Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:57 AM

I did buy an orange color too, but will wait and see what kind of borders jaba and brat show us. I was thinking the orange in a future border. Don't want to distract for the center.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:12 PM

Well, I got the center medallion done. If you asked me even 6 months ago if I would ever find myself sewing together a Sunbonnet Sue quilt I would have asked "What's a Sunbonnet Sue?" then when I found out, I would have laughed and said no.
Things change.
Here it is:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]459645[/ATTACH]
Sometimes a new baby in the family can make us a little nuts. This is my first attempt at embroidery and applique and it shows. There's plenty of mistakes and things that could have been a little better. I may have over-stuffed Sue's dress a little, she's looking a bit pregnant to me. So far I'm having fun, I'm pretty sure my wife is convinced that I'm nuts. There will be 4 more blocks at the corners with borders from the build-along here filling in the rest. I will probably do the checkerboard pattern for the first border round.
Rodney
Attached Thumbnails kendalls-quilt.jpg  
Old 01-31-2014, 02:04 PM

Rodney that is so cute, her dress looks like it is blowing in the wind. You did a marvelous job.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:35 PM

Rodney, that is cute! Yeah her dress does look a bit windblown there. Kinda like it went up her skirt and poofed out.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:20 PM

Rodney: Especially love the detail you added. Those daisies are just too cute! Can't wait to see it evolve. Ain't it the truth, babies can make us do things we never could have imagined. Congrats on the addition!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:27 PM

Rodney, that is so good. I've never done anything like that either and will definitely try it sometime
Old 01-31-2014, 07:33 PM

It is sooooo cute! Great job Rodney ! I'm keeping this idea of windblown. My whole self just poofed, kind of like the dryer shrunk your blue jeans. So funny. I'll try to wake up early ladies, but not promising and Sunday will be totally unavailable, I am a Denver fanatic!!
Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
Rodney, that is cute! Yeah her dress does look a bit windblown there. Kinda like it went up her skirt and poofed out.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 PM

finished! I finished my blocks, my squares, my rows and my corners and I sewed them on even. And took pics.. early risers I will work hard at posting when I get up before clinic tomorrow. not promising ok fine promising will get this one before most of you crawl out of bed LOTS OF PICTURES AND EASY INSTRUCTIONS. Know your center size so you can decide which one goes best into your quilt. its math time! (on no!!!)
Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 PM

Hate math time. But am ready to try the next round. I know if I need help,I can get it here.
Attached Thumbnails medallion-20141.jpg  
Old 01-31-2014, 07:55 PM

Some will probably hate me for saying this but take care of yourself first Elisabrat. If you're too tired wait until you feel better. No need to kill yourself just to maintain a self-imposed schedule.
Rodney