Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 192 of 247 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 191 192 193 202 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

I have them pulled out and in progress. But progress is so slow for me right now. So many distractions with the Holiday, weather and all!

Blog Entries
    Sharon...thats all you need to do...just progress of any kind..slow, fast..it doesn't matter as long as something is moving! You'll get there in the end!

I'm working on the second to last block and working two jobs also.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    I'm working on the second to last block and working two jobs also.
    Way to go! Aren't you exhausted? 2 jobs??? And a DJ quilt???

When do you sleep?

I know - you'll sleep when the final block is finished!

Great going!!!

Thanks Kathy! Sleep is over rated isn't it?

Blog Entries
    You are Jan?!!!!! Now I'll say that I'm TOTALLY impressed!!! It feels great to be that close to finished doesn't it!! Yippee!! You can sleep later....under your finished Jane!

That is awesome Jan!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Well done ladies, good to know that you are still going forward - speed is immaterial at this stage, just don't go backwards or give up!

As if I didn't have enough going on... :P I have signed up for a block of the month program with Common Threads Quilting in Waxahachie, Texas!!! I am calling this my Christmas, to me - from me ;-) It is William Morris (design) My Renaissance by Michele Hill. I received my first month yesterday...it is so pretty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is the funny part, it is applique and although a different style, really a bit similar to our next planned group project AFOH. :lol:

Blog Entries
    How cool Meredith! I'm going to have to google it to see...

Oh gosh...I went to look...it is gorgeous!!! I'll be envious when that one is done. I just bet those fabrics are beautiful! Are you going with the braid or the applique?

Wow Meredith, that's an amazing project! Never seen anything like it. Will you follow that color theme?

Blog Entries
    Just to spur you all on to get Jane finished, I found a nice site that you can all look at blocks of AOTH. The finished quilt has a different border to the one in the book, but that just gives you more ideas for options!

http://cherylquilts.com/affairs_of_the_heart.htm

That site is BEAUTIFUL! What an encouragement!

Patti, I don't see projects that take my breath away very often, but this one does. I am in love with the look...I haven't decided between the gold braid or gold applique over the seams, although they requested a choice when signing up, I didn't do so...I will decide later.

Jan, The fabric choices are a little different than the picture, the background is a wonderful black on black instead of the brown pictured. I did look up the background before signing up for the BOM. They will be sending a packet of fabric for four blocks each month. November was the first month! If you look on the quilt shops website at this BOM they picture their fabric choices per block, but only the first two months are done.

It been several years since I joined a BOM, although the cost is a premium, in return you receive a wide selection of well coordinated fabrics! I like to make my own fabric choices most of time, however, I tend to have excess fabric at the end of the project...

Lesley, Great close up pics of the blocks for the AOTH project! Thanks for posting! I am still considering wool on this one.

Blog Entries
    Lesley...thanks for that link! It appears that she digitized the pattern and made that whole quilt "in the hoop". I wondered when/if that was available as the pattern sure leans towards it. I like her border too...but boy...is it ever busy! I haven't had time to play yet..you'll probably be done with your quilt by the time I get to sit down, play and make my fabric decisions!! LOL!

Meredith..premium or not...I think that particular quilt will be worth it. I can't wait to watch you do this one. You will be posting progress, right??? hint...hint...hint....

Black sounds much nicer for your background Meredith. The only part I didn't like was the brown color. I'll be watching your progress also. Pictures are a must!!!

After I finish Stargazer Jane, I will start My Renaissance, and post pics. Thanks Patti & Jan!!! :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Lesley...thanks for that link! It appears that she digitized the pattern and made that whole quilt "in the hoop". I wondered when/if that was available as the pattern sure leans towards it. I like her border too...but boy...is it ever busy! I haven't had time to play yet..you'll probably be done with your quilt by the time I get to sit down, play and make my fabric decisions!! LOL!

Meredith..premium or not...I think that particular quilt will be worth it. I can't wait to watch you do this one. You will be posting progress, right??? hint...hint...hint....
    I shall be needleturning mine, as I like the handsewing. I don't know if I like the fussy border on the link I posted, I shall have to think about that part.

Blog Entries
    I expect you will all be very busy tomorrow, so I thought I would pop in now and wish all my Quilty DJ friends a very Happy Christmas and a finished quilt in 2011. Love Lesley.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the wishes and I turn them around to you Lesley! Merry Christmas all you Janiacs!

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas, Lesley! I'll be here as we don't have anything planned for the holiday. No family near.

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas, Patti!

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas to Everyone here in DJ Cyber-world. You all are the most dear friends anyone could have! Anyone planning a squiffy party, please have one for me!

Merry Christmas to all of my wonderful friends.

Page 192 of 247 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 191 192 193 202 242 ... LastLast