasified me.
Before coming away for winter I decided to get machine if i could find a place to set it in house but didn't see her at church in time. Price was reasonable too.
Checked serial # then contacted her to say I will buy. She is to keep it til spring for me. Apparently works but no doubt will need some TLC. It is in cabinet that has 2 drawers on each side but certainly not as pretty as the one on page 352. Appreciate all the help.