Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now! >

16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

Old 01-07-2017, 07:25 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Oh, and I vote you used D, which is the one I like best.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:27 PM

Paintmejudy: Yes my solid blue is my medium and the TOT fabric is the same in both pictures but the true color shows best in the block. I'm so happy I picked up several yardages of the TOT at a fabric yard sale.

Thanks for your reply.

Connie
Old 01-07-2017, 09:04 PM

I'm going with C all the way around.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Paintmejudy: Yes my solid blue is my medium and the TOT fabric is the same in both pictures but the true color shows best in the block. I'm so happy I picked up several yardages of the TOT at a fabric yard sale.

Thanks for your reply.

Connie
What is TOT?
Old 01-08-2017, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
What is TOT?
It is Tone on Tone. We use that to describe a two-tone fabric that has two shades of the same color on it, such as white-on-white.

Judy, I plan to join this train, I just have to find some fabric in my stash that will work.....and I love the "B" fabrics in your samples, so I think that is what you used.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:46 AM

(Whew) glad I didn't miss the train leaving the station...I'll be rummaging through my stash after church. I love Carol's fabrics and will be curious if she ends up using them after next week's clue.

I like Judy's combinations in Group B and C and hope she picked B.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:58 AM

Judy, would this mystery be a good pattern for a quilt of valor? I have a veteran friend I want to make a quilt for. As someone else suggested it would be serving two purposes at once. But if not, that's ok too.

I have another question. When you said you will save about 9" for sashing, did you mean for a first border? Or are we to figure fabric for sashing between the blocks as well?

I think you will be using set B.

Last edited by Just Jan; 01-08-2017 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
(Whew) glad I didn't miss the train leaving the station...I'll be rummaging through my stash after church. I love Carol's fabrics and will be curious if she ends up using them after next week's clue.

I like Judy's combinations in Group B and C and hope she picked B.
I love those fabrics too and have waited for the just the right pattern - this may not be it. But I pulled these out now. What do you all think? As usual I'm having a hard time making a decision. The one combo is rather drab and perhaps there is no "medium" but I do like that print...too large a print too? The teal combo may be the final unless I dig deeper. I realized that I don't have large enough pieces of small printed fabric as even that seems a bit larger than Judy shows in her samples....hmm does that mean I have to go shopping?
Attached Thumbnails mystery-train-2017-003.jpg  

Last edited by Carol in WI; 01-08-2017 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Add on
Old 01-08-2017, 06:00 AM

[QUOTE=Carol in WI;7736278]I love those fabrics too and have waited for the just the right pattern - this may not be it. But I pulled these out now. What do you all think? As usual I'm having a hard time making a decision. The one combo is rather drab and perhaps there is no "medium" but I do like that print...too large a print too? The teal combo may be the final unless I dig deeper. I realized that I don't have large enough pieces of small printed fabric as even that seems a bit larger than Judy shows in her samples....hmm does that mean I have to go shopping?[/QUOTE

Carol in WI I like your fabrics but I would have made them into different sets. Try trading out the gold and the white. The first set would be floral (med), olive(dark), and gold(light); and the second set would be dark blue, light blue, and white. What do you think?
Old 01-08-2017, 06:41 AM

Breakfast Tacos were great. Thank-you. It went great with the hot chocolate. Which I brought and left several packages in the club car.

I'm going to be working on this mystery at the same time I will be finishing Bonnie's mystery. Of course I am several weeks behind. Normal for me. I decided to make the large quilt on Bonnie's mystery.

As for this mystery. My New Year's Resolution is to keep up with your mystery each week this year and try to post pics as I go along. So in the next couple of days I will be picking out my fabric. I plan to make a small throw. Which makes it easier to keep up.

Thank-you Judy for hosting another mystery for us. I so enjoy the train ride and reading how everyone is doing.