Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 February 2012 BOM Pictures >

1 February 2012 BOM Pictures

1 February 2012 BOM Pictures

Old 02-02-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
Here is my block. I'm making my blocks into quilts for my granddaughters. I'm on a couple more BOM's so two of them will be the block of the month, with fabrics like valentines for February, 4 leaf clovers for March, etc. for each of them, but the blocks will be different. This is going to be a fun year.
KL, your block is lovely!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 PM

PokerDiva, your block is so cute! I have your three soft pink fabrics. Love the colors!

Klgreene, I love your block! So creative!

I am so enjoying seeing what everyone does with their blocks! What fun! Keep em coming!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Very creative blocks - will hit the machine this weekend.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 PM

I love what you're all doing! I finished binding a quilt today, hoping to get my block at least started tomorrow! So far, I haven't seen anyone make anything close to the idea I had...
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 PM

Wow ladies what beautiful blocks love them.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
I just finished my February Block. I've never done a d9p before, so, SulaBug, I hope you don't mind that I copied your idea, except I didn't reverse my fabrics on the d9p like I did on the cat block. I pieced this block on one of my featherweights...love those little machines.
Lynn......WOW, your February Cat block turned out wonderful!! I just LOVE it & the fabric & color's you chose to put together. I am so fond of purple, too. I reversed my D9P blocks, because I reversed the cat blocks, but I really like the way you made your D9P blocks alike!! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today on the quilting board. I just know your Mom is so proud of you & loves your new block in her memory!! This is so fun ladies.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
Surfer girl and all others, love your blocks. Here is my pink kittie. I increased the size to 8" and added border. Wish I had used the background fabric instead of the white in the border. Maybe before this is over I might change it. And then again, maybe not.
PokerDiva.......Your February Cat block also turned out really great!! I like the way you increased your cat block pattern to 8" & then added such a pretty border. It is so fun to see all of the different idea's of how everyone will put theirs together. Thank you for sharing with us, here on the quilting board.Very nice work!!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
Here is my block. I'm making my blocks into quilts for my granddaughters. I'm on a couple more BOM's so two of them will be the block of the month, with fabrics like valentines for February, 4 leaf clovers for March, etc. for each of them, but the blocks will be different. This is going to be a fun year.
OMGoodness, another darling February Cat block for everyone to see!! Your fabric's are beautiful & they go together so well. I can tell that you are going to have a very happy GD when this quilt is done. I am so glad to hear you say, this is going to be a fun year, as I agree with you 100%!! Thank you for sharing today, as you know we all love show & tell!!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:28 AM

I just wanted to let eveyone know that it is perfectly okay, if you choose to use the D9P pattern like I did. You can't really call it copied, as with your selection of fabric's, they are all going to look different. So go for it & have fun.

Last edited by SulaBug; 02-03-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:18 AM

HELP!!! I've looked all over but can not find the pattern for this month I love all the blocks that have been posted so far. Could some one please help me I'm very new to paper piecing and would like to try this block and as so many of us have kitties that are part of our hearts it is a perfect block for February.

Thanks,
Donna C. Ohio
dconroy84