Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: BOM 2011

I've never done a BOM so my question is How will I know how much fabric to purchase? Do you give us guidance on colors, yardage, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by marymc
    I've never done a BOM so my question is How will I know how much fabric to purchase? Do you give us guidance on colors, yardage, etc?
    I have never done one either but my daughter did and she loed doing it. I too don't know how much material to buy. I will just have to send my daughter to get 6 yards of 20 different colors I guess.

Blog Entries
    I think everybody does their BOM differently. I have been using up my stash for the ones I am currently working on, so each quilt will be very scrappy. It's hard to tell ahead of time how much fabric will be needed ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by dannypanny
    Hi would love to join the 2011 BOM. I am enjoying this one so much. some ideas: wild animals of the world; bird houses; lighthouses; fishes; neighbourhood houses including churches.
    I like applique and paper piecing the most. have difficulties in points....
    But I shall fall in with whatever the other quilters decide...ciao
    I agree dannypanny, I have been collecting pics of churches. Someday I would like to make a quilt with all kinds of church blocks. Greeter Eva

I'm taking an applique class tomorrow just in case I need to know. I really like the idea of a town. I've seen some towns that I swear have more churches than people.

It would be interesting someday to make a quilt of religious buildings like churches, temples, mosques, meeting houses, synagogues, etc. There are also many iconic religious symbols from all religions that would make a beautiful world religion quilt. Hmm...maybe I need to research this and put it in my someday folder.

I think I will do this next year and I vote for HOUSES.

I love houses.
    I've never done a BOM before.
    2011 will be my year to begin BOM's.

When will the theme and start date for this be decided. I love houses and want to make sure I am signed up to participate.

I am just starting but have done some playing with blocks but it would be great to do houses it sounds a litte easier. Maybe?

Jewell

Couldn't we do both? Starry ski w/ houses? Would love to do this one!

I would like to join this time and I liked the idea of one month stars and the next houses. Although I'm up for either.

Haven't seen too many house patterns, will have to go and look. I love light houses, so could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kreinhart742
    When will the theme and start date for this be decided. I love houses and want to make sure I am signed up to participate.
    We will get the information on Jan. 1, 2011. You still have time to join.

Quote Originally Posted by towens71
    Couldn't we do both? Starry ski w/ houses? Would love to do this one!
    One of the new books I bought has a block in one of the quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Hey Quilter's,
    I am liking all of the new ideas for the 2011 BOM theme!! :D It's going to be a hard decision to decide on. I want to add to the house idea's, that we could do barn's & school houses also. What does eveyone think of that? It would be nice to have a large variety for building's. Anything goes, keep the ideas coming!!
    :D :D :D :D
    I love your ideas houses,barns,school houses etc. I think the idea some people had about the states kind of leaves out us Canadians. But if that's what they mostly vote for then so be it.
    Greeter Eva

I have never done houses or buildings. If we did a town square type would everyone do the same buildings or would each person decide what types of building to do? Such as would we do our own neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Hey Quilter's,
    I am liking all of the new ideas for the 2011 BOM theme!! :D It's going to be a hard decision to decide on. I want to add to the house idea's, that we could do barn's & school houses also. What does eveyone think of that? It would be nice to have a large variety for building's. Anything goes, keep the ideas coming!!
    I love your ideas houses,barns,school houses etc. I think the idea some people had about the states kind of leaves out us Canadians. But if that's what they mostly vote for then so be it.
    Greeter Eva
    We don't want anyone left out. House, barns, churches, outhouses, lighthouses, etc. would be great. I am already thinking in my mind how to construct an igloo.

Yea, Yes, Yes----Sampler.
    Lisa in Alabama

I have never done houses or buildings. If we did a town square type would everyone do the same buildings or would each person decide what types of building to do? Such as would we do our own neighborhood?
    I live in the country and we have more churches around here than we do houses I believe. Other than churches and houses all we have is the neighborhood store and a convenience center for trash.

I live in the country and we have more churches around here than we do houses I believe. Other than churches and houses all we have is the neighborhood store and a convenience center for trash.

New to this whole forum, just found it. Love BOM's. I do not particularly like houses, love stars, but would love to join whatever the theme turns out to be.

I've never done BOM but the house/town idea sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to use some scraps. Are the blocks 12"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I've never done BOM but the house/town idea sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to use some scraps. Are the blocks 12"?
    Yes, the blocks will be 12" finished. We will be looking forward to you participating, with all of us, in the 2011 BOM swap!! I am getting more & more excited!!

I really want to this again next year. I vote for stars! (Chocolate ones for me)I did not enjoy the last houses we were swapping, so I dropped out. If houses win this time, I may work on the Chocolate Stars by myself.

We don't swap blocks do we?

Quote Originally Posted by cbridges22
    We don't swap blocks do we?
    No we don't swap blocks here. We just all make the same block with our choices of fabrics/colors, keep them, and hopefully later make them into a quilt :thumbup:

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast