Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-15-2010, 01:53 PM

As much as I can figure it is a VS2 in a 27 Coffin base.

Originally Posted by seamstome
I assume it is called that because the base is curved? I thought it was a early VS 2.

The cabinet is very pretty. I bought it from an antique dealer about 15 or 18 years ago. My hubby thought I got ripped off because I paid like 275 for it but I have enjoyed having it and I figure if I dont want it anymore I can sell it for probably around what I paid for it. Something you cant say about most things you buy.
Your machine is exquisite in my book. How beautiful. Sorta makes me tear up :XD: Wow! Do you sew with it? It looks somewhat similar to my Jones & Co. machine several pages back. But, yours is more beautiful. Wow!

lfw045: I bet you could make a fortune making drool bibs just by selling to the customers that come into this shop. ;-) ;-)
Banned

I assume it is called that because the base is curved? I thought it was a early VS 2.

The cabinet is very pretty. I bought it from an antique dealer about 15 or 18 years ago. My hubby thought I got ripped off because I paid like 275 for it but I have enjoyed having it and I figure if I dont want it anymore I can sell it for probably around what I paid for it. Something you cant say about most things you buy.
Back then you did pay way more than what it was worth but the investment paid off!! Not many folks can say they have a fiddle base 27 in that nice of condition!

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lfw045
Has anyone considered a quilted "drool" bib? ;^)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Gorgeous machine and cabinet Seamstome!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Your machine is exquisite in my book. How beautiful. Sorta makes me tear up :XD: Wow! Do you sew with it? It looks somewhat similar to my Jones & Co. machine several pages back. But, yours is more beautiful. Wow!

Both of you have very very nice machines!!! The Jones is my favorite because its a non Singer. I have always had a soft spot for the oddities. Heck I have a bullet nosed Studebaker so what does that tell you...........

But I would be tickled pink if I had either one of your machines!!!!

Billy
Old 05-15-2010, 02:03 PM

My GF who "does" antiques told me to get it even if it was high because it was in such nice shape and I would search high and low to find another one. My hubby grumbled all the way to the truck. I didnt care because I got what I wanted. My grandmother had one and I thought it was so cool. When she died, they had an estate sale. Being from another state, I got there later in the day and it was sold out from under me. I was ticked at my aunt but I guess cash in hand, blah blah.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:07 PM

Yes the Jones is stunning!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:34 PM

I brought my "new" machine home today. My aunt gave it to me. It had belonged to her MIL (who was born in 1897). It hasn't been used in a very long time, but all I did was dust it off and it shines nicely. All the parts move easily, nothing appears to be rusted. The drawers were full of all kinds of neat stuff... oodles of little wooden spools of silk thread 15 cents, a ton of bobbins (two different kinds hmmmm). Two booklets and a box of accessories, Singer needles in old paper packet. The only thing missing is on the foot pedal, the pushy thingy that makes it go! I hope I can get a replacement or we'll have to make up something.
The number on it is: AJ481666 and the booklet says: 15-91 and the last copyright in the booklet is 1941. So I am assuming it must be a 1941 model.... right?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-68218.jpe   attachment-68219.jpe   attachment-68220.jpe  
Old 05-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

My GF who "does" antiques told me to get it even if it was high because it was in such nice shape and I would search high and low to find another one. My hubby grumbled all the way to the truck. I didnt care because I got what I wanted. My grandmother had one and I thought it was so cool. When she died, they had an estate sale. Being from another state, I got there later in the day and it was sold out from under me. I was ticked at my aunt but I guess cash in hand, blah blah.
Well you did great when you did buy it and she was right you can search all you want but you wont find a nicer one!!!!

Billy