Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 02-16-2018, 09:18 AM

Nina, So sorry to hear about your sister in laws. I know what you are going thru, when my mother passed away, one brother didn't want anything to do with the rest of us. Maybe someday things will change. My brother and I go to breakfast once a week now. Our sister passed on the 22 of August, his wife the 24 of August and my husband on the 1st of September all in 2016.
My oldest son had a stroke on tuesday, thankfully hie wife is an RN so she knew what to do, and took him to the ER. They transfered him to U of Iowa, the MRI showed he did have a stroke. He came home on Wednesday night and has to wear a heart moniter for 30 days. He had triple by pass 4 years ago.
My prayers are with you and hubby at this time.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:32 AM

Thank you all for your kind words. This too shall pass; may God's work continue on this Earth. What will be, will be.

I count my blessings and continue my quilting feeling blessed.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:35 PM

QNS, I'm sorry that your grief is compounded by that 'being the last to know', or 'they didn't care enough to tell me' feeling.
GrannyQ, I'm sorry to hear about your son's troubles.
Yes, counting our blessings and being grateful for what we can do, what we have, who we love and who loves us-- these can brighten our day and comfort us.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:20 PM

OH HUGGS & Prayers! QNS & GrannyQ. I will place you 2 in Gods hands & let him comfort ya'll. May his love envelope both of you & your families. HUGGS & Prayers again.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:11 PM

I feel like my backside has become attached to the seat of my Sequoia. I have driven somewhere every day for the last 2 weeks. Even the days I was at the retreat we drove into town at least once each day. As ya'll remember I went & got DM last week & we looked at houses every day. Then the day I took her back, I drove from midland to Abilene to pick up my DF then back to Brady. The next day she & I went to a retreat in Brownwood. The retreat was out by the lake. Oh the time we had! She stayed an extra day & we spent it looking at the 'big' City of Brady. We also were on a mission to get her a T-Shirt that represents Texas. Well all the regular places were a bust. We finally went to the Chamber of Commerce & they didn't have any either but told us where we could get one made. They were wonderful & had the shirt she wanted made in an hour.
Tues I took her back to the airport & drove back.
Wed I went into town w/DH & we took a ton of aluminum cans to sell.
Thurs DH & I drove to DeLeon to pick up some fruit trees. At least this time I was in his truck!
Today I went & picked DM back up. She had me make another list of houses to look at. Our real Estate guy has us set up to look at 'me on Monday.
Tomarrow I will be helping DH to plant trees. I do not plan on going anywhere till Monday, when we will start looking at houses again. We will be in (Yup) my Sequoia.

Last edited by dublb; 02-16-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:18 PM

Oh QNS - I am so sorry that this happened to you! Perhaps someone was suppose to call you, and thought someone else had! I am sorry for your loss!

GrannyQ - thank goodness for the daughter-in-law's knowledge! I hope your son mends quickly.

We had a great RV trip. We had 11 RV's, and it was a very casual fun time.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

Jeanie it's good to hear you had a great RV trip.

QNS I am sorry to hear what happened. ( I have something terrible that me and my youngest sister had to live through the day after our dad died, but I still can't even talk about it yet).

I have some kind of crud. My dear husband picked me up a z-pack of antibiotics. I hope it takes care of it. We are suppose to get enough rain again that will cause some low places to flood. We live on a hill so we don't, but roads can flood that keeps us from getting to somewhere.

Blessings to all on here.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:00 PM
Power Poster

GrannyQ, hope that wearing the heart monitor will help the dr.s figure out what your son needs. What a blessing his wife is a nurse and was there with him. Pray he recovers fully.

Bev, know what you mean about all the running around. I can't drive nearly as much as I used to because of a spine problem, but I can't stand having to go somewhere all the time, anyway. I love days where I can just stay home and sew.

Susan, I have trauma related to my father's death, too. I have to make myself not think about it... not "go there"... so I don't get bogged down with terrible feelings. I try to look ahead and forget the hurts left behind. When I find myself revisiting the situation in my mind, I just have to make myself stop and think about something else. Thank goodness the past is past!
Old 02-20-2018, 07:22 AM

Somebody stop this Merry-Go-Round as I want to get off! Looking at houses & planting trees, I am one tired puppy. I even woke up tired.
We finally got the last fruit tree in the ground yesterday afternoon. I wish we didn't have to put fencing around each of 'em. (Have I said how much I hate deer now? Well I do! They eat everything!)

We will look at 2 housed today. One at noon & one at 2:00. I do still think the one DM looked at, the last time she was here, is gonna be the One. She just wants to be sure.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: content"]<article>
</article>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: foot"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 02-20-2018, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

How nice that your mother is soon going to be living near you, Bev! Hope she makes her decision on a house today so you can get some rest.

I agree with you about the deer. So pretty but so destructive to all growing things! I gave up on trying to grow a vegetable garden because of them.