Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I am betting your New Home takes a 20 x 1 needle.
Miz Johnny isn't the 20x1 a Boye # 4?

Nancy
Could be, I'd have to look. But a 20 x 1 needle is cheaper than buying Boye tubes!!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by tomilu
But I was a hell of a lot younger then like in my early 30's and I am 44 now.........

Billy
Geez!!! All of my kids are older than you!!! :roll:
ditto on the kids...Mine are too!!! :thumbup:[/quote]

Also, most of my clothes.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
Happy Birthday Miz Johnny!

Anyone recognize this decal?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/2243988318.html
It's a badged Japanese class 15, sold by Montgomery Wards. My mom had one, and it sewed beautifully!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:48 PM

I love machines, and the old, "strong and heavy" type. I enjoy the sound of close tolerance machines in action. You could say I sew very little, very little. It's easier than collecting old cars.

I do want to make some quilts, I have been purchasing different printed fabrics with art for children and myself, Plane's train's fishing, machines, etc I should get a book on quilting. Perhaps that is a project I can do a little at a time, leaving the quilt in work in a wicker basket for aesthetics.

Vince
Old 03-05-2011, 12:49 PM

Happy Birthday Miz Johnny, I share your birthday with you.
Have a great day!!!
Well, then, we should party! Happy birthday to you, too!! I'm still having a hard time figuring this out--did I have to list my birthday when I joined the board??

I am spending the day in a vain attempt to clean my bedroom. (There are 5 full-sized machines and two portables in there, in addition to enough books and magazines to last the rest of my life.) So far, the only big surprise I have found is my youngest daughter's Christmas money from about 10 or 15 years ago. She will be happy. :-P
Old 03-05-2011, 12:52 PM

Billy, Did you pick up your Domestic? Got a reading on her age yet?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:57 PM

I have everything from handcranks to electric, dating from the 1800's to the 1960's. I am absolutely facinated by the beauty and mechanics of these machines and the history and technology that created them. I also have tons of attachments and collect just about everything I can find that are tools, information and related to them. As you can see, I have become addicted to this passion. I have learned to clean, adjust and work on the machines along with sewing on them. I love to treadle but have to do it in small increments due to a bad back. I quilt and have made them on treadles and a 301. I have also participated in quilt block exchanges and done the blocks on handcranks. Although I use more modern machines also, the vintage ones are my favorites and the ones I prefer most.
Lena
Old 03-05-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
But I was a hell of a lot younger then like in my early 30's and I am 44 now.........

Billy
Geez!!! All of my kids are older than you!!! :roll:
ditto on the kids...Mine are too!!! :thumbup:
Also, most of my clothes.[/quote]

RLMAO!!!!! :D :-D :lol:
Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 PM

Happy Birthday Miz Johnny, I share your birthday with you.
Have a great day!!!
Well, then, we should party! Happy birthday to you, too!! I'm still having a hard time figuring this out--did I have to list my birthday when I joined the board??

I am spending the day in a vain attempt to clean my bedroom. (There are 5 full-sized machines and two portables in there, in addition to enough books and magazines to last the rest of my life.) So far, the only big surprise I have found is my youngest daughter's Christmas money from about 10 or 15 years ago. She will be happy. :-P
Yes, MizJohnny, We let the cat out of the box when we filled our profile out... :oops:
Old 03-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by olebat
Billy, Did you pick up your Domestic? Got a reading on her age yet?
Yes I have it and its around 1882. I still need to take some photos of it but I will say I am really liking the sturdiness of the treadle. The drawers ride on cast iron trays and are not flimsy like the Singer drawer packs.

But it came with all of the accessories and I need to do the complete cleaning and possibly refinish the cabinet and the coffin top. But it is in pieces and the irons will be sandblasted and painted first.

Billy