Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

I started skimming through the posts and started looking at the blocks without pausing to read. All I've got to say how impressive all of these blocks look. Inspired me to get back to DJ.

Blog Entries
    Very good morning to all!
    Have just installed a new Internet service with another company to us!
    The previous us widely exceeded and we do not get any solution. That is why the new hiring. So I hope that my connection problems end today!
    Thanks to all your beautiful words to my blocks!
    I'm finishing the 12 week and will show you them these days!
    I congratulate Spartan Quilter and CindyA on its beautiful blocks!
    Gus I am glad of heart that his knee improved much and fast!
    Losie my AOTH is totally abandoned with only 11 blocks! I hope to soon return to this project!
    I wish you all a wonderful day!
    I leave a giant hug each!

Gladys - hope your internet problems have ended! I feel your pain, we've had intermittent problems (loss of connection) for weeks. It's very frustrating. We tried again yesterday to have the problem solved and they can't find anything wrong. Can't wait to see some blocks from you, Gladys.

Blog Entries
    all the blocks look wonderful. hang in there ladies.
    gus, glad your knee is getting well. my daughter said they had a jane quilt hanging in the grainery at saxapahaw, and everyone was just ohhing and awhing over the 5000 + pieces. only then did she realize how special my jane was.
    i wish i had have increased my sashings a little. i did make my white scallops with like 2 inch between the quilt and the start of the sashings. i like it better that way. just sorta makes the scallops stand out more. never would have gotton those scallops done with out help from the board members. can't think right now who talked me thru it. brain fog. she used plates to measure hers, and that's what i did. and one contin piece. had to let the teeny tiny fold between each scallop settle on me, before i realized that it actually looked very nice.
    JanStar talked me thru the scallops.
    Last edited by sewNso; 07-18-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    sorry, gus, cat-on-a-mac lives in n.c. but jane's are awsome, anyplace they are. some lady posted a sisters quilt show pic's and i just saw one jane in all the pic's.

D-11 Snow Crystal
    As you can see I'm not quite done appliqueing that last little piece down, but am anxious to post the picture. I'm going in to my optometrist for a fine tuning of my prescription and want to save that little bit of handwork to 'test' and make sure we get the glasses right this time.
    Name:  D-11 Snow Crystal.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  405.0 KB

I am not particularly 'techy.' So after playing around a while trying to do this on my computer here is what I did. This was to help me keep my colors distributed for this project. I did not set out to have a particular color scheme and intend on working primarily from my stash. When I started I just went through my shelves and grabbed a bunch of fabric that felt 'right.' As I finish each block I cut a 1/2" square and use Elmer's liquid glue to glue it down on the graph paper. Easy, fast, and I get a feel for how the colors are distributed without having to take the blocks out each time. I don't like to handle the blocks too often for fear I'll start stretching and distorting them.
    Name:  DJ grid 1.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  426.5 KB
    Here's a close up.
    Name:  DJ grid 2.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  429.4 KB
    Sorry the pictures are so large. I had been able to put them up smaller but now can't and don't know why.

Cindy -- I'm doing the same thing and it's really helpful. Wish I'd started it when I started my first DJ last year. That's the one on the right. I thought I was making an around the world color pattern til I stuck the swatches to the paper. Oh, well, random's good, too!

Name:  DJ wall.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  167.4 KB

Cindy A, Katybob: what great ideas!

@ Katybob Thanks for sharing, I'm glad I'm not the only one doing it this way.

Another thing I think I might do is go through some of the previous posts and make a list of what post # have hints and tutorials for the different blocks. For instance, when I started D-11 I couldn't remember if anyone had given hints, posted pictures, etc. but I didn't want to search I just wanted to dive right in. If I had a list I think I'd have taken the time to look at them.

Girls, this is a great idea, thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    @ Katybob Thanks for sharing, I'm glad I'm not the only one doing it this way.

Another thing I think I might do is go through some of the previous posts and make a list of what post # have hints and tutorials for the different blocks. For instance, when I started D-11 I couldn't remember if anyone had given hints, posted pictures, etc. but I didn't want to search I just wanted to dive right in. If I had a list I think I'd have taken the time to look at them.
    A little bit of help in this regard is on post #1. There is a link to each week of our journey. Not as specific as your idea, but maybe a place to start.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

I printed out the schedule which I keep in my DJ book [not that I've been able to stick to it!!!]

