Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 136 of 542 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 135 136 137 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Congratulations GrannyQ for the strikin'ly beautiful block from GG. Way ta go GG! Oh Granny I just love your BB quilt sashed in the white & blue. It's sure purdy!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

How did it double post before I was through postin'????
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Oh great r/b/white GrannyQ! and the BB together look great--sashing separates them while the cornerstones pull them all together!
    I may put some of my PC blocks that don't play nice on point in with the BB's--in other words I haven't started on mine yet.
    Carrie--PC members count up fast on your list of blessings!
    Another day outside--lots of raking (leaves, cornstalks, twigs from those big old oaks etc)--Also got the Stella's transplanted. Bath water drawing and a good soak is in order.
    So who's keeping selvages, and any plans for them? Night all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Beautiful MB's everyone, almost time to post next months, or am I just getting eager..

GrannyQ I love your BB quilt, that's another one almost finished. Hope your wrist is getting better

Carriem what a wonderful thing to keep a journal of what you are thankful for every day, I am sure you won't have any problems finding your joy in every day life.

Here is a couple of pics of why I am pulling my hair out.. I think the embroidery on this one is going to be the end of me..
    First pic is of the finished quilt, I have already pieced the three panels with the dresdens
    Second pic is of what one embroidery should look like, I have to do 10 for each panel
    Third pic is of my unpicking, I actually had all the green and light brown stitched out.. so steady steady, I might iron a little interfacing behind this one to stabilise the fabric where it will be stitched again.

I haven't forgotten to post pics of my PC hanging or the Daisy quilt, but I have to go out and I should be out the door NOW, so will post as soon as I have a little more time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

OMGosh!!! That's gonna be lovely!!! Jack is gonna be your closest friend, now that your spendin' so much time w/him.
    Bev

MiraB ... not really keeping tabs of each of you. Just that as I thought about it, I knew there were lots, so started listing. I think we all pay attention to the toys, oops, that should be tools of the trade!!!! Oh go ahead and order that kit! You might as well do it, along with QNSue and JanieW ... a 3-nation quilting bee! Stunning quilt in the works, despite that picking out.

DDamsel ... so you're going to join the Tahiti quilt group too? ... AFter your FFC fabric going off to Hawaii without you I guess you are deciding you need Tahiti!

GrannyQ and GGal .... ooh la la! Oh how I like this one!! Looks great with your DublBs April block too!

GrannyQ ... How nice your blocks are showing with the cream sashings and dark cornerstones. It looks like there's another quilt underneath that wants us to see it, too!

CarrieM ... Count Thy Blessings! I know that I put this PC group way up high on my list of Gifts!

And Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Thank You!
    I appreciate the offers, though I am not starting a selvage collection!!!
    I might save them just for the historical referencing ... and maybe by doing so and being prepared, then I won;t be needing more of the fabric, and will end up saying, why did I do that? If that solves the I want more problem, then it'll be well worth the hassle!!!!

Good Night Ladies!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Now that OK has revealed her MB I can reveal its source, the block is called Yvonne's Mystery and can be found in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Volume 4. I have been going through all my books looking for just the "right" block to make for everyone. I am so happy you like it.

These are the photos I took of the PC quilt and the Daisy quilt on Thursday. Will also post in Pictures for everyone to see.

Karen

This is the right pic of Daisy, showing the binding
    Karen

Ohhh MY mirabelle your quilts are sooo beautiful I want to cry! it must be like seeing your babies all grown up!

NinaSue I think I would LOVE to sew another quilt with you! I dont now that I SHOULD. Im thinking maybe I will buy the book and have a look over it and see if I have stash fabric for it, because I probably DO.

QuiltE, I deserve a Vacation dont I??? gee.... I looked up Tahiti vacations, SIGH! you get me into trouble you know! hmmm well if I dont get a vacation then at least I deserve a quilt that makes me THINK im on vacation, Right???

