Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 152 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 151 152 153 162 202 252 652 1152 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #3776
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Help please. My DH has my Singer Sphnix all cleaned and free wheeling so now I need to know what shuttle and bobbin it needs. It's number is D12753358. Any help will be so appreciated. Also what needle will this old girl need (not me, the machine)
    The needle is the standard 15x1 and the shuttle and bobbins are another story. You can get the bobbins from Hancock Fabrics in the notions isle but wait until they have the 50% off notions sale and your golden. The shuttle I will have to go out here and get the part number off of it but you can find them on eBay

    Billy

  2. #3777
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Oh I thought I would give you something to look at, I painted my 66 this morning........

    Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images


  3. #3778
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by maporch
    Hi! I've been reading through this thread for days and am still not even halfway through. I'm so glad there's such a wonderful source of information out there on antique sewing machines. :)

    I picked up a beautiful little machine at the local flea market a while back, and I'd love to get it in working condition as well as find out as much about it as I can. I'll post some pictures below.

    The model number? on the machine seems to be AF(or E?)887558
    You have a really nice 128 and it is a later model so its a AF887558. I see than its missing the typical front shuttle plate but you can still find them on eBay and a few after market companies.

    Billy

  4. #3779
    Power Poster dunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Posts
    12,400
    I think you have too many digits in that number. The D series, 1250851-1300850 were Model 27's made in 1909. Is your number in that range? I have a 1901 model 27 with the sphinx decals, haven't cleaned it up yet but I think it's next in line. I've accumulated several of the manuals online - pm me if you would like me to send them to you. (Same for anyone else with model 27's or 66's.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Help please. My DH has my Singer Sphnix all cleaned and free wheeling so now I need to know what shuttle and bobbin it needs. It's number is D12753358. Any help will be so appreciated. Also what needle will this old girl need (not me, the machine)

  5. #3780
    Super Member quilterguy27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Oh I thought I would give you something to look at, I painted my 66 this morning........

    Billy
    Stunning, can't wait to see it all put back together..Are those decals on the bed, or another paint technique?

  6. #3781
    Senior Member Weedwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    I think you have too many digits in that number. The D series, 1250851-1300850 were Model 27's made in 1909. Is your number in that range? I have a 1901 model 27 with the sphinx decals, haven't cleaned it up yet but I think it's next in line. I've accumulated several of the manuals online - pm me if you would like me to send them to you. (Same for anyone else with model 27's or 66's.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Help please. My DH has my Singer Sphnix all cleaned and free wheeling so now I need to know what shuttle and bobbin it needs. It's number is D12753358. Any help will be so appreciated. Also what needle will this old girl need (not me, the machine)
    You were right it's D1275358.

  7. #3782
    Senior Member Weedwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Help please. My DH has my Singer Sphnix all cleaned and free wheeling so now I need to know what shuttle and bobbin it needs. It's number is D12753358. Any help will be so appreciated. Also what needle will this old girl need (not me, the machine)
    The needle is the standard 15x1 and the shuttle and bobbins are another story. You can get the bobbins from Hancock Fabrics in the notions isle but wait until they have the 50% off notions sale and your golden. The shuttle I will have to go out here and get the part number off of it but you can find them on eBay


    Billy
    Thanks, Billy, I want to get this machine up and running so I can sew on it.

  8. #3783
    Super Member leaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,199
    Blog Entries
    28
    oh WOW!! that is so super! great paint job. :thumbup:

  9. #3784
    Junior Member BZ quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Oh I thought I would give you something to look at, I painted my 66 this morning........

    Billy
    WOW Billy, that is beautiful.

  10. #3785
    Power Poster dunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Posts
    12,400
    Wine Woman, I think your White was electrified! (sounds bad, doesn't it?) You could probably convert it back to a shuttle if you want to.

  11. #3786
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    190
    Billy,
    I love your "bluebird' machine.
    I want a purple one.

  12. #3787
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok, I know my treadle machine works great -- my husband can sew with it just fine! I guess, he use to play with his grandmother's treadle! I can't get it to go forward! Thank you for the tips -- I will practice without thread and with the foot raised, but, I still think it needs a new check spring. Every other machine I have, after the thread goes into the tension disks and through the check spring there is some kind of guide to pull the thread back down before going up on the head thread guide. On this machine the thread goes through the tension disk, into the little wire, and up to the thread guide -- there is nothing to keep the thread in the tension wire thing. I will go take some pictures and post them.

    I almost bought a second machine today -- it was a rough coated Singer with a motor, but it too had those funny little bullet shaped bobbins! I had never seen one before yesterday when I bought my treadle! I am so in love with these old machines -- my husband is going to kill me! I now have a featherweight, a Spartan, and 3/4 Singer in a cabinet (same as the Spartan, but much fancier and it has a light), a Pfaff 130, and now the Singer treadle!

    I am going to go practice treadling and take some pictures!

    Nancy

  13. #3788
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Oh I thought I would give you something to look at, I painted my 66 this morning........

