Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

Welcome to all the new riders on the train. I love the pretty fabrics. It's always so much fun to see the same pattern worked up in different fabrics. Lots of different ones this time too. Where is Lynnie with her Chocolate Wine?
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Love the new fabric choices! YAY! More joining the train. Just Jan, your room is very elegant. I love blue and white.
    Yes, where is Lynnie? I hope she's not stuck in the snow! Oranges in the club car for anyone who needs some Vitamin C. :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Jan -- lovely room. Yes, you definitely need to make two quilts so you'll have one to match your room.
    Delphina -- welcome aboard. Love the middle fabric -- it's so feminine.

I just put some dark chocolate truffles in the club car along with a nice Shiraz. I think chocolate and red wine go together so well. And I too wonder where Lynnie is with her chocolate wine.

Mary and coopah - yes, I've noticed, Lynnie is missing, and Dotty isn't on the train either.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Here's another option this time using blue. My least favorite part of quilting is fabric selection. So any opinions gladly and graciously accepted. LOL
    Name:  blues.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  84.5 KB

The picture came out with a lot of yellow in it. The bedspread is WHITE!!

Alva -- they look good to me, but I also have trouble picking out fabrics for a mystery quilt. But you know what? I always love how they end up even if the fabrics aren't my favourites to begin with.

I'm trying my initial choice with a stronger orange. Hopefully this will have more contrast with the yellow than my first choice. I'm also going to do one in blues. Although both of these will be charity quilts, it will be nice to work with my favourite colours as well as my "non-favourite".

Oops! Pics came out really large but trying to change them smaller didn't work. Sorry.

Name:  MT 16 - 1.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  152.9 KB
    Name:  MT 16 - 2.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  129.2 KB

Judy I sent Lynnie a pm to remind her, she is without a machine right now. : sew: She's going to follow and try to catch up when she gets a new machine.
    Mary

alva I think you will be fine with these

Belfry I like your blues in the bottom picture ... but ... wondering if you want to wait until Saturday to decide on the top selection.

Everybody's fabrics are so pretty!
    I'm still trying to find ones that fit both my criteria - I like them together and I have enough of them if I decide to go bigger.
    My have to just do a single block and go shopping after I get another payment in.

Revised combo

Judy, what do you think of this combo now? I realized one of my earlier choices was too short a remnant, so now this is the latest effort. I'm really looking forward to this mystery especially after reading all the positive feedback from your previous mysteries.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liking that combo a lot, Carol! I think it's the ticket!

I finally pulled some fabrics, the light is a TOT white and cream paisley. The gray is a solid, when I resized the pic it made it look all wavy. The brights are fat quarters that coordinate with the medium print, I hope to use them for sashing and border. I'm ready for Saturday!Name:  IMG_7066.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  66.7 KB

I did your mystery quilt about 100 years ago and enjoyed it so much...now is the time to do it again! here's my fabric selection...will they work together? Hope so..I really like these three togetherName:  IMG_0550.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  422.0 KB

oops! Light is in the middle!

Such wonderful fabrics.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    not sure what to use

help!! not sure which one to use? A, B or C ? still learning color value, Hoping to have a fun ride with you all.
    A) blue, red and white
    b) hunter green, gold, gold print
    C) peach, rose, and green paisley with those colors in it
    Attached Images

Carol these are perfect - plenty of contrast

dhanke love all those brights you will border the quilt with, and like your fabrics too.

giggle - ok, if light is the middle fabric, you will be fine. Pretty grays.

Tomara - either A or C will be fine. With the B, the medium and light are too close, not enough contrast

Ok, everyone, I am shutting the puter down, going to plop by lazy self on the couch and read until tired. See you all tomorrow. I hear the wheels on the train going Sat ur day Sat ur day Sat ur day, as we move closer and closer to starting to sew.

I just came across this and cant wait to hop along for the ride.. I just got done with the BH mystery En Provence and I am addicted to mystery quilts now..

Blog Entries
    dotty congrats to son!! we are running parallel lives, lol. i will now go hunting for 4 fabrics. i am using black for my sashings. then everyone will know it is mine, 'cause that's what i do!

Blog Entries
    Reading is my other passion. What are you reading Judy. Right now I am reading Winners -Danielle Steel. Quilting comes first

I guess I'm confused... I just responded to several posts in the other Mystery link. I got notices about the posts so had no idea we are no longer supposed to use that link. Lots of good comments and so many pretty fabric sets posted there... I have my notifications set, so I guess I am getting notices of posts to both links.
    (The average freezer can hold approximately 326 fat quarters - The Guilty Quilter)

I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

Welcome, Shelrox

JustJan - when I posted the link to this 16th mystery on the 15th thread, I said I would not be going there, the 15th, any more. Too much to try and keep up with two threads. Sorry if you posted there and I didn't see it to answer.

Oh Judy Judy Judy....... I love saying that. The fabrics are wonderful on here. Are you going to tell us which one you picked to use? I'll share Lynnie's chocolate wine with you if you do. I PM's her but I haven't seen her here. She said she would follow along though.Have a great day
    Mary

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast