Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-07-2015, 02:30 PM

We did our trip to Cantril today with the petite neighbor, PattyW. ..enjoyed every minute of it found some fabric...not much and came home in time to have more company... My classmates from High School came to check out the scene for the BBQ this fall...will wait to see how many reply that they are coming down for it here. PattyW did ot find all she was looking for, so we raided my QR and found it there. Plus a big piece of chocolate cake to take home with her.

Verry tired, so I am eating supper: a big piece of cake and a glass of vanilla malt shake. Balance out the sugar energy to clean up the spring cleaning I started this morning...in my closet that is on my bed now. Looking to see where I can pile it up for the night...yep, earn my 'pilot's license' one more time. LOL!
Old 05-07-2015, 05:35 PM

I have been busy. One o' the things DH & I did was ta buy a screen door. We had ta cut it down by a half an inch. Well DH slipped so we had a large gouge in it. Bought & used some wood-filler ta fix it before we paint it. Taday we put 2 coats o' paint on one side. I want 3 screen doors but we will do one at a time.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:20 AM

Being raised on the farm with a screen door that slammed shut, I welcomed that sound here...like back on the farm again. Love the memories and the sound of it slamming of it here. We painted it to match our steel roof...red.

Guess everyone is busy having a good time; too busy to drop by and say, "Hi!" here. May the days be good to you. Going into Spring Cleaning mode here...busy times.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:01 AM

I have been very busy with Dr appts.. Had three of them yesterday and have 2 next week..then to AC for a visit with my 2 sisters for our Birthdays next week. My older sister will be 78 on the 20th and I'll be 75 on the 16th.. All three of us will be in adjoining rooms at the Taj Mahal in AC for 3 days..I'm bringing my little machine & knitting..I'm not that much of a gambler. slots mabybe and go out to eat..They are having a lot of freebies, tournaments & dinners... It seems the older I get the busier I seem to be...but...don't get very much done...
Checked out a little Brother machine..bobbin winder doesn't work..took the machine apart and can see what the problem is but I'm not equipped to fix it..It's computerized so I don't want to mess with the connections in order to separate the machine... so the bobbbins will have to wind on another machine...has an extension table and it sews very nice. I also managed to get a Singer 185 that is filthy but it runs and needs some TLC & oiling. I might do that today after I go to the store.. That makes 4 Green 185's that I have...I have to sell 3 of them..I have to check to see what they are going for on Ebay...
Have a good day all..H.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:12 AM

We are leaving Arizona today and heading back to California. We have a RV Rally starting Sunday, so will not be home until Thursday. Have a great week everyone.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:37 AM

JeanieG, its good to know you are leaving AZ before it gets *hot* there.

Happy Birthday, Honchey, in advance since you will be in AC then. One guy I used to know came home with pockets full of money every summer there. Never got the gambling fever to even try it. Never wanted to see Vegas, either.

Wonderful house cleaning and finding the quilting projects I wanted to find...surprise!!! Sorted all the embroidery stuff out of my bedroom, too! And I pulled all lthe winter clothes from closet and put them in the quilt room closet. Will go through that and throw away later. Of course, found more 'bags' from various quilt shops; good canvas ones I can use at the Grocery Stores. Now to get my bed cleared before bedtime! LOL!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:40 AM

PS: Dh got my three perennial plants for Mother's Day into the flower bed...one representing each child. I love it. Have a good Mother's Day everyone.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:04 PM

Busy week here, I've been finishing up some small projects, finally liking my Sweet16. Happy Mother's Day everyone.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:15 PM

Happy Mother's Day to all my buddies here ! Enjoy your day tomorrow and don't overdue anything! H.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

I just checked on the 185 on Singer's site...looks like a nice machine..I "lost" my 99 in a divorce...not mine, but DS...Ex-BIL was going to recondition it for me...never did and then the divorce...only paid $25 for it. But was looking forward to using it..
Elise begged me to finish her little mitten quilt...fused onto fabric, a border, then backing and filler finished with the birthing method. Used an old pant hanger as a hanger. She's ready to make more seasonal ones so guess she will be bugging me all summer. Sorry it went home before a pic could be taken..

Thanks for the Mother's day greetings...likewise to all you mothers. It will be a quiet day after the phone quits ringing from our far flung family. This year Abu Dhabi, Charlotte, Massachusetts, and Wisconsin......