Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 02-08-2014, 10:29 AM

Great job, Carrie. Yes, its harder to operate a Mac or Apple after you have been used to a PC system...but doable. Nice to see that you are able to sew a bit.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:48 AM

Every one is just doing a dandy job, and I'm plugging away on mine. Working on one side border, half of it was too long so ripped & going to re sew, too many bias's & think I stretched a few, back to the starch table.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:43 PM

Elisabrat, I love that quilt!! I would never think to use green and yellow together even though I love both colors.
cindy
Old 02-08-2014, 12:55 PM

Love your quilt, great colors
cindy
Old 02-08-2014, 12:57 PM

That is a great block sustraley!!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Jen, I think I would make a narrow border all around with green, then tackle the new border. It will stop the eye enough for the new border to be appreciated. And yes, I think the rickrack border would not be the right border right now. JMHO
Thanks Vicki
I will look at my greens I think I have enough to do a thin border.. 1.5 good or should I go 2.5????

Now to decide if I'm going to tackle that herring bone or slide by with the friendship star... Any opinions????
Old 02-08-2014, 05:23 PM

Now to decide if I'm going to tackle that herring bone or slide by with the friendship star... Any opinions????[/QUOTE]

I think the friendship star would like nice.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:26 PM

Jen, just a 1.5 should be good, I think. But, if the 2.5 would work better for the measurements, then I would use that. Just something to break it up. I like the friendship star I think. Then if you want something for the next round on the ribbon/herringbone type thing, that would be good. It's just that I think 2 of the same "type" together gets too "busy". JMHO
Old 02-09-2014, 05:23 AM

I cant wait to see more.. this month will fly by ladies so maybe you might consider at least cutting your round and that way you can work on a bit at a time. I did mine in two days I always cut one day and sew another. Especially if I do a whole lot of cutting I think the next round will be a very simple round (ie fast) on my end. I am ready for a visual break.

the celtic looking quilt was wonderful to work on. She was good enough to send some of her fabrics and the rest we just went and attempted to match up a bit. that was an applique round done by dragonflynana. She does amazing applique. I believe she used a light fusable web and then appliqued around the entire edge of that round. I am getting tempted to try a bit of applique on mine. No way it would be that fancy. My cutting skills.. well skill is not the word I would use with my work lol.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:47 AM

Pam and Vicki thanks for your input. Will go with the friendship star. Today and tomorrow will be out of the house all day doing fun things with my Hubby and Grandson. Looking forward to Tuesday through Friday when I can be home working on my quilting.