Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now! >

16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now!

Old 01-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Carol in WI View Post
Thanks Jan! I agree that that change is much better; I hadn't considered the cream with that set and like it a lot. Actually I like both of them better now. I appreciate your help. I love your quote from the Guilty Quilter as well as the love of retirement so we can enjoy all this fabric fun.
If you use the green, floral and gold set, you could add a bit of red somewhere, too. I love that floral and I don't think from what Judy said that it would be too large. She said her floral wasn't considered large because there is no open space of white and there is none in your floral either.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:30 PM

I am voting for set B, Judy. Here is what I have pulled for mine:[ATTACH=CONFIG]565267[/ATTACH]

What do you think? The light and dark are the same batik in different colors. Middle is a Kaffe Fassett.
Attached Thumbnails mystery.jpg  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I love all the fabric choices posted. I'm dithering between two different colourways. Both are somewhat outside my normal comfort zone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565257[/ATTACH]
or this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565258[/ATTACH]

The green would possibly be used for sashing/ border.
Personally I don't care for the first set, but that's probably because I don't like pink very much. I like the colors in the second set. What colors are in the print? On my monitor it looks like white, gray and brown. Is there green in it? If so, I'd like the green as one of the main colors. If there is brown in it, you might be able to use green and brown as your complimentary colors for the print.

Chasezzz I like your fabrics.

Last edited by Just Jan; 01-08-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:39 PM

Blues are in the house...everything else is in the utility room and inaccessible due to plants being in the way (so they don't freeze). So, here goes...I may have to do two posts as the photo part isn't cooperating. Which would you choose, Judy? The second dark has only 35".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]565279[/ATTACH]Anyone else is welcome come to chime in, too. Sorry the pictures are so big, it doesn't seem to give me a choice. :-( Pecan pies are in the club car. Enjoy! No calories on this train!
Attached Thumbnails img_4181.jpg   img_4184.jpg  

Last edited by coopah; 01-08-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:48 PM

Chasezzz your fabrics are delicious, just beautiful together.

Coopah Love all those fabrics, but if it was me making a top with those fabrics, I would use the top light -- seems to have more interest that the bottom light, or are they the same fabrics? I'd use the lighter of the blues, and either dark, whichever you like the most. I think you are fine with 35" because I always allow a few inches extra, but don't be wasteful when cutting. LOL
Old 01-08-2017, 04:35 PM

Well, even if Judy doesn't choose B... I found some of the same floral print in my modest stash. I had to go out and purchase the green but hey, it was on sale. [ATTACH=CONFIG]565282[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0252.jpg  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
Personally I don't care for the first set, but that's probably because I don't like pink very much. I like the colors in the second set. What colors are in the print? On my monitor it looks like white, gray and brown. Is there green in it? If so, I'd like the green as one of the main colors. If there is brown in it, you might be able to use green and brown as your complimentary colors for the print.
The camera didn't do a good job with the white print. It has blue-violet, yellow, orange, and olive green. The print is tiny, so none of the colours really dominate.

I don't have any lighter yellow, so maybe I'll go with the green instead.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565283[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mt-16-4.jpg  
Old 01-08-2017, 05:08 PM

Coop I would do the second set I LOVE that dark fabric
Old 01-08-2017, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Carol in WI View Post
Jan, the vendor for those prints is P&B Textiles and is called Folklore by Jennifer Sampou. I'm sure they are a few years old, but I did find the light colored one on Etsy a year or so ago.
Thanks for the info. I did a search but could not find it.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
The camera didn't do a good job with the white print. It has blue-violet, yellow, orange, and olive green. The print is tiny, so none of the colours really dominate.

I don't have any lighter yellow, so maybe I'll go with the green instead.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565283[/ATTACH]
Did you mean maybe you will go with orange instead of the yellow? I definitely like the print and the green. Bet a blue violet would be pretty with it too. But I'd definitely keep the green.