Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 04-22-2011, 11:36 AM

Thanks Linda, thought it was time for a change the other was around 3 yrs old. My one and only quilt for me that I have finished that is. My Dear Jane is for me only not yet finished.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Guess what I got to do this morning :roll: :roll: :roll:

My sweet, sweet DH brought lilacs in last night from our enormous bushes on the side of our home. He put them in a vase and set them on my side sewing table in the living room. Wonderful sweet smells filled the air all evening.

HOWEVER, this morning we woke up to find the vase had tipped over and it appeared that the water had all disappeared! NOT! The table is one of those that dips in the center, concave sorta. Under a few stacked bins hold sewing notions was my AOTH book.

Yup, laying in a pool of water. All 70+ pages. Yikes. Well, I had not had a chance yet to take it Kinko's to have one of those spines put on so you can lay the book flat. I could not believe how much water each page could hold and not disintegrate.

Instead, I took the pages apart, very carefully, one by one and they are laying out all over my living room, drying. I have to turn them over often, so they won't stick to the leather furniture. They are drying quite nicely. Next, I will put them in plastic sleeves and set them all in a binder.

Next time we will put a few rocks in the bottom of the vase. Oh, the aroma of those lilacs is so intoxicating. I love them dearly. And my sweet DH also! :-D
Lilacs are heavenly, but were nearly a disaster, weren't they. I'm so glad you are managing to rescue all the pages.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Oh dear.....so happy you were able to save the pages..I love Lilacs and yes, it sounds like your DH is a super guy!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:14 PM

OK, all of the pages dried nicely. I happen to think of them in time to turn them over. Some of them stuck a tiny bit to the furniture but there wasn't any damage to the colors on the pages. I could not believe how much water each page held. Tomorrow I will put two pages in a page saver for my 3 ring binder. Then, I thought I would put them in the order we will be making them and get the first ten block pages enlarged to the 10" size. Haven't picked out my fabric yet. I still have some time though!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:50 PM

Linda, So glad you were able to salvage your book! I think I would have freaked out if something got spilled on mine. I am 80% done with my second block and plan to do some batik shopping next week. I need some pinks/lavenders/pale blues to add to my stash to get the look I want for my AOTH.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

Have fun shopping Crafty....sounds like your AOTH is gonna be soo yummy!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:10 AM

I will be joining in on this project. I just LOVE needle turn applique so that is how i will do mine. I also think i will join the clan with black background and batiks. I am an avid batik collector so i will be able to use my stash. I just have to get the book. I probably will also enlarge mine to make 10 inch blocks.
This will be my first sew along with you all, so i am very excited!!!

maureen
Old 04-23-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by fantomdiva
I will be joining in on this project. I just LOVE needle turn applique so that is how i will do mine. I also think i will join the clan with black background and batiks. I am an avid batik collector so i will be able to use my stash. I just have to get the book. I probably will also enlarge mine to make 10 inch blocks.
This will be my first sew along with you all, so i am very excited!!!

maureen
Maureen... Welcome! It is my first sew along too and I am excited..good company here.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:18 AM

Welcome, Maureen. You will love this group and making these blocks. I was going to just do one before the start date and got addicted. I think I have about 15 finished now. This is a great group of people working on this quilt. Everyone is sooooo helpful and have great ideas.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:35 AM

Welcome from Spain and we are so glad you decided to join us all. Look forward to seeing your blocks when once you get the books. I think you are number 63 but I could be wrong.

Well I just had to lay my blocks out. I have decided to an on point. They are not all embroidered yet so forgive me for that.

I am also liking it with the white between. What do you all think. Could do some nice quilting in the white blocks. OR do I stick to blackand have black blocks with quilting and put a lovely pink batik as sashing around each block. All suggestions welcome
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187922.jpe   attachment-187923.jpe