Every time I post a tute and I think most of the times I have seen other tutes on this thread, I pencil the post number on the schedule somewhere next to or above the block#. I have listed them from time to time - I don't know if it would be possible to add this info with the starting posts on post #1 as well??
    Gus

Blog Entries
    Cindy & Katybob, what a great idea. I think I will do the same thing. I am trying to do a trip around the world but I don't want to keep repeating the same fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    A little bit of help in this regard is on post #1. There is a link to each week of our journey. Not as specific as your idea, but maybe a place to start.
    I see that now, Nancy. Thank you. It's been a long time since I looked at that first post!

Here is D-13 Field of Dreams
    I was trying to get some of the applique blocks ready to work on and couldn't resist another quick and easy (catch-up) block.
    Name:  D-13 Field of Dreams.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  371.3 KB

Blog Entries
    i thought it was really helpful when the lst DJ had each weeks blocks listed in a seperate heading. maybe you all could do this, or, go back and catch the other thread.

Well, I am back with 3 more blocks, still way behind, but I am whittling it down. And, of course, I still have the quilting to do on them, but work on that in the evenings in front of the TV.
    This first one is D11 and this one gave me a few problems, but I solved them as best I could.
    Name:  2012-July-21-Block D11-DJ 001.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  1.15 MB
    And here is D12, which gave me a lot of problems, not doing the swords, but that it came out too small, so I had to do cheater strips around the whole block, giving it a final 1/4 inch border of white all the way around, but it is done.
    Name:  2012-July-21-Block D11-DJ 002.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  1.25 MB
    And the last one is D13, which I customized a little. I just felt that the big white block in the center was so blah, so I had this fabric that I had used for a quilt for a little boy starting school this fall, and there was this little piece that says "Love to Learn", which I thought was so appropiate for this quilt. To say the least, I am definitely learning, from all of you.
    Name:  2012-July-21-Block D11-DJ 003.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  1.26 MB
    So now I am off to the second family reunion, with temps going into the 90's. Just know that they have a big shaded back yard, and when you are with family, who thinks about the heat. Have a good weekend, everyone.
    Last edited by spartan quilter; 07-21-2012 at 03:52 AM.
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Blog Entries
    Gus, I'd be happy to add it to the first post for you. You can put a post here with the information that you have so far and i could copy and paste it into the first post. If others have input to the chart/list of tut posts, i can add those as well.

I'm leaving on vacation in a few days and won't be back until 8/5... not sure how much time i'll get online while away.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    spartan, those are great blocks... and i'll have to remember your idea of a focus fabric for that center... cute!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK

Seeing all your blocks makes me wish I had joined up in the beginning! I lurk here all the time! Maybe someday...for now, I'll just enjoy and be amazed.
    Naomi, Wife to Wayne
    Mom to Sydney (8.07), heaven baby Corey (8.08), Elijah (8.09), Kezia (8.11)

Hi Girls,
    I have been watching all your posts recently and all blocks are looking really nice. Hope your knee is healing well Gus !
    Here is an update on my blocks posted here, F10, G1, G5, G7, G13 and Right Side Tri 10
    Hugs,
    DottyD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, Dotty! Those are terrific! Your piecing and applique are perfect!

Blog Entries
    DottyD ... your blocks and fabrics are so beautiful!
    Spartan Quilter ... very great blocks and I love your idea to center block!
    CindyA ... love your idea your grid!
    I was not carrying a specific color design as my amount of fabric is scarce.
    So I decided to "jump" the programming and continue the blocks by rows.
    So as seen prepared my "c" row, a photo accompanied them.
    I think that it will be easier for me to work in this way to improve the color theme.
    Tomorrow I will try to go ahead with this, but I'm doing a new giant tablecloth for my tables of the quincho (place of meeting with friends). I'm reusing four old tablecloths, so it took me a week to select the good pieces of fabric, cut, square and sewing them together (I leave some pictures). I hope to finish soon!
    Have a great week!
    I leave a big hug to all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Goodness me, such wonderful eye candy from you ladies! I'm enjoying this so much & glad I joined in. I plan on getting back to mine later this week.
    Maureen

Quote Originally Posted by heyuitsme View Post
    Seeing all your blocks makes me wish I had joined up in the beginning! I lurk here all the time! Maybe someday...for now, I'll just enjoy and be amazed.
    You should just jump in and join us. Just start with where we are now and do the first rows after you get the rest done. Once you start, you won't be sorry. I am still very behind, but I keep stitching away, and maybe someday, I will actually get caught up. Lol
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 106 ... LastLast