Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Judy, thank you for designing and sharing this beautiful table runner pattern. This was my first Train Ride and actually the first mystery quilting I have done. I really enjoyed every part of making this table runner and am looking forward to the next train ride. Everyone's runners look fantastic. Thank again.

Name:  quiltingboardtrainride5 013.JPG
Views: 553
Size:  1.35 MBName:  001.JPG
Views: 540
Size:  1.30 MB

PaintmeJudy,

You did a great job. I love the surprise borders and clever cornerstones. I'm sorry this was a bad experience for you but just know that we all support you and it's okay to make mistakes. For anyone who would complain I would refer them to the scripture about removing the log out of your own eye before taking the spec from someone elses. I certainly have a lot of logs in my life!

Look forward to the next ride!

IBQLTN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Jenniky, I used to know someone in Golden Valley -- yeah, I'm one of a few that even know where that is! LOL Are you living in both AZ and Indiana?
    Lived in Gilbert AZ for eight years and then moved to Indiana to be closer to children and grandchildren. Lasted about four years. Opportunity came to move back to Arizona and here we are. It's not Gilbert, LOL we have to drive so far for everything, however we are learning to enjoy it. DH and I are looking for an excuse to drive into Phoenix area so we can visit YC's Mongolian Grill its our favorite place to eat in AZ. I'm thinking a FART would be in order but I have so much material collected doesn't feel right to buy more. Especially when many of the fabrics I see I already have purchased in my stash in Indiana.. well just another month and I will have it all here. Woohoo
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gramquilter2 View Post
    Judy, thank you for designing and sharing this beautiful table runner pattern. This was my first Train Ride and actually the first mystery quilting I have done. I really enjoyed every part of making this table runner and am looking forward to the next train ride. Everyone's runners look fantastic. Thank again.

Completely love your fabric picks and the way your runner turned out.. That is going to be a beautiful table piece any time of the year.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Gramquilter, Gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    frustratedquilter that is gorgeous. I like the four blocks.
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Your table runner is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE the colors!!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Gramquilter: Who is your fabric by?? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Blessings!
    Carole
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantasew View Post
    Cat-on-a-mac, I would use the birthing method of backing this instead of binding. Much easier than mitering all those corners and if used for a table runner, glasses and dishes set better and don't tip. It is beautiful and very creative.
    I was considering that approach, but have never done it. Do you do the quilting with just the top and the batting, and then put the backing on right sides together and invert ? Or do you quilt it after you put it all together?
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Iwantasew - by birthing method, do you mean where you sew right side together and turn inside out? If so, yes, that is what I would do, too.

FYI if anyone is interested, IMHO I have found that using Warm and Natural for runner batt doesn't make it too thick for something to sit on without tipping.
    Birthing would be a great way to finish that one. I have found that I like to use fusible fleece. I fuse it to the front, sew it all together with the backing leaving a few inch opening, turn inside out, poke out the corners and then just do some simple top stitching with walking foot. Stitching close to the outside edge will close up your opening and no need for hand sewing. (unless, of course, you like that sort of thing!)
    I am loving how everyone's runners are turning out. I'm still working on my Irish quilt. It HAS to get to the longarmer asap and I still have work to do on the borders.

Love everyone table runners! Judy, great border!
    Deb

I must have had some bad food (certainly not anything that any of you brought) because I've had a little bug going on. I have finished the first step, though, and will post pictures tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    all the runners turning out beautifuli. made a couple of boo boos on mine , im leaving them it will still lay on the table thanks judy for all the hard work you did on this train ride Ill use this design again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    esther

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    those are great Leslie333......................except now I have to go to the candy store, the one that might have candycorn time of year !!!!!!

I saw Easter candy corn in the store this weekend. Pretty pastel colors.
    Lisa

Got mine done today. I had several boo boo's also. I can't seem to get a good picture either. Name:  P1010232 (Custom).JPG
Views: 337
Size:  70.8 KBName:  P1010235 (Custom).JPG
Views: 333
Size:  102.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Dogwood, yours looks totally different because of the colors. Great.
    Mine has some errors too so don't look too close. I lost a few points but it is busy enough that you might not notice. Also, it got so busy I left off the fancy corners. I think I'll bind in red.Name:  004.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  332.6 KB

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    whitepine, yours reminds me of the 4th of July. Festive. I like it....

I'm so excited! I got my poinsettia one done without having to substitute any fabric. In fact I was able to get A,B & C out of a FQ each by very careful cutting and even had some (a very little on A & B) left over. Not sure how much I started with on D but its going to be close on having enough for the binding. Really like how it came out. Used the too little triangles (plus another set) with some of the D fabric to make my cornerstones. Oh I did the border a little different too so I had enough of my poinsettia fabric.
    Last edited by mom-6; 03-26-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Here's a picture!
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

here is my runner I did my corners differentlyName:  IMG_0104.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  1.78 MB

whitepine....love the patriotic runner, it turned out great
    mom-6.....cute cornerstones, I am using the small mistake QST in my borders, I like your use of them.
    Very pretty naomi ryan, very cute butterfly fabric......and my favorite color PURPLE!!!!

I am doing a crazy pieced border, and I am freestyling it, so not sure how it will turn out. Will post picture when I get it finished today
    Judy have enjoyed my first train ride with you guys. I have looked back over your previous journeys and may work on a couple of them too.

Looking forward to future rides
    LAURIE ...... "When Life gives you SCRAPS, Make QUILTS"

Blog Entries
    The table runners are all so pretty.I spent some time in the hospital,so missed the fun.Maybe next time.
    Pat

GS was here for 2 days, had to put his T-shirt quilt away so he wouldn't see it...so, today I got #1 (of the 5) runner done. I think it turned out really cute, a cheerful runner, for sure; though lost a couple points & a couple others are off...unless you look closely you don't really notice. I love this pattern, so will recut the others & probably get them made while at my daughter's in N.C. the month of May. Maybe she'll get time to get her's done then too. I'm happy I got at least this one done. Judy, I had complete faith in you...will definately finish the others too...thanks for doing this through all the stress. Take a break & we will all be back soon as you're ready.

Really am impressed with the runners being posted...watching to see more.

When looking at the picture of mine I posted I noticed I had one of the corner blocks turned wrong. I corrected that this morning. All of the ones posted are great.

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast