Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 153 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 253 653 1153 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

EC
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    I love the machine, but I need a LOT of practice sewing -- treadling is not easy!

Nancy
    Just keep practicing, all of a sudden it will all fall into place and you'll be humming along.......

you are smarter than the average bear, Billy. I hadn't even thought about the times period and what was popular. What would we do without you :lol:

EC
    Best of luck "quilter guy". We'll all be waiting to hear from you. Will keep you in our prayers...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    mlaceruby-I'm with you about their website. It sure isn't as easy as Singers. I'm at a loss-can anyone help me with information about my machine? Does anyone have one like this?

Billy are you there? . . . do you know about my machine? or where I can go to find out more info.
    Here I am and I am clueless about the White sewing machines other that they are really well made. I am looking for information about the dating right now and I hope to find something soon.

Sorry I am not any help with this one.......

Billy

Nope, just meant the motor was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    Dunster, what do you mean electrified?! As in shocked? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Oh I thought I would give you something to look at, I painted my 66 this morning........

Billy
    It's beautiful, and I love the decal. It looks Celtic.

Dee
    Love vintage machines. I will send a picture of mine when I can get it to work.

Blog Entries
    I just want to thank all of you who have helped educate me about Vintage sewing machines. When I joined this board I didn't even know what a Feather Weight was. Now I not only know what one is, I own one. Also had to get a Singer 301, 500, 223, and 774. I also just had to have a pink Atlas and the really cute green Montgomery Ward sewing machine. Thanks for all you pictures and input about those vintage machines. And yes, my name is Kat, and I have a vintage sewing machine adiction. :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KatFish
    I just want to thank all of you who have helped educate me about Vintage sewing machines. When I joined this board I didn't even know what a Feather Weight was. Now I not only know what one is, I own one. Also had to get a Singer 301, 500, 223, and 774. I also just had to have a pink Atlas and the really cute green Montgomery Ward sewing machine. Thanks for all you pictures and input about those vintage machines. And yes, my name is Kat, and I have a vintage sewing machine adiction. :-)
    Well at least your the first to admit it, heck I am still in denial LOL!! My wife came out to the studio and wanted to see what I was working on and I was showing her that machine I painted today and several of the customers machines I had on that side of the studio. And then she turned and looked at my wall unit and asked me "whose are those?" I told her they are mine and she started counting them and asked me why in the hell do I need so many sewing machines I told her because I like them. :lol: :lol:

No joke if you look at my studio right now there are dozens of sewing machines everywhere you turn LOL!! But I dont have an addiction they are all customers machines ;)

Billy

Blog Entries
    If that's your storey, you'd better stick to it. :roll:

What do I use to strip the old green paint from the Singer metal treadle base and legs? I am thinking I want to do that and return it to the original black, but have not decided. If I repaint it, I know to prime but which brand paint and spray or ???
    The cabinet is green too and I was going strip it, but kinda like the green.
    Still having trouble getting the scroll plate screw loose on the machine. I will keep working at it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    What do I use to strip the old green paint from the Singer metal treadle base and legs? I am thinking I want to do that and return it to the original black, but have not decided. If I repaint it, I know to prime but which brand paint and spray or ???
    The cabinet is green too and I was going strip it, but kinda like the green.
    Still having trouble getting the scroll plate screw loose on the machine. I will keep working at it.
    I would use Klean Strip to take the paint off of the base. And if you use an Epoxy paint for the treadle base you wont have to bother with primer.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Hello everyone, I have been trying since yesterday to send a couple pictures of my new machine. I am trying to send a picture of the tension disk check spring and the machine. I think the check spring is in the right place now? Billy, if you guys get this picture will you check the placement of the wire guide.

I apologize if I send it more than once. I have tried a couple times and I can't see that it went through.

I love my machine -- I am so addicted.

Nancy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Doug, we will continue to keep you in our hearts and prayers! This board is terrific and you have many friends here.

Perhaps you won't be in "withdrawal" from this board for very long. Get your primary surgeon to prescribe return to this site asap. My doc wrote a note to DH stating that I was to refrain from doing dishes for a lifetime. DH says I should go back and get another opinion :-)

Hello everyone, I have been trying since yesterday to send a couple pictures of my new machine. I am trying to send a picture of the tension disk check spring and the machine. I think the check spring is in the right place now? Billy, if you guys get this picture will you check the placement of the wire guide.

I apologize if I send it more than once. I have tried a couple times and I can't see that it went through.

Very beautiful! I have the same cabinet but for machine it is a red eye 66. Enjoy!!! Still waiting for my belt to come in. Anna

Nancy

Banned

Nancy
    It looks right but may need adjusting. If you look on the machine itself you will see a small screw that holds part of the assembly to the machine. Loosen it and you can twist the tension assembly to position the overall tension on the spring and the position of the spring loop.

Billy

She is a beauty!

I bought 2 machines yesterday - a Singer 191J and a Butterfly, made in the ROC, which may or may not be vintage. I described them in separate threads because I'm hoping someone (who may not be reading all 255 pages of this thread) may have information about them.
    191J: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56342-1.htm
    Butterfly: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56341-1.htm

Anyone know anything about either of these???

Wine Woman. That machine is like the White that I purchased, only mine was on a treadle cabinet. So you can use it either way, electric or PP. The way mine is set up, the extra round outlet on the back is for the light. On the underneath side there was a plug in that you plugged the line from the underside of the motor plug in. It had a standard extension cord from that to bring the electricity to the machine.

It is the first time that I have seen a "pull" reostate for the control from the knee lever as you show on your cabinet. Mine is the same. I think they had to put it on the left side due to the treadle belt on the right.

Boy that is not very clear. I will try and take some pictures tonight of the underside wiring. I plan on treadling mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    I bought . . . a Butterfly, made in the ROC, which may or may not be vintage. . . .

Modern reproduction.

I don't have any info on either of your machines, but just wanted to say what a "marvelous" face plate on the butterfly machine. I want to follow you around while you are shopping!! Don't suppose you are giving out your sources??

Scotlass

These were both on craigslist, Portland - actually located in Kelso, WA. I wouldn't have gone that far but I was following a butterfly... and DH agreed to stop by Fabric Depot on the way home!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlass
    I don't have any info on either of your machines, but just wanted to say what a "marvelous" face plate on the butterfly machine. I want to follow you around while you are shopping!! Don't suppose you are giving out your sources??

Scotlass

Hey Billy,

I found another "Princess". But she's white:> http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/1862676984.html He said he'd come down a bit after I told him I just got a pink one for $20. But, since I've not been able to get mine up and going, I don't think I'll get another. But it's funny how two popped up closely together. This one may be in better condition than my pink one...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Hey Billy,

I found another "Princess". But she's white:> http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/1862676984.html He said he'd come down a bit after I told him I just got a pink one for $20. But, since I've not been able to get mine up and going, I don't think I'll get another. But it's funny how two popped up closely together. This one may be in better condition than my pink one...
    Oh yours is soo much prettier that that one!! And your right it is funny having two of them pop up that close. Oh and while I am thinking about it you have something on the way to you my dear!!!

And dont worry about the Postage or anything!!

Billy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    I bought . . . a Butterfly, made in the ROC, which may or may not be vintage. . . .

Modern reproduction.
    Hey Dunster I think you have a "Made in India" machine on your hands. I need you to take the faceplate off and see if there is a trade mark behind it. I think I know the company that made that machine and if I am right I have buried in this stack of papers a sales brochure from that company with your machine in it. And it was offered in several different colors including Red!!

Billy