Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-25-2010, 02:01 PM

I'm in!! :)

When I get home I'll post some photos of the restoration project I just got...

It's a Wheeler and Wilson 9...like my Singer 9W, only it has some serious issues, having been through a fire!! :(
Old 04-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
I'm in!! :)

When I get home I'll post some photos of the restoration project I just got...

It's a Wheeler and Wilson 9...like my Singer 9W, only it has some serious issues, having been through a fire!! :(
Thats the reason why the japan was bubbled and missing on the bed....... This is going to be a nice project.

Billy
Old 04-25-2010, 02:47 PM

Well I guess I'll start if off. This is my newest acquisition I picked up this last week. I had posted it already, but it deserves to shine on this post.

It a a Singer Model 66-1 Treadle I got off Craigslist for free! :) :) :)

Works beautifully except for the bobbin winder I broke while cleaning her.

Isn't she a beauty. Haven't named her yet. :thumbup:

Model 66-1 Treadle Red head
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4624[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4624.jpe   attachment-4625.jpe   attachment-4626.jpe  
Old 04-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Banned

Jan I looked and can not find the winder for the 66. I have several cast pieces for the VS machines like the 27's but no 66's. :(

And your machine is a side clamp so it will not be a 66-1 I think it is a 66-2 the 66-1, 66-3 were back clamp and also the 66-1 did not have the boss to bolt a motor or a hand crank to.

But it is such a nice machine!!!!!

Billy
Old 04-25-2010, 03:07 PM

I think this is a great idea. I am like you there is nothing better than making a guilt with a vintage treadle. I even like the smell of the old machines!!! :lol:
Old 04-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glenn
I think this is a great idea. I am like you there is nothing better than making a guilt with a vintage treadle. I even like the smell of the old machines!!! :lol:
Glenn you need to post some photos of your acquisition on here. You know how we love photos!!!

Billy
Old 04-25-2010, 03:59 PM

A bowling buddy asked me if I knew of anyone who would pay $25 Cdn for this little sewing machine she had kept in her hall closet for a few years. ( She probably got it for free, as she volunteered at a Women In Need shop.) Told her I'd look at it and then take it to guild if I wasn't interested, here in our area I haven't seen any interest at all in these cute machines. (& I didn't know it was a featherweight when I bought it...hehehe). I've made one care quilt with it, it's so cute....I don't really have the time to play with it or space for it....and DH said....what do you want with that old thing (the case is intact & not smelly, but not many attachments)......but here she is anyway....and I think she's here to stay! After looking up her serial # I see she was "born"" in 1948
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4854.jpe  
Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM

So exactly where are we to find your new Shop? I really don't know what PDA is, I don't think I will ever learn what sall the abbreviations stand for!!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
A bowling buddy asked me if I knew of anyone who would pay $25 Cdn for this little sewing machine she had kept in her hall closet for a few years. ( She probably got it for free, as she volunteered at a Women In Need shop.) Told her I'd look at it and then take it to guild if I wasn't interested, here in our area I haven't seen any interest at all in these cute machines. (& I didn't know it was a featherweight when I bought it...hehehe). I've made one care quilt with it, it's so cute....I don't really have the time to play with it or space for it....and DH said....what do you want with that old thing (the case is intact & not smelly, but not many attachments)......but here she is anyway....and I think she's here to stay! After looking up her serial # I see she was "born"" in 1948
She's my age, exactly. Are you sure you wouldn't like to pass her on to me? :wink:
Old 04-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by clem55
So exactly where are we to find your new Shop? I really don't know what PDA is, I don't think I will ever learn what sall the abbreviations stand for!!
Clem you are in it now, so just pull you up a stool and join in the conversation.

Welcome my friend!!

Billy