Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 02-09-2014, 03:10 PM

Finished my 2nd round today, now I need to get on to my Sylvia blocks as I'm behind a week with them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]461426[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2nd-round-qb-rr002_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:25 PM

WOW, Thimblebug that is just striking!!!
Old 02-09-2014, 05:12 PM

Very nice, I just love your center block! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days, doctors appts. that had to be taken care of. Good news though, back is so much better after steroid injections, sciatic nerve is unpinched and MS is stable and has not gotten any worse. All is good!!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:07 PM

Jaba it's good to see you're doing well. Congrats on the good news from your Dr!

Got my first round done! W/ post pics tomorrow. There are so many options on the second round and I don't even know which fabrics or colors I want to use yet. I showed my wife the choices and she's leaning toward the friendship star blocks so that one is a strong possibility. Looks like all the options use HSTs and I haven't made any of those yet so I'll be learning another new skill this round too.
Rodney
Old 02-09-2014, 09:54 PM

Y'all are certainly making some gorgeous quilts here! Just keep looking better and better.

For those of you interested in knowing more about Sherwood Forest Faire, their website is sherwoodforestfaire.com. It is located between Elgin and Paige on 290. This is their fifth season.

I help my friend Becky make candles and my friend Penny make dream pillows and covers. And I work as a salesperson in Penny's booth at this Faire. She is a massage therapist and has herbal teas, bath salts, the dream pillows, etc. as well as some of Becky's candles in her booth.

Yesterday was very cold, today was beautiful and warmed up nicely.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 AM

Nice work thimble, it looks very complicated. I love complicated quilts.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:04 AM

thimble your quilt top is going to be a winning top. You could enter that quilt in any quilt show and expect a ribbon. Its absolutely striking. that center is awesome then the color choices as you work your way out and the rounds your chosing make it just POP. wow. I need one of those!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:19 AM

Jabba: Glad your back is better and the news from your doctor is good. I remember when going to the doctor was a nuisance not terrifying. Youth is so wasted on the young.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:44 AM

Guess all of us do the same thing, when your life starts you go to the doctor to make sure everything is in good working order, then you glide through the mid life...then start going to those doc's again to see if they can keep everything working I think I'm going through my second childhood. Have to admit, it was a big relief to learn everything was better!
Rodney you'll do just fine on those HST's..nice and easy, just feed them through your machine. Remember to set those seams before you press them open and they won't distort out of shape.
Going to have lunch with the "brat" today so maybe we'll think about your next borders and see what we can come up with.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:13 AM

Thimblebug6000 - stunning.