Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 71 of 247 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Bearpaw love your colors. Your quilt will be beautiful. :thumbup:

I have redone the excel spreadsheet that Klue posted for trip around the world color layout. I have checked three time I hope there are no mistakes. I hope this will help anyone that is doing their color layout in trip around the world.

Deb

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
    I have redone the excel spreadsheet that Klue posted for trip around the world color layout. I have checked three time I hope there are no mistakes. I hope this will help anyone that is doing their color layout in trip around the world.

Deb
    you're such a sweetie!!!!

{{{MWAH}}}

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyKim
    Hi, Klue I know I read a post about how many blocks you can get out of a F4, but I can't find it now. I am going shopping tomorrow and need to know. Kim
    it is under the main section
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32424-1.htm

If that is the one you meant of course lol

Banned
    Hi, Klue I know I read a post about how many blocks you can get out of a F4, but I can't find it now. I am going shopping tomorrow and need to know. Kim
    a quarter of a FQ will make 2 blocks or 1 block and 1 triangle.

so you can get 8 blocks from a FQ or a mix of a few blocks and a few triangles.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    I am so bummed!!!! My fabrics won't be shipped until the 4th. :cry:

I bought a charm pack of all the fossil ferns to make sure I liked the fabrics before I bought them. Good thing, too - the red that I picked was way darker in person.

Here's a pic of the colors I'll be using:
    i love fossil ferns - this will look awesome!

shame it will take a while for the fabric to show up but at least it will be in time for the kickoff - the official start date is jan 4th 2010.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    Ninnie- awesome blocks
    Bearpaw- way cool color combo!

I will start as a delinquent. I gave very specific info to get software for Christmas gift. No one took notice of my not so subtle hints. So I had to order it myself. Now I have to wait for it to come in.

But I do have fabric! (and a clean sewing room)
    thats a great start

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    a quarter of a FQ will make 2 blocks or 1 block and 1 triangle.

so you can get 8 blocks from a FQ or a mix of a few blocks and a few triangles.
    lol.. I suppose that is what she meant by blocks...considering this is a DJ thread! ooops!

Blog Entries
    Vicki, I love the fossil ferns. Your Fossil Jane will be gorgeous. I purchased some for a memory quilt.

Isn't this exciting.

Blog Entries
    Blue, Your blocks are beautiful with those sashes. sp??
    I love your colors.
    What a lot of work, but so worth it. This will be so much fun.

Ok, here goes. What do you do with the spread sheet info? I open it and push windows xl and then what? I opened everything on that page and what the heck am I looking for??????????????????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Ok, here goes. What do you do with the spread sheet info? I open it and push windows xl and then what? I opened everything on that page and what the heck am I looking for??????????????????
    if you're going to be doing the trip around the world layout it tells you exactly which blocks fall into which section so you'll always know which color fabric to use.

since we're not doing the blocks in order across each row its easy to get lost and forget which color fabrics to use on which block in each section.

now you'll know.

then you can enter that you did it and it will tally how many blocks you've made and how many pieces of fabric have be used to make the quilt.

like jane's quilt label says exactly how many pieces of fabric she used and a lot of people like to continue with that tradition.

Thanks Klue, My DH is calling my quilt Kim's Million Dollar DJ Quilt! He thinks it is costing too much! I need some civil war F4 and was trying to decide how many I was going to need. I think I will add up the cost of his last jeeping weekend before I go shopping I can spend at least that much :-D

Banned
    Thanks Klue, My DH is calling my quilt Kim's Million Dollar DJ Quilt! He thinks it is costing too much! I need some civil war F4 and was trying to decide how many I was going to need. I think I will add up the cost of his last jeeping weekend before I go shopping I can spend at least that much :-D
    LMAO

my DH feels the exact same way.

it is the most expensive quilt i've ever made.

what an execellent idea if my DH starts to complain maybe i'll just remind him of the amount of money he pulled out of savings to get his motorcycle. :twisted:

Wow this is really getting exciting. I have spent a good part of the day trying to get my room ready. Fabrics are washed and ready. Now for the room. Seems like it is never clean.
    I just love the Storm at Sea Blue it will go perfectly in my bedroom I have all blue and white in there.

Bearpaw the fossil ferns are just gorgeous I would be pacing the floor waiting for those.
    Cher

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone

Bearpaw, I love, love love your fabric choices. I agree with the post that said it will be richly colored...those types of batiks come out so pretty into quilts.

have you named your work in progress yet? A few of us have done so...

have you named your work in progress yet? A few of us have done so...[/quote]

What are the names I haven't even thought of that yet either???
    Cher

Kelly, thanks for all your info. I kinda knew all that. What someone needs to tell me is how to get that thing out of this computer. What buttons to push and what to look for. Your talking to a complete idiot here when it comes to computers!

Oh, BTW, My name is 'Columbia River Jane'. How's that? Has nothing to do with my DJ but it locates me.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    what an execellent idea if my DH starts to complain maybe i'll just remind him of the amount of money he pulled out of savings to get his motorcycle. :twisted:
    Ladies just be thankful those DH are there to complain. My DH told me if I came home with another piece of material he would divorce me. Quite a strong threat. Well 58 years and he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kosmos
    Ladies just be thankful those DH are there to complain. My DH told me if I came home with another piece of material he would divorce me. Quite a strong threat. Well 58 years and he didn't.
    trust me i am considering that i nearly lost him three times last february

Quote Originally Posted by kosmos
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmortherest
    I mentioned to hubby about organising something with my LQS to get the fabric I need for this and he said "don't be silly, just buy it". So I mentioned just how much the fabric will cost and after he finished choking and his face lost that purple shade, he muttered quietly something about it being a good idea to talk to the quilt shop and organise something. LOL

OK, I am going to try and include a pic of my first block. I have never paper-pieced before, but I think I can get the hang of it lol!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 71 of 247 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 171 ... LastLast