Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 552 1052 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #1276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinqltr
    FEATHERWEIGHTS are still among us.
    You just have to be at the right place at the right time. Our daughter was at a church sponsored flea market yesterday and this is what she brought home. It is a 1964 White featherweight--used very little, very clean, runs well, sews perfectly and gorgeous. Take a look. Ruth
    She probably could have talked them down.......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

    That is remarkable that she got it for that. She had to be there as soon as they opened up for a deal like that!!!!

    Billy

  2. #1277
    Junior Member cabinqltr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Western PA - N of PGH
    Posts
    233
    [quote=Lostn51]
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinqltr
    FEATHERWEIGHTS are still among us.

    She probably could have talked them down.......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

    That is remarkable that she got it for that. She had to be there as soon as they opened up for a deal like that!!!!

    Billy
    Actually about an hour after it opened. I think "ordinary" flea marketers do not have a clue about them, and I am not about to tell them.LOL Ruth

  3. #1278
    EC
    EC is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    304
    Thats why I am buying this bike and taking off for a month to ride across the country that will eliminate one thing off the ole' "Bucket List". The UK and Australia is the next two to come off.

    Billy[/quote]

    Looks like you found the new "toy" of your dreams!!! Good for you! Hope you're taking a Blackberry or stopping at a local library for internet access once in a while so that we can keep track of your trip and ask an occasional question or two. When is this "ride" scheduled to happen?

  4. #1279
    Senior Member Deara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rowan County, North Carolina
    Posts
    808
    Here is a posting from the ISMACS digest newsletter I get. I am hoping that there are folks checking in here that live where this person does. Please note some are free and the phone number is posted.
    Happy shopping.
    Blessings to all,
    Sandi

    Quoted from ISMACS newsletter dated May 21 2010:
    {I hope this posting is ok. Years ago I collected 37 vintage sewing machines in various states of disrepair, They have been stored in my cellar for most of that time. I now need to get rid of several of them.
    I will be at my Cape Cod home and looking to get rid of them from June 10 - 28th. [I am currently living in CA] If you live in the Cape area and are at all interested give me a call on or after June 10. Several of them will be free, just need to pick up. My number is 508 878 2957 my name is McCall. [first name]}

  5. #1280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by EC
    Looks like you found the new "toy" of your dreams!!! Good for you! Hope you're taking a Blackberry or stopping at a local library for internet access once in a while so that we can keep track of your trip and ask an occasional question or two. When is this "ride" scheduled to happen?
    I am going around the tail end of August or September. I dont know what I will bring if anything, I am going to pack SUPER light (the clothes on my back and what I can fit in my pockets :mrgreen: ) and I will more than likely be staying at peoples homes that I know that are around my trip.

    I will however be hanging out in the Grand Canyon area for a few days. I want to go on the overnight trip that they have there where you go down into the canyon and stay at some cabins or camp that they have there. And I am going to see the water falls and swim in the pools that are on the Indian reservation insaide the canyon.

    I do want to see the big ole Sequoias and Mount Rushmore along with Bonneville Salt Flats, the PCH, so I will more than likely be meandering around the whole time!!

    But I am in the middle of planning my trip route and after I figure that one out then I will start asking folks if I can drop by and "flop" at their place!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Plus this trip will give me a chance to meet a lot of people I know from here and the NeedleBar and be able to put faces with a name!!

    Billy

  6. #1281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Deara
    Here is a posting from the ISMACS digest newsletter I get. I am hoping that there are folks checking in here that live where this person does. Please note some are free and the phone number is posted.
    Happy shopping.
    Blessings to all,
    Sandi

    Quoted from ISMACS newsletter dated May 21 2010:
    I hope this posting is ok. Years ago I collected 37 vintage sewing machines in various states of disrepair, They have been stored in my cellar for most of that time. I now need to get rid of several of them.
    I will be at my Cape Cod home and looking to get rid of them from June 10 - 28th. (I am currently living in CA) If you live in the Cape area and are at all interested give me a call on or after June 10. Several of them will be free, just need to pick up. My number is 508 878 2957 my name is McCall.
    Sandi looks like we need to call this person!! Free is always good but I dont mind paying for something I really want!!

    Thanks for posting this I am sure some of us here are around that area and would love to get in on the sale!!

    Ruth, I think your right about the Feather Weights and the average Joe seller, all it is to them is a little sewing machine and most think they are toys or novelties as such.


    Billy

  7. #1282
    Super Member damaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Barnesville GA
    Posts
    3,258
    Well Billy it looks like your trip so far is out west but if you are in the south side of Atlanta GA area you are more than welcome to crash here . As long as you don't mind animals

  8. #1283
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,895
    Have to read up on this whole thread. I messed up my FW, got some thread stuck in the bobbin case and shuttle area. Will have to take time to find out how to clean her up.

