Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-27-2010, 10:55 AM

Billy, I can't seem to find the Vintage Sewing Section to sign in somewhere. Maybe I'm just brain dead??? HELP PLEASE!!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:03 AM

Found it!! Signing in, thanks for the site!!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
Billy, I can't seem to find the Vintage Sewing Section to sign in somewhere. Maybe I'm just brain dead??? HELP PLEASE!!
Sweetie I am the one thats brain dead right now LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your on the home page of the board scroll down to the part that reads "All User-Defined Sections" and click there. Then scroll down to the "Vintage Sewing Machine Shop" and click the subscribe at the right hand side of the listing. After doing that when you go to the home page it will show up on it like the regular sections of the board.

Also have a look at the different sections they have their you might see one that you like and would want to be a part of. It is a growing community and a lot of wonderful folks and information grouped there!!

Billy
Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
Found it!! Signing in, thanks for the site!!
Boy your quick on the draw!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy
Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I would put the knee controller back in of turn it into a handcrank one.
I forgot to add this......

If you change it over to a handcrank you need to find a spoke handwheel and of course the handcrank assembly (which they remanufacture now). There are two diameters of spoked wheels and if you get an earlier one then you should be okay.

Billy
Old 05-27-2010, 11:16 AM

the bobbin winder may not work with the hand crank. My 99K was originally a hand crank machine and was converted to electric. Here' s a picture of mine.
Sharon

I converted it back to hand crank, with my original Singer hand crank from my Singer 201.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74387[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74382.jpe  
Old 05-27-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
the bobbin winder may not work with the hand crank. My 99K was originally a hand crank machine and was converted to electric. Here' s a picture of mine.
Sharon
Sharon, I love your handcrank.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Sharon
She has the same high sitting bobbin winder so it will work. If you had an earlier model like a 27 or 28 all you would have to do is find the correct winder (off set to run on the handwheel) or use a 127,128 bobbin winder.

Billy
Old 05-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Billy, thank you for opening the shop. I know when you have your own business that it takes lots of time. But please take care of yourself and get some needed rest. I could use some more practice at patience that you said we need. Which is true. My Davis is still soaking and am so tempted to get the hammer out to try and persuade those last two items loose. But I won't, promise. My goal this weekend is to get the garage organzied and make a workstation for the machines. That way i can get it off the kitchen counter. I've gotten used to the kerosene perfume but when people stop by they must think I'm crazy. (Well most of them already know that). :P
Old 05-27-2010, 01:11 PM

Lisa, I am sure your friends don't think you are any crazier than I am. When they come into my home they see machines in every front room, including the kitchen :shock: :shock: It's funny, I see their eyes begin to glaze over when I start talking machine shop! I think they should be interested. Oh well :roll: :roll: :roll: