Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 09-28-2014, 09:52 AM

Nina, Happy Belated Birthday !!!! It's a wonder that you get any sewing done with all that you do...I have one locally grown tomato left and I'm saving it for a BLT on Monday for lunch... The weather here today is just plain Beautiful...The "kids" will be over later for Dunch....nothing fancy ..can't cook special for them...they wont eat it...they hate veggies...but now I tell them.."you can't leave the table until you eat 3 spoonfuls of veggies..corn for one & string beans for the other.. it kills them to eat the 3 spoonfuls.
Have a good day everyone and don't eat too much Birthday cake Nina
Old 09-28-2014, 10:11 AM

Honchey- such a "mean" grandma - making your grands eat their veggies. I'm a "mean" grandma too. I use to make them taste everything, they will eventually develop a taste for them if you make them take a bite or two. Sometimes they just wouldn't like what it "looks" like, so once they take a bite they find out it tastes pretty good.

We are back from out trip to Arizona. First we went on our monthly Camping Trip with our RV group to Malibu, CA, then to AZ to visit grandkids, then to Page, AZ to see Antelope Canyon (google it!), then to Laughlin for a night, then home on Friday.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:54 AM

I too am a mean DGM. LOL My DGSon made such a smart remark that I made him eat all his squash in March. If he hadn't been such a smart aleck I would only have only made him taste it. I did tell him that he should have eatten the yucky stuff first so as ta git it outta the way. He now tells his DM that he is gonna eat the yucky stuff first. LOL
Old 09-28-2014, 01:23 PM

QNS happy birthday a day late! Sounds like you enjoyed your company and I'm sure they enjoyed your cooking.

Anne, QOTS blocks are different from Block a Day. I have all 36 minis from QOTS done--they're cute and addicting, can't make just one LOL. I'll have to post a pic tomorrow, MrJanRn isn't home and I still don't know how to do it from my phone.

Jeanie, welcome home. Sounds like a great trip. Now to rest or to sew????

When I was growing up I thought there were only 2 vegetables: canned corn & canned peas. My mother worked til 6pm most evenings and my dad cooked. Never varied: hamburgers on Monday, pork chops on Tuesday, etc. but never any other veggie but corn or peas.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:13 PM

Thank you for your Happy BDs; it was this year, and I am still feeling young after meeting the 98 year old woman at the check out in the grocery store. I have baked 2 loaves of bread and made Anne's Rice Pudding today. And trying another time to get my Cinnamon Rolls dough to raise...I threw out the first dough try...too heavy, and did not raise. Proved another cup of yeast, and away we go again.

Welcome back, JeanieG. Sounds like quite a trip. Dublb, good to hear from you as well. Still waving to others.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

Happy Belated birthday, QNS. Sounds like you had a good day! Bummer on the bread not rising, could you have killed yeast with too hot of liquids? Just something I might do.
Another mean Gma here. As you know the 5 are here so often, I have to hold my ground or I'd get run over. They keep coming back, so I mustn't be that mean.
Sis and BIL back on the road. Was good to have them here. Sis likes to work in the flower beds, so got one cleaned out. We were going to work on others, but I ended up defrosting the upright freezer. The door was left ajar after I got the porkchops out the night before. Only food thawed was the liver for the dog and a couple of small apple containers and a box of ice cream bars for the kids that was stored in the door. Now I have a frost free freezer!
Picked apples yesterday. Need to sort and store good ones in the fridge for later use. Tomorrow is bookwork--too nice to be inside, but that's the breaks.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:26 PM

Just asking - has anyone heard from Mirabelle lately???? Seems like it has been a month or better since I have seen her post?
Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 PM

I emailed her several weeks ago and she said she's overwhelmed with committed/promised BOM's etc....She's apparently very busy....
Old 09-28-2014, 10:08 PM

Thanks Anne - glad she is okay, I was kind of worried!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:07 AM

Mirabelle did a short post in Sylvia and Anael did a "hi" back or vice versa. JanieW replied from Russia that she was interested in our next project....as did Dublb from Texas I noted since their email was directed to everyone.

Sweet roll bread made on second try, but I was too impatient with them and took them out too soon, with the middle not cooking though...so the chickens get the rolls, too. Did not need those calories, so not trying it again soon. Need to recover from bf visit and being on my feet too much and rest today...but will I? Things to do, including book work so we will see. Enough cooked so just have to catch on dirty dishes...as soon as I can.

Beautiful fall day outside. May you have a good one.