Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Miz Johnny maybe, our machines take the open boat shuttle?

Nancy
Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 PM

[quote=BoJangles!

Well, you guys remember my Davis Vertical Feed pre 1900 machine - I think it is around 1989 --
I think my Davis is a really neat machine because of the fact that it does not have feed dogs, but not much good to me if I can't get it to sew!

Quiltaddict to you still want this machine?

Nancy[/quote]

Don't give up yet. I am sorry you are having bad luck with provider but Paypal will get your money back.

I am still interested but I think you can make it work and will love it. Not sure when I could get up your way to pick it up.

Like the new avatar picture also. Nice little herd.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:57 PM

Just catching up for the last couple of weeks. Shop sure has been busy. Glad everyone is doing okay and survived the holidays. Billy glad you took a break, enjoy your time with family. Congratulations on over 500 pages of posts. It is the first place I go when I log on.

I probably will not have much time to play with the board as my Mom came home to stay for a couple of weeks. So doing tourist things with her in between working.

wish you all a happy new year.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM

These numbers coincide with the Koyu company and these badged machines........Seammaster, Dressmaker, Aldens. The JC number is the first one in that entry so I have no comparisons. But this will help with my research and I thank you for the numbers!

Billy[/quote]

My dressmaker has 2 sets of numbers. JN830309 or JN830300 is on abraded on plate underneather. JA 12 is molded into the under carriage. Hope this adds to your research. Bobbie
Old 12-30-2010, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I picture this basement covered with machines and some machines piled on top of cabinets that are holding machines.
You should see my GF's set up. She has TWO houses (side by side); one known as The Main House, the other called The Play House. In The Play House basement, the treadles are stacked on top of each other, with portables shoved in here and there. It defies description!!
I've seen a lot of creative ways of housing machines. Carter Bays' collection is in his house. In addition to having a rooms full, he also has treadles hanging on the walls in some parts of the house. I've known people to add on rooms and build large outbuildings to store them.

In my next life, I'm collecting thimbles.
OMG! Treadles hanging from walls! I like your idea of collecting thimbles; less space and some are so adorable.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:44 PM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
NO NO NO NO NO, I would not want to do another wedding! I think, I forgot how to do dresses -- I'd rather make quilts!
Yes, they were for daughters and daughter's in law's.

Nancy
I have been helping my daughter with her sewing project. I have made 4 pants in 4 days, and all that material is baby silk (ugh!) First time sewing with this stuff. Today is a jumpsuit (I'm procrastinating right now). I have been sewing lots of French seams in the past 4 days. Well, my 201treadle doesn't mind, but I do. I think I have hit that stage in my life where working with cottons and quilting is it for me. I'm looking forward to getting back to my quilting projects and clean up that free machine that I got before the holidays. Yup! I would rather make quilts too.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:48 PM

My cousin asked me to help with some little clothes. I said I do not do anything I don't like to do, and doing little things is one of them. I retired so that I could do what I want when I want to do it!!! I love it that way. I told all my machines that we were done doing armholes, sleeves, and pant legs. LOL
Old 12-30-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
My cousin asked me to help with some little clothes. I said I do not do anything I don't like to do, and doing little things is one of them. I retired so that I could do what I want when I want to do it!!! I love it that way. I told all my machines that we were done doing armholes, sleeves, and pant legs. LOL
Haahahaaa! I love this! I remember the day I made a barbie outfit for my daughter's doll. Man, I hated sewing that small outfit (I had a crappy machine back then). Well, I like your idea.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:12 PM

As much as I hate it too, the 301 I just got has all the neat sewing feet to do that kind of stuff, like lace and piping. Not looking for any of that stuff to do tho, rather quilt.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by grannysewer
As much as I hate it too, the 301 I just got has all the neat sewing feet to do that kind of stuff, like lace and piping. Not looking for any of that stuff to do tho, rather quilt.
I know what you mean about the 301. I just purchased my 3rd on last week. Love them. Take it to class with me. I actually prefer it to my Featherweights.