BOM 2011

Old 10-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Gday,

I have it picked for Ozy's, we don't have as many states as you folk, so i figured (if the BOM's were states) Ozy's could do 6 states, 2 territories, 4 seasons. LOL. Thats 12 blocks total. Yeah. Just a thought. :)
Old 10-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

waht ever y'all chose will be a good choice.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 PM

How would it be if we each did our own state plus the other states around. I live in Tennessee so I could do Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, No. Carolina, etc. Those in other countries may want to do the othe territories or countries around them. Each would be different but done one bolck a month.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 PM

I just thought of one we could all do. How about if we do a block of the month of each month of the year. We could all decide what the month represents to us and do it that way. I am tired of stips and pinwheels and log cabins and triangles. I have done all of them in the past two years. I am doing later this year a sailboat twin quilt and a baby quilt, pattern undecided, for two brothers to be in January.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 PM

I would also like to know if we have to quilt the quilt or do we get to let someone else quilt it. I have always let someone else quilt them until this year I made and quilted a log cabin quilt for my MIL.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:12 PM

i would love to see some state or territory blocks from other countries included. always up for anything we haven't all done over and over. also, i noticed that many bom's in mags and quilt shops are more round-robin like. something other than just 12 different blocks. maybe one month could be pieced borders, for instance. or different sized blocks fit together with different borders.

am i getting too wound up and over zealous?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:20 PM

I am up for anything. I just bought a book from the woman who started the BOM quilts. She starts with 12 squares and she makes her own patterns for each block using the same materials in every block. One could be a star, one a house and one a light house and etc.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Hey girls, I am up for anything that you decide on!! :D I think I am hooked on these BOM project's!! Just a thought, but how about different houses?
:D :D :D :D
I would love to do houses.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 AM

Hi TN Donna: I agree with you. Last night after a horrid quilting nightmare, I realized that what was missing was individuality and creativity. Perhaps a story quilt month by month would be more original. Meaning, perhaps you visited a lighthouse in the month of June, so you do a lighthouse that month. Perhaps your Grandchild was born in May, so you chose tumbling blocks, etc. Or this story quilt could be anything you want; whatever is important or excites you.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanine
Hi TN Donna: I agree with you. Last night after a horrid quilting nightmare, I realized that what was missing was individuality and creativity. Perhaps a story quilt month by month would be more original. Meaning, perhaps you visited a lighthouse in the month of June, so you do a lighthouse that month. Perhaps your Grandchild was born in May, so you chose tumbling blocks, etc. Or this story quilt could be anything you want; whatever is important or excites you.
I LOVE this idea.