Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 02-13-2019, 07:41 AM

OH Givo do be careful on that ice! It is so good that ya aren't feeling so bad anymore.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:10 AM

Sometimes I don't realize how blessed I am to live here in Southern California!!! It has not snowed here since 1949, I was 7 years old. I remember my mom letting me stay home from school and play in the snow. Of course we had no snow gear, so my mittens soon became wet and freezing. I remember running to the house crying because my hands were so cold! LOL

I walked almost a mile to school when I was 7, as did many of my friends. Nowadays that would not happen. My how times have changed!
Old 02-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

We had a mile walk to elementary school, too. What wonderful days! Now I wouldn’t even let my dog out of my sight, let alone a child.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:24 PM

Most of the snow did melt off today, Thank God. Another storm on the weekend to blow through rather quickly, moving through our nation in record time of 48 hours. Suppose to dump 3-5 inches of snow as it barrels through. Southern Missouri will get ice for a couple of days. It will turn cold tonight, and stay in single digits for about a week. More sewing time.

Making a bit of progress on the Christmas blocks. I opted to make a solid center of a 5 1/2 inch square and love the way it looks. Then I had to add Christmas trees, then work really hard at getting every tree to 'stand' upright., regardless if it was on top, side or bottom of the square. I will be sewing five blocks together for each of the six rows, enlarging it by one block each way and no stashing between the blocks. It creates a 'cleaner' look to me.

I ordered a Valentine Day gift for dh and me; a box of fresh tree ripened Red Grapefruit and Tangelos From Pittman and Davis. Love that Texas fruit and dh loves it too. A rare treat for us that we did not do at Christmas time. It was scheduled to come Friday, but arrived today! Brightened up our winter blues.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:53 PM

Sue, How nice that ya'll got your fruit today. I'm glad that the sun is shining up your way but am sorry that ya'll are gonna get dumped on again this weekend. It does seem that ya have had a great chance to sew though. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas quilt.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:21 PM

We leave on Sunday for our week long RV Camping Trip and Quilt Retreat. It is at an RV Park about 4 hours North of here. We have six rigs going, three quilters in our group. I have signed up for four classes. I have never been to a retreat before, so I am really looking forward to it!
Old 02-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

Sue, Happy Valentine's Day to you and hubby! The fruit sounds like what my Dad used to send to us every Christmas, while he was alive. We sure enjoyed it.

JeanieG, I think you have too much fun! Enjoy the retreat and tell us about your classes when you get back.

Today I did some really boring sewing... 4 pillow covers and 7 burp cloths. Basically, sewing big squares and turning them right side out. Gotta get these out of the way so I can do something more interesting.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:07 PM

OH Jeanie you are gonna have such a great time! Be sure & show us what ya get done.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

Jeanie, how fun to go on a retreat...if I recall you don't have many quilters near you, right? Makes the retreat that much more special.

A quiet Valentine's day here...like every year! Today we scored cows...which means a numerical rating was placed on cows body confirmation. No new Excellents this time, but a large majority scored Very Good.

Tomorrow is a work day...later...
Old 02-16-2019, 08:55 AM

It's on my wish list to go to a Quilt Retreat. :-) I haven't been to one, although the LQS has a room they open on some weekends for an open sew. My sister and I went to that one time. Other days, they hold classes in the room. We will look forward to your report of what happened!

Oh, the fruit sounds so nice. My parents had a place in Texas after they retired. My father wanted to provide a warm place for my mother as our MI winters were too cold for her after she had a stroke. They sometimes sent us pink grapefruit, and it was so goooood!

My supervisor is such a sweet woman. She gave all our team at work a baggy filled with candies and cookies for Valentine's day. My sister bought chocolate for me too, and also baked a white heart shaped cake frosted with whipped cream and topped with cherries. It's a traditional valentine dessert in our family. I've had that every year of my life as far as I can remember. I think I've had too much sugar this week!