Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 >

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
fromzstore, your blocks look terrific. did you digitize the embroidery ones? i love the idea of embroidery blocks. could you show a closeup of the embroidery stitching?
no i bought the designs for the whole quilt including the triangles
Attached Thumbnails img_0331.jpg   img_0332.jpg   img_0333.jpg  
Old 01-10-2012, 10:23 AM

WOW that is amazing
Old 01-10-2012, 10:59 AM

fromzstore - WOW those blocks are stunning!! must use a ton of thread?? Are you going to quilt that one too?

I've spoken with QuiltnNan and gone over the pros and cons of adding more threads to this one. What we decided to do is this. We will officially start this weekend. I will have Sundays be the first day of the new week and will have my blocks for the week done by then. [I should use fromZstore's this week!!] We will be locking up this thread once the next one starts so there is no confusion with a sticky added to the first post to let everyone know where we are.

I will be posting the schedule once more on the first post of the new thread and Nancy will kindly add the post # when we start each successive week's blocks to the schedule so that those that join us later or who may only want to look at specific blocks further down the line will be able to figure out where they have to go to find what they are looking for. The idea of posting pictures only has been tried so often - it simply doesn't work because we all get too involved in what we see and start making comments and asking questions.

My goal is to make sure I have a list of help-sites and blogs that members have posted on this thread and repeat them in the first post of our new location as well. I have been trying to keep record of everything but will double check to make sure it's all there.

Another thought is to have a regular time that those interested can "meet" in the chatroom. For me Tuesday mornings 7:30-8:30 Pacific Time works well now. Any thoughts??
Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 AM

so do i get this correct you do not want any pictures posted if so sorry did not know. I will start posting pictures on my blog from now on
Old 01-10-2012, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by fromzstore View Post
so do i get this correct you do not want any pictures posted if so sorry did not know. I will start posting pictures on my blog from now on
no no no -sorry - you can post as many pictures as you want fromzstore!!! I love them. What I meant was that there have been times with BOMs or other sew alongs that we try to have a picture only site but it never works. The only reason for starting another site/thread is because we have so many pages already and this way we can start right in from the beginning.

I also mentioned your pics as a compliment [and a time saver for me!!! ] meaning I should use your pictures at the start of the new thread because you are already finished and they are gorgeous!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 PM

Tues., 7:30am chat is good for me.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:25 PM

I will be hand piecing. I would like to use lightweight fabric as a foundation. I knew a quilter who used muslin foundation for a log cabin mini with 4inch finished blocks.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fromzstore View Post
no i bought the designs for the whole quilt including the triangles
thanks for the closeups. those are great. i thought it was applique, but looks more like cross-stitch
Old 01-10-2012, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
Another thought is to have a regular time that those interested can "meet" in the chatroom. For me Tuesday mornings 7:30-8:30 Pacific Time works well now. Any thoughts??
I could do 7:30, but only for about 20 - 30 min
Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 PM
mim

I'm not even up by then -- Once I had a new DH to snuggle to, I sleep late LOL
Mim