Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 11-02-2015, 11:36 AM

A quick note. #2DSon's cat died today. She was a big part of our family. She was 14 years old.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534774[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534775[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534776[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534777[/ATTACH]
RIP Sweet Blue.
Attached Thumbnails annie-blue.jpg   blue-night.jpg   blue-window..jpg   blue.jpg  
Old 11-02-2015, 11:39 AM

Oh so, so sorry Bev! Our animals are such a part of our family!
Old 11-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

Sorry about losing a dear pet, Bev

Hope Honchey arrived safely..

MrOK and I had a bridge repair meeting tonight...The small bridge on our road didn't pass inspection last spring so our road was closed. We are near the intersection above the bridge and it doesn't affect getting into our fields. County officials wanted land owner input...Can't believe it, but there are over 500 bridges in our county. Lots of $ into maintenance. Not sure if it will be replaced...it won't be repaired.

Mowed lawn for the last time today...got some oak leaves ground up in the process...let the wind take them away....

Ready to put my little logs together...then will head to bed...
Old 11-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Power Poster

Here's my latest mini....each block finishes at 2.125.haven't decided if I will add a narrow border and bind or just bind it...suggestions? Colors IRL are not as yellowed as they appear....took this with the kindle rather than the camera"[ATTACH=CONFIG]534803[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20151102_231916.jpg  
Old 11-02-2015, 11:03 PM

OMG, OK - that is just amazing.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:44 AM

Awesome as usual, OK. Love the contrast between light & dark--hard for me to do sometimes with scrappy. I think I'd use a narrow yellow binding without any more borders; it's striking as it is.

Bev, so sorry for the loss of a pet. It's been a year since we lost Patches and I still think I hear him walking around.

OK, I hope you get your bridge situation taken care of. I'm one block back from a state highway and they've been redoing the same 5 mile stretch since April (all new gas, sewer, electric, etc lines). A few times they've forgotten that people live back here and blocked off all access roads to the highway. Have to keep driving around all the back streets until they finally open an intersection to allow us out. We did find a shortcut thru the college campus but the campus police try to stop that access. I just play the dumb senior blonde and smile and apologize and they've let me thru. Sort of like my bathroom remodel: a temporary inconvenience for a permanent improvement LOL.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:06 AM

So sorry to hear of your family pet cat, Dublb. Remember all the good times and smiles she brought with her to share with you...its a good memory to hold in your heart of the beloved pet.

OK, another great mini quilt; colorful and refreshing. Every state is counting every penny to repair the roads and bridges within their borders. It is rather nice having our Shoal Bridge repaired near us.

I tried to make Em, but failed terribly failed the last several days...I may just pass on that block. Have a good day everyone. Its very foggy here, so will wait until it burns off to go pay our property taxes.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Dublb--Sorry to hear about your DS's cat. I am sure it will be different without her around.

OK--Wow! Another amazing mini. I don't know if I even keep scraps that small!

I am way behind on the FW 1930s blocks...other things have taken priority the last couple months...one day I will get back to them.

Here is the quilt I am making for my niece for her 5th birthday...I have until Thanksgiving to get it quilted.

Also I know I showed some of the embroidered blocks my husband's grandma made, that my MIL asked me to put together into a quilt. Well I just got it back from the LA quilter today and she did a great job! I'll share a picture of the quilt on the bed too once the binding is on it...but wanted to share this for now.
Attached Thumbnails img_0017.jpg   img_0018.jpg   img_0020.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

Nice and bright, Carrie....but I love what happened to those embroidery blocks....now it will be a beloved keepsake instead of blocks stuck in a box or sack somewhere to be forgotten and wondering who made them. Wonderful...
Old 11-03-2015, 07:40 PM

Hi Ladies, I don't have a tendon problem with my calf. 22 yrs ag I suffered a very bad trauma to my right ankle. dislocated it , severed the 3 of the 4 tendons holding the ankle together and crushed the skinny bone that runs along side the main bone just above the ankle..the ankle joint came thru the skin of my legit was a real mess.. There was a 3 inch screw in my ankle holding it together and a 4 inch plate on the side of the crushed bone . Looking t the xray there's still a section of the split bone that sticks out like a point..I wasn't too happy seeing that. I was in a wheel chair for 3 months couldn't stand on it either.I hopped on my left leg for the most part wrecking my knee in the process that's why I had to have it replaced. after having the screw removed when I was able to stand on it I had months of physical therapy . now all these years later I find out that the calf muscle never fully recovered and has atrophied? to a point where I need PT all over again..the medication that I had taken for only three days can cause tendonitis & tears in the leg muscle..I think it just caused it to act up sooner than what it would have down the road.

So here I am in NC and I'll be going to find a place tomorrow to start PT therapy while I'm here.. I should be able to get 3 weeks worth while I'm here then go back to the Dr to get another script to continue back home..

We left NJ Monday afternoon & stayed overnite in Virginia.. We arrived here around 3 this afternoon...the car is unpacked and I went to Bingo tonite.. Darn it ! I didn't win...Now all of you know about my leg and it's problems..
I have a ton of emails and pages of posts to go thru..love all the photos..didn't really read everything.. It's been a long 3 days for me..so I'll say good night for now..see Y'all tomorrow sometime..