  9. #1284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by JCquilts

    OK, Im adding pictures to this one so's you can see what I mean. It is a Singer 95-30. See that big ole motor. and the three foot pedals,, I guess it has a clutch....
    Hey JC go look at this and tell me if this looks a lot like what you have. Also that is some serious attachments you have there!!!

    http://nashville.craigslist.org/fud/1755397683.html

    Billy

  10. #1285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by EC
    Looks like you found the new "toy" of your dreams!!! Good for you! Hope you're taking a Blackberry or stopping at a local library for internet access once in a while so that we can keep track of your trip and ask an occasional question or two. When is this "ride" scheduled to happen?
    I am going around the tail end of August or September. I dont know what I will bring if anything, I am going to pack SUPER light (the clothes on my back and what I can fit in my pockets :mrgreen: ) and I will more than likely be staying at peoples homes that I know that are around my trip.

    I will however be hanging out in the Grand Canyon area for a few days. I want to go on the overnight trip that they have there where you go down into the canyon and stay at some cabins or camp that they have there. And I am going to see the water falls and swim in the pools that are on the Indian reservation insaide the canyon.

    I do want to see the big ole Sequoias and Mount Rushmore along with Bonneville Salt Flats, the PCH, so I will more than likely be meandering around the whole time!!

    But I am in the middle of planning my trip route and after I figure that one out then I will start asking folks if I can drop by and "flop" at their place!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Plus this trip will give me a chance to meet a lot of people I know from here and the NeedleBar and be able to put faces with a name!!

    Billy
    Billy if you need a place to crash in Western CO right off I-70 you're more than welcome here.......maybe you can influence me by then that I "need" a vintage machine so I can join the club....

  11. #1286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by BKinCO
    Billy if you need a place to crash in Western CO right off I-70 you're more than welcome here.......maybe you can influence me by then that I "need" a vintage machine so I can join the club....


    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I just might be in that area!!

    And you already have vintage machine remember?!?! But I can help you get into the "full sized" versions.

    Billy

  12. #1287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    DUH! That's right ! I am already a member of that club :)

    But you can come anyway......


    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by BKinCO
    Billy if you need a place to crash in Western CO right off I-70 you're more than welcome here.......maybe you can influence me by then that I "need" a vintage machine so I can join the club....


    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I just might be in that area!!

    And you already have vintage machine remember?!?! But I can help you get into the "full sized" versions.

    Billy

  13. #1288
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    Don't suppose you're coming as far north as Oregon?

  14. #1289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Don't suppose you're coming as far north as Oregon?
    Hey, Charlee, I'll be in OR in early Aug!

  15. #1290
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    ***PERK*** WHERE???? :lol:

  16. #1291
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    ***PERK*** WHERE???? :lol:
    Portland/Salem/Newport area

  17. #1292
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    Well then! We have to make plans...Portland = 3 hours, Salem =2.5 hours, Newport = 4 hours...

    We can't let you come to Oregon and not make a little trip to see you!! :lol:

  18. #1293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Well then! We have to make plans...Portland = 3 hours, Salem =2.5 hours, Newport = 4 hours...

    We can't let you come to Oregon and not make a little trip to see you!! :lol:
    You're ON!!! I think it's the 1st week of Aug....

    *shit..........I better study up on all these vintage machines now*

  19. #1294
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,517
    Blog Entries
    1
    I found a very old featherweight while camping this week in Oak Mountain State Park here in AL. at a antique shop. It was only 30 bucks and works great, needs cleaning and oiling. I will Look up the serial No. and tell what it is when I start to clean it. They are out there!!!! Glenn

  20. #1295
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    BK! We'll have to go find you one or two to take home with you!! :lol:

  21. #1296
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by JCquilts

    OK, Im adding pictures to this one so's you can see what I mean. It is a Singer 95-30. See that big ole motor. and the three foot pedals,, I guess it has a clutch....
    Hey JC go look at this and tell me if this looks a lot like what you have. Also that is some serious attachments you have there!!!

    http://nashville.craigslist.org/fud/1755397683.html

    Billy
    It kind of looks like it.. I emailed them to see what the model is. We will see if they write back. Interesting that they have it hooked up to a treadle. Im not sure I could pedal that hard...

  22. #1297
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I found a very old featherweight while camping this week in Oak Mountain State Park here in AL. at a antique shop. It was only 30 bucks and works great, needs cleaning and oiling. I will Look up the serial No. and tell what it is when I start to clean it. They are out there!!!! Glenn
    I'll give ya $40 for it!! :lol:

  23. #1298
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,517
    Blog Entries
    1
    221mdl sn# Al526540 Charlee now where do I look this up again? :mrgreen: Glenn

  24. #1299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    BK! We'll have to go find you one or two to take home with you!! :lol:
    My summer mission is to find one long before I come out there ;) I'll have to be ready for Billy's visit....

  25. #1300
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,509
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    221mdl sn# Al526540 Charlee now where do I look this up again? :mrgreen: Glenn
    http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_2letter.html

    50,000 alloted on October 14, 1953 :)

Page 52 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 552 1052 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.