    Billy
    Stunning, can't wait to see it all put back together..Are those decals on the bed, or another paint technique?
    22kt Gold Leaf

    Billy

  14. #3789
    Junior Member jackkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    279
    That is one cool looking machine Billy. You did a great job :)

  15. #3790
    maporch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by maporch
    Hi! I've been reading through this thread for days and am still not even halfway through. I'm so glad there's such a wonderful source of information out there on antique sewing machines. :)

    I picked up a beautiful little machine at the local flea market a while back, and I'd love to get it in working condition as well as find out as much about it as I can. I'll post some pictures below.

    The model number? on the machine seems to be AF(or E?)887558
    You have a really nice 128 and it is a later model so its a AF887558. I see than its missing the typical front shuttle plate but you can still find them on eBay and a few after market companies.

    Billy
    Thanks so much, Billy! I'll start looking on Ebay for the throat plate, haven't found one yet but I'll keep trying. Do you know what type of belt I should get? Also, and I'm sure this is a silly question, how much of a problem will those frayed wires be?

    The lighting isn't great, but there are a few black wires coming out of the back of the machine, and you notice there is a frayed part where I think wiring shows through.
    Name:  Attachment-71099.jpe
Views: 94
Size:  31.5 KB

  16. #3791
    Super Member Wine Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,224
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    Well I took a quick minute to look at the site and this is where I was at yesterday. But I click on the pic I think is the same as mine but I'm not finding a serial number list or anything. Confused! :roll: :roll: Will check back in a little bit.
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...62576881KNhqLm
    Thanks Miz J at least I know it is from 1924. It's not like the singer site. They don't tell you how many were made or what kind it is.

  17. #3792
    Dee
    Dee is offline
    Super Member Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    3,619
    Billy, love your blue machine. Do you know where I can find a belt?? Thanks.

  18. #3793
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Icandothat
    Billy,
    I love your "bluebird' machine.
    I want a purple one.
    I do restore and repaint machines as a business.........

    Billy

  19. #3794
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkip
    That is one cool looking machine Billy. You did a great job :)
    Thank You!!

    Its really nice to get a break from painting high end show cars and bikes. At least with a sewing machine its less stressful and I really like the different looks you can get from the same machine.

    Billy

  20. #3795
    mlaceruby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somerset PA
    Posts
    901
    Well we have gotten into my back room(storage) and counted the machines!
    I forgot I had most of these!
    9 treadles in this room! dusty dirty need cleaned!
    Hubby says maybe just make a road trip to Billy's and drop them off so that he can clean them up!
    I have 3-66's 2-99's 2 27's a 15 and a 31 in here
    also 2 whites- one says white 1606524 and a White rotary 102793 does anyone know what dates these would be? I looked at the chart someone posted the link to and I can't understand it!( maybe to much heat! LOL
    also have a pic of a singer without a serial # and the bottom sealed- is this a Japan machine?
    also pics of the 2 27's that I forgot about! they will look great cleaned up! I should be ashamed!
    Attached Images Attached Images




  21. #3796
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by mlaceruby
    Well we have gotten into my back room(storage) and counted the machines!
    I forgot I had most of these!
    9 treadles in this room! dusty dirty need cleaned!
    Hubby says maybe just make a road trip to Billy's and drop them off so that he can clean them up!
    I have 3-66's 2-99's 2 27's a 15 and a 31 in here
    also 2 whites- one says white 1606524 and a White rotary 102793 does anyone know what dates these would be? I looked at the chart someone posted the link to and I can't understand it!( maybe to much heat! LOL
    also have a pic of a singer without a serial # and the bottom sealed- is this a Japan machine?
    also pics of the 2 27's that I forgot about! they will look great cleaned up! I should be ashamed!
    The last machine in the photos is a Singer 101.

    And feel free to send them on I can always use the business!!!

    Billy

  22. #3797
    Junior Member jackkip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    279
    I just love the look of the singer with the sphynx. I think that is such a cool decal. I also like the one with scarab. I think both machines side by side would look really cool in a sewing room. :-P

  23. #3798
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    I think back in the early 1900's was when all of the expeditions in Egypt were in full swing. You find that a lot of things had an Egyptian flair or motif about them. Just like later in the 50's the space age thing was going on, like the Oldsmobile "Rocket 88", Buck Rogers and the "Homes of the future" that were real popular back then.

    Billy

  24. #3799
    Super Member Wine Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,224
    Blog Entries
    1
    Dunster, what do you mean electrified?! As in shocked? I thought about making a treadle out of her but I just got mine and really don't need two. So that's how I feel today-ask me tomorrow it might be different. I told myself I didn't need any more machines after the last purchase but after seeing nthe white I really couldn't pass her up!!
    :D :D

    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Wine Woman, I think your White was electrified! (sounds bad, doesn't it?) You could probably convert it back to a shuttle if you want to.

  25. #3800
    Super Member Wine Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,224
    Blog Entries
    1
    mlaceruby-I'm with you about their website. It sure isn't as easy as Singers. I'm at a loss-can anyone help me with information about my machine? Does anyone have one like this?

    Billy are you there? . . . do you know about my machine? or where I can go to find out more info.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.