Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-11-2016, 11:36 AM

I am back again because cannot log in on new computer due to failure of any help from those who administrate this site.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:09 PM

So guess I was not suppose to buy a new computer and deal with changing passwords to log on the new computer. In a week even if busy the techs or Patricia J should have helped me, I would think.

SBG, I got your 'License' and love it. I have all mine sorted and into addressed envelopes ready to post. I will post them as soon as I can. More will come later....as I am travelling on the 29th with two other quilters.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:37 PM

Then darling daughter comes on, and fixes the password so I can type from my new computer and have all my contacts back for emails. How I love her and her abilities to work the computer knowledge that she has... <3
Old 07-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like DD is a treasure, QNS....

Jan...in some circumstances it would be a toss up.....
Old 07-11-2016, 05:50 PM

If you do Face book, this group is really good at quilts they do: Millefiori/La PassacagliaI guess you could 'google' them in a search.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Power Poster

Gladdie, thank you so much for typing out the broc soup recipe! Going to try that.

Hooray for your daughter, QNS!

I just took possession of my new car tonight. It's so overwhelming, signing away the next 5 years of your life. And when I took everything out of the old car (that I have LIVED out of for the last 10 years and 204,000 miles) I felt so guilty leaving it there, like I was abandoning one of my children. I really have loved that car. Why did it have to get old?

The new car is beautiful, but it's going to take me a long time to feel like it's mine. Am I strange to feel overwhelmed and sort of sad?
Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

No, B, when you have a possession that long you leave a part of you in it...it's like a shirt your father wore made into a quilt. Lucky for us we kept our old car and is used as a go between the farm car...remember our son does have that 5 kids and that's a cramped pickup full...at first I was a little disheartened as I watched it fill up with dirt from muddy boots and bits of straw and cottonseed from the haymow and c-seed bay; but it's being put to good use..

Been sewing tonight...have a Bonnie Hunter leaders&enders quilt on the design wall to get finished...in between working on a mini rainbow quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]553801[/ATTACH]. I have four rows sewn. Working on the sashes and cornerstones of row 5. Used 2" strips and squares from the 2" bin. Garnered the HST'S from the triangle box.
Attached Thumbnails img_20160709_1119536_rewind_kindlephoto-6382143.jpg  
Old 07-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

Love that wonderful scrappy, Gladdie, and thank you for the comforting words.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:53 AM

I love my old cars too and hate saying 'goodbye' to them. Also sold our old 2000 van when I quit driving, but held on to it when insurance was going to raise when we did not have two cars... and we might need a back-up if anything happened to our 'new' used car with all wheel drive. Dh found he still love to drive it the best.Guess even if it was my van he loved it too...

Re-loading computer programs this morning, making forward movements...quilt programs. Smiling on this Tuesday morning as it rained all night and today. Progress...<3
Old 07-12-2016, 07:18 AM

Cars and liking them! Yes, I guess that runs in my family... My father had a red '64 Triumph convertible. It got old and he sold it to a friend where he worked, thinking to buy a new car. But then, he missed it, and asked to buy it back. So his friend, seeing he really missed the car, sold it back to him. Then he kept it the rest of his life. He garaged it in the winters, and replaced the dash with a custom old one that he built himself. It was impeccable, a parade car, and it went to my cousin when my father died. I had a '78 Toyota pick-up that ran super, but it was so rusted out on the sides that chunks of rust fell off it if we slammed the doors. So I sold it to one of my son's friends for $50. He lived in the country and wanted a vehicle to run around in his back field. A few years later, I decided I'd like to try to get the body replaced on it, and asked him if I could buy it back, but he'd trashed it...

QNS, your computer trials make me smile. Probably, we've all been there, done that! Slow but sure, you will get back 'up to snuff.'

Last edited by givio; 07-12-2016 at 07:21 AM.