Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-31-2010, 02:52 PM

Thanks for all your advice about the skiping stitches on my 301. I will try everything that you suggested.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned

Okay guys I thought for the ones of us that are not going to do anything special tonite that we have a live chat in the Chat Room. It would be pretty neat to be able to talk real time about our machines family and hopes for New Years.

So what do you guys think about that?

Billy
Old 12-31-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay guys I thought for the ones of us that are not going to do anything special tonite that we have a live chat in the Chat Room. It would be pretty neat to be able to talk real time about our machines family and hopes for New Years.

Billy
Count me in!!! What time??
Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
Billy, would you happen to know where I can get some info on a Hartland sewing machine?
I think this post got lost in the shuffle. Does anyone have any info on a Hartland sewing machine? Has anyone even heard of it??
Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Take a picture of the spool-pin area; I MIGHT (possibly) have one that will fit. Have you considered a thread stand? I use them with all of my machines because I use the giant cones of thread.
I will do that and try to post it tomorrow. May spend time with DD tonite or my sewing machine. Trying to get project finished. :D
Actually, somewhere, in my sewing cave (think disaster area), I have one of those thread stands. It is MIA along with 2 other Christmas gifts. :mrgreen:
Old 12-31-2010, 03:09 PM

[quote=vintagemotif]
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher9. He also had (are you ready for this Nancy), a Davis VF machine in the cabinet. Looks real good and the shuttle and bobbin are still in the machine also a pack of needles.[/quote

Way cool! Do you know what year or model? Maybe you will be able to help Nancy out with hers.
Don't know yet. Have to get it home it's buried in his garage right now. But, it does spin and needs a belt. Really a cool looking machine. I am hopeing I can help Nancy because the shuttle and bobbin and org. needle is still intact.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:12 PM

Billy, would you happen to know where I can get some info on a Hartland sewing machine?
I think this post got lost in the shuffle. Does anyone have any info on a Hartland sewing machine? Has anyone even heard of it??
No, sorry, I've never heard of it.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
Count me in!!! What time??
I am thinking somewhere around 8 or 9PM eastern time until we fall out LOL!!

Billy
Old 12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

I am going to look around and see what I can find for you. I imagine it is a Badged machine so you might need to post a photo of it so we can see the little rascal.

Billy
Old 12-31-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Geeze, I guess I will have to find a 301 now! Well, that gives me something to look forward too! I am already looking for a 201 because of this thread!
What I really like about my 301 is that it is so "familiar" to me. I was able to thread it and load the bobbin without even looking at the booklet because that's the way all of my machines have threaded. My Phaff threads in such a strange way that I still need to look up the instructions every time I re-thread it. Winding the bobbin is weird, also.

I bought the book, "The Featherweight and I" by David McCallum, and I was able to fix the tensioner on my 301 just by reading his instructions because the FW and the 301 are quite a bit alike. I never would have thought that I could do it!!!!

ETA: 99K's are super HEAVY!!! My dental hygienist gave me her grandmother's 99K and when I went to pick it up I was shocked :shock: at the weight of it.
I will have to weigh mine if I can lift it off of the shelf. I know it sure feels like it weighs more than 6 lbs more than my 301. I'll get back to you.