Where do you hide them all?

Old 04-23-2014, 02:06 PM

Put my name on the Singer Featherweight, please Auntie Miriam!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Put my name on the Singer Featherweight, please Auntie Miriam!
snicker snicker
I have your name on the golden touch and sew - look out my niece lives in St Louis - I could load up your garage if you misbehave.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:05 PM

No, NOT THE TOUCH AND SEW. Anything but that. LOL!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:18 PM

I've had children re-bound home before but I find it's better to claim your space when you can. The youngest is happy to be cleaning up his room today and was glad to let me have the shelving! I got a heck of a bruise on my arm trying to re-adjust the shelves for the best machine storage height, but it is so worth it! I'll end up with more space in my sewing room and good solid shelving to hold several machines.

Miriam, I am looking forward to your new stash! I got a few of those nasty ones too, but they are great for learning on so you don't mess up the good ones!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
I've had children re-bound home before but I find it's better to claim your space when you can. The youngest is happy to be cleaning up his room today and was glad to let me have the shelving! I got a heck of a bruise on my arm trying to re-adjust the shelves for the best machine storage height, but it is so worth it! I'll end up with more space in my sewing room and good solid shelving to hold several machines.

Miriam, I am looking forward to your new stash! I got a few of those nasty ones too, but they are great for learning on so you don't mess up the good ones!
I have my fair share of nasty ones I have personally messed up. I guess I can stand to learn a few more things.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:10 PM

Where? Well, one IS in the bathroom, in a case. Four in the bottom of the closet in the sewing room. Maybe 10 under the sewing table, 4 on shelves in the sewing room, about 7 in the living room. A couple I suspect DH put in the attic. Sigh! If I ever want to move to a smaller place - and this one is plenty small, thank you - I'm in trouble.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Miriam, I am looking forward to your post about the new aquisitions!! What fun! More vicarious indulging for the rest of us! How fun!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 PM

Here I was, feeling a bit guilty about having 11 machines....actually, I have some of them on ebay right now, which will leave me with the 4 I use all the time, plus the 3 in my living room - and I just need to not find any more to bring home with me.....however, there are a few more that I would sure love to have, so ....??????? My hubby just laughs and says "Just what you needed"...it came to mind the other day tho...what happens when I leave this world and go on to my next adventure? Can't take them with me, and no relatives that care about sewimg.......any suggestions?
Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
Here I was, feeling a bit guilty about having 11 machines....actually, I have some of them on ebay right now, which will leave me with the 4 I use all the time, plus the 3 in my living room - and I just need to not find any more to bring home with me.....however, there are a few more that I would sure love to have, so ....??????? My hubby just laughs and says "Just what you needed"...it came to mind the other day tho...what happens when I leave this world and go on to my next adventure? Can't take them with me, and no relatives that care about sewimg.......any suggestions?
Leave them in your will to a place that donates to women in need or your local quilting club to auction to raise funds, your local church, musem? LOL lots of places would love to receive them.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
Where? Well, one IS in the bathroom, in a case. Four in the bottom of the closet in the sewing room. Maybe 10 under the sewing table, 4 on shelves in the sewing room, about 7 in the living room. A couple I suspect DH put in the attic. Sigh! If I ever want to move to a smaller place - and this one is plenty small, thank you - I'm in trouble.
Eeek! Be careful about the one in the bathroom because it could be exposed to moisture. I had read not to store your hair trimming shears in the bathroom for the same reason!

FREE Quilting Newsletter