Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned

You can still buy a lot of the machines made today in treadle form. Bernina and Janome are a couple of them, and here is the latest Janome offered as a treadle.

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118325.jpe  
Old 11-02-2010, 04:24 PM

Have a lady up north wanting to sell singer treadle--I have the info but am fighting with myself and hubby because I
would like to buy it. Really don't have the room and don't want to just leave it sitting in the garage as it is in great
condition. What a colundrum to have at this age !!!!
Will take pics if my solution comes ---and no I can not buy a new house. Have a great sewing machine and serger so
should be satisfied.

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Hello All!!!!

Welcome to the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.

This is where anyone who has a vintage machine or has interest in vintage sewing machines are welcome and feel free to pull up a stool and sit a spell!!!! :D :D :D

I want everyone to feel like they are family and do not be afraid to share knowledge with us. Remember this is OUR shop and I want it to be a wonderful place for us to step back into time and relive the "Golden Age" of sewing machines.

As you can tell by the decor it is almost like you just stepped back into history sometime in the 50's and boy would you look at the machines and the store front! No modern cars out there!! We have the Doo Wop and Big Band playing in the background and unlike some places we have all sorts of machines here from treadles to the latest and greatest Japanese machines (I wonder if they will ever catch on) and of course we even have several FW's!!

So now let the fun begin!!!

Billy
Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Not a bad idea as a substitute. I find the vintage machines more enticing, to the degree of irresistibility.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Not a bad idea as a substitute. I find the vintage machines more enticing, to the degree of irresistibility.
These are offered so that they can cater to the Amish. But treadles are still in style today as they were in yesteryear.

Billy
Old 11-02-2010, 05:34 PM

You can still buy a lot of the machines made today in treadle form. Bernina and Janome are a couple of them, and here is the latest Janome offered as a treadle.

Billy
So are the new ones made with plastic parts, and if they are how well would they hold up compaired to the vintage ones?
Old 11-02-2010, 05:54 PM

I'd love to have a Bernina treadle!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Found the serial # of that singer treadle I referred to but now don't know what the web site is to check the manufacture date. Is there anyone on line that can send it to me? tia
Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
Found the serial # of that singer treadle I referred to but now don't know what the web site is to check the manufacture date. Is there anyone on line that can send it to me? tia
Here you go!
http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html
Old 11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KatFish

Billy
So are the new ones made with plastic parts, and if they are how well would they hold up compaired to the vintage ones?
You would never see me own one. They are all plastic and just like the new machines but lacking the motors.

Billy
Old 11-02-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish

Billy
You would never see me own one. They are all plastic and just like the new machines but lacking the motors.

Billy
Me either! I'll stick to my vintage. Hate those plastic gears.