Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! >

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 PM

Here are my fabrics. They aren't in any special order at this point. I need to eliminate one of them. Right now I am pretty sure I am going to take the last one out. Looking forward to starting.
Pat
Attached Thumbnails dsc01007.jpg  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM

I have had my fabs picked out and kept forgetting to post! So just before I sign off tonite (this morning 12:33am) I am going to post my fabs..Judy what do you think? I've done all the mysteries except the last one, have the instructions, may do it someday....but love the other ones. I love tablerunners..

Looking forward to next step.

Hugs
Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400440[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails colors-mystery-5.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 01:05 AM

Jean can I steal your green fabric? that is great! and the gold dots? I want to steal that one too. who makes the green one? I think its perfect for so many projects I can think of.. that is stuff I could look at over and over and never get tired of. very pretty runner you will have. lots of pretty runners I think will show up. yeah I wouldt want to cut up the one posted first with big people like not cutting off heads or anything (bad plan) but most of these would be ok cut up even birthday one but maybe that could be saved for the backing. I assume the fabric included backing when it was posted?? or that is one big runner. so bigger patterns then could be used for the back if need be and well.. Judy usually doesnt give it all a way in the first instructions for cutting so at that point one could decide which is the focal fabric. unless she mixes it up so much we are cutting binding first lol. good question though Judy are the fabrics for the front only or for the whole project? because my minds eye was picking from my groups the backing out of them each time.. I flip mine all the time.. so if not I need to go pick backing too. nah I have about 2 yrds of most of each of them. oodles of fabric.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:02 AM

see if you have paint app. you can downsize anything in there. I don't know squat about phones. Mine's so old that all I do is call in a bamergency if needed. Retta from warming, slowly, Florida
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 AM

meanmom, I love the colors in the first four. Oksewnsew, those are going to be gorgeous together. Like Linda, I like the green and the shimmery gold. My Christmas fabrics are extremely dated so I haven't considered them. The tiny holly on white type of thing from the early 90s.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Good morning, all.

Ok, here is what I need to say about fabric choices:

First of all, all the fabrics posted since I was on yesterday are great. But I am still having a problem with scale -- You have to remember this is a runner, it will have smaller pieces. So, that said, think about how those huge scale fabrics will end up -- for the most part, you will not see the pattern, and if it is abusy print with lots of colors, it will end up looking like ...not sure if you could call it scrappy.
Oops! I was going by the fabrics you posted -- the focus fabric looks fairly large scale. So, what kind of scale should we be aiming for if the fabric is an overall pattern?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Elisabrat, I recently got the green at Hancock fabrics, for another project but didn't use it...If you can't find it, I would be glad to see if we still have it here and send you some. The 'gold' pc is by Robert Kaufman, Fusions #6582, but it's 'old'...I couldn't find it online but RK has come out with lots more Fusions that have the similar look. Glad you liked my choices. Thanks for all comments..

Sew Hugs
Jean
Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 AM

. Love the green & gold fabric posted by Jean,so pretty. Now to see if this will fly.Keeps telling me message is too short.What 's that about ?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:31 AM

while we await the next step, let's indulge in a dessert bar
we need hamantaschen, Irish soda bread, chocolate painted matzoh, Italian Easter bread and peeps!!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Yes, peeps! But I like mine a little aged, they must be nice and chewy. Would anyone like some Welsh cookies, sour cherry or the traditional current?