Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 PM

Carsey, great center and love the corner treatment of the first round. Sharp looking!

Whitepine, I just watched your presentation that you worked up to show all the centers. Wonderful and thank you so much for doing this! I found one or two I had missed and I thought I had haunted this board.

Last edited by Quilter 65; 01-29-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 PM

I decided that I'm going to play along too though I'm a month or more late on starting. I'm making a quilt for my grandniece that was born back in September. I'm about 80% done with the center block, need to pick up some material to finish it, will post a picture when it's done. I think the first border will go fairly quickly so that'll help me get caught up.
Rodney
Old 01-30-2014, 12:11 AM

Jaba: Thanks, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this next round!
MamaHen: Thanks, it sounded like a lot of fun!!
Frustrated Quilter 48: Thanks for your kind words!
Quilter 65: Thanks so much!
Whitepine: Great idea on the photos! I keep looking at all of the beautiful tops.
Rodney: Congratulations on the grand niece! It is never too late to join!

Blessings!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:49 AM

Lovely to see everyone's interpretations all together like that. A lot of creative talent on this board. Thanks Whitepine for the quiltshow.
Pippa
Old 01-30-2014, 02:12 AM

Love the presentation Whitepine I saw some that I must have missed and I hadn't realised this was such a big group thank you for your time. They are all wonderful. Roll on the 1st!!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
...Then, I thought, why not upload the pictures to photobucket so everyone can look and see what has happened after the first round. Here's the address if you would like to see a slideshow of "Elizabrat & Jaba Medallion Quilt-Along: 1st Round." (Sorry if I misidentified any.)

http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/Tr...%201st%20round
I am not familiar with photobucket so I joined but still says this album is private. How do I view? Thanks for any help.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:19 AM

Glad everyone enjoyed the quilt show. I want to say that Photobucket is a very public site and if I were more tech savvy I would make it only available through this site. But I'm not. So, if anyone would like their quilt removed, I can easily do that. Just send me a PM.

Sandy, try again. I was just working on the site and that probably was why.

Last edited by whitepine; 01-30-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction View Post
Love the presentation Whitepine I saw some that I must have missed and I hadn't realised this was such a big group thank you for your time. They are all wonderful. Roll on the 1st!!
Ditto, I agree with Jabba and this slideshow was great!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 AM

I am so incredibly impressed! wow so many varieties of a couple themes! and the few mavericks that added their own choices! I had not realized there were so many playing and also missed a few postings apparently. Wow that was a lot of work and thank you so much. I had tlambing doing all our photos in my round robin and each month she put a picture of the first center then the next round and so on til at the end you can see the total progression on each quilt. I say make sure you keep your photos you have taken so if you would like to do a hurrah at the end from start to finish it would be great. I think it only encourages those who have not been brave enough to try one to step out of the box and go for it. I know it did me. Four times over now five with this one I am learning more and more each time. Long way to go before I am an expert however lol like that will ever happen. But I sure do have fun which has to count for at least some points right?

tomorrow is a stay home day so I finish my round and will take photos of all the options open with this one round. Pretty cool if you ask me. Some need an even sized block and one will work with an odd number. Not everyone is starting with the same size so obviously I needed a few options so it might work the best for everyone not an easy feat I might add! as you go along you will find you will probably be putting spacers occasionally in. NOt every block fits every quilt but it doesn't mean you cant use it and have it still look pretty great I hope you will enjoy the end product. I have seen Jabas and that will be a popular round I am sure too. Similar concept but a bit more skill/work maybe in it. Something for EVERYONE> I wont be putting an applique round but my experience has been the third round or fifth round are ideal for adding one.. something simple to break up the rows but pretty still. I just cant applique worth beans. But there are easy ideas all over the internet for an applique. If you cant needle turn you could fuse and blanket stitch the edge. I always worry about .. washing them and getting some fraying? so I shy away from it. I think it must work or so many wouldn't be doing it. So if you have a applique you think might be interesting share it next month with us for everyone to enjoy. Something new is always a treat
Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 AM

Can't wait till Saturday!!!