Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-06-2016, 08:06 AM

Okay, first let me give a shout out to The Quilt Tree in Kittaning--she was awesome and laughed at the fact that I'm mailing these all over the country and that yinz all know what "yinz" means. I'm late to this party so please explain to me what's happening. I will trade or just send one to whoever wants one. I ordered 10 and if I have extra I'll make myself a door banner LOL. Please PM me your address and email so I know who to send to; I don't think I have current addresses on all of yinz. And if anyone just wants a license plate and doesn't want to trade that's fine too. And you don't owe me postage; she's shipping at the lowest rate.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:11 PM

YINZ are all crazy, I want one too Jan, A door Banner is a great idea!!!

SBG, where do you go to find the shops that have the license plates? I emailed my shop at home but they haven't responded yet..I hope they are selling them..If not YINZ are all getting one from Delaware
Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

You go to the Row by Row website and click on the link that says "Start Here".

This is the page of pictures of rows and license plates for all the participating shops in New Jersey:
https://siterepository.s3.amazonaws....16_flyer_2.pdf

Or if you are in NC, this is your page:
https://siterepository.s3.amazonaws....2016_flyer.pdf

I've gone to their website so many times it's now in my "most visited" list! I'm spending way too much time on this!
Old 07-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

Hello Girls!
I am still here too. Just not doing much, and yes that is not good. hehe...
I need some help from you girls in giving me some direction in what to do when making my son and daughter in law a smallish quilt. I am thinking whole cloth, because daughter in law said maybe solid. They will be traveling in a tiny trailer he is making. Style= like one of those teardrop size, so they want it small with just enough so they can cover up if it's a bit chilly in the mountains at night. The problem for me is he wants it "army green". She has made them some tiny cute curtains out of a pretty fabric with little shaped trees on it. I guess maybe army green would describe one of the tree colors, but then some were other pretty colors. How can I make this look nice and keep to army green? I may have brought this up before (who knows with my memory)

I love reading what all you girls are doing, planning, etc. In my next life I will have lots of energy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

JuneBillie, I would make something that YOU like... otherwise why work on something at all? Maybe take some solid colors from her curtains and do an easy pattern in solids? Sometimes non-quilty people ask for weird things just because they don't know what to ask for ... or what's available.

I'm sure whatever you make will be nice.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

Today our power went out so I had to find some handwork to do! I ended up starting a Hawaiian quilt I had bought the pattern for about a year ago. I am learning needleturn applique! I do find handwork so relaxing. I'm glad the power outage forced me to get started, as I really love this quilt.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Thanks SBG. I had been thinking on those lines too, but wasn't sure.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:36 AM

Back on old computer for three or four weeks until we finish FW 1930. Picture file Picaso did not carry over. Support by the company is no longer in force...at Picaso. Nor did the contact list...two out of three strikes had me upset....very upset. Tired of being told what I needed to do and go on with the new system. So I asked for few weeks of grace and dh and dd are mad at me...but I am the one using the system not them. Love and quiet but not to my mental peace of what I do for fun and enjoyment and being so frustration with new system right now.

Dh wants to run both CPUs with another monitor I cannot afford right now. Do that will have to wait.

SBG, I got your 'license plate' and love it. Now to find myself again and go from here.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

Good to hear from you....yes it's frustrating...I have a 15 yo GS that keeps telling me what I should upgrade to.

Yesterday I picked a garbage bag of kale...sent some home with GD as she snacked on some going out the door...have 6 packages to freeze..[ATTACH=CONFIG]553576[/ATTACH]
Also froze broccoli...made a puree of broccoli, celery, and onions to be used in cream of broccoli soup for this winter...one quart batch was made into soup...the other 3, I froze.
Attached Thumbnails img_20160708_1304559_rewind.jpg  
Old 07-08-2016, 01:16 PM

QNS glad to have you back.

Gladie, that looks like the haul from a recent drug raid in my neighborhood!!!