ALL , This coming month at the quilt show in SLC they have a special FW exhibit. anyone want to go??? at least in spirit if not the flesh? hmmm thats my sons birthday weekend... hmmm.....http://www.hmqs.org/special_exhibits.html
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DD, I think we would all qualify to attend to attend with our FWQs that we made together! Guess it will have to be with the virtual RV. IF you go, take a few pictures if allowed and show us some show stoppers.

Mirabelle, you are soooooooo good with your quilts! Another couple of prime quilts there.

QuiltE, comments like you want selvages might make boxes of it arrive at your door step...

Have a good day everyone, and may we all count our blessings today!! I'm trying too.

Oh Candice that would be fun. I guess I'm not gonna make it either. I did click on the link but didn't see the FW exhibit. It did look like a fun show.
    Karen, Karen, Karen!! Your PC is just too much for words. Sigh.
    Bev

Oh my! I miss a few days here and find so much is happening. After catching up reading all the posts I feel like I've been sitting in the virtual RV with you. So many beautiful flowers--I am so jealous. I have a brown thumb--my yard is where plants go to die.

QE & Ggal, I hope you enjoy your new machines. I checked them out and they look like great machines
    Baby Isa straight from her bath--mmmm, don't you just want to keep kissing her! What a beautiful baby.

Janie, I love the MB you made for Carrie. Great colors; I don't use green (or yellow right QE?) often enough.

OKSewglad, Mirab made you a beautiful block. I was stumped too about the Delft and did some research. I wonder if Mirab counted the number of pieces in that block????

QE, you got a triple play from QNS. All beautiful and very cheerful blocks, very spring-like.

GrannyQ, that is an awesome block you got from GGal. Love the pattern and fabrics she chose. You did such a nice job finishing up your BB quilt-love the sashing & cornerstones you used. Hope your wrist is better.

QNS, I am so glad you like the MB I sent. I agonized about sending it because it has pink in it.(The dark fabric is really dark raspberry) and you said you don't like pink. The colors reminded me of your beautiful gardens.

Mirab, congrats on a great finish for your PC quilt. It turned out awesome. The quilting just enhances the beautiful job you did on the blocks. Love it. Hope you make a lot of money when you auction your Daisy Quilt--it's so pretty.

I feel like I've written a novel here but wanted to catch up with everyone. Hope you're enjoying your Sunday.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

(Wavin') Hey Jan! Good ta see ya!
    Bev

MiraB ... I can't see those two quilts enough!! Oustanding in every way!

DDamsel ... Please do go to the FWS quilt show to represent all of us IRL! I'll be there with you virtually, perched on your shoulder!!! You should take your FWS to visit with the others. And remember ... photos photos photos for all of us!

All .... While I was driving today, I was thinking much the same as DDamsel ... if I got the pattern, I could surely make Tahiti with my stash!! hhmmmmm .... what about this for a quilt-along?

QNSue .... Nooooooooo ... I am not collecting selvages! The thread was more to to either confirm that I do not want o go there .... or for inspiration as to why I should. I haven't seen enough reasons yet, to want to start that collection! Please book me passage in our RV to attend DDamsel's FWS show!

Dublb ... scroll down a piece, and you;'ll find the FWS info.

JanRN ... whadya mean you don't use green? I seem to recall greens in your jewel tones! And some that were sent your way! You WILL be using greens when you get to CarrieMs MB! And yes I was a lucky camper with QNSue's hat trick (me, hockey) triple play (you, baseball!) And what have you been stitching this week? Time for some show and tell!!!

JanRN, of course I counted the pieces in the feather star, 135, I have a book with a quilt made with these blocks, don't think I will ever make another one.

QNS I have had another look at the Tahiti quilt, even put it in the cart but it would only give me an estimate on shipping costs and I didn't want to get a big surprise with final costs, so I have e-mailed the shop for further info and am waiting on a reply before I commit to buy. I have been stung a couple of times with shipping costs being more than what I purchased so I am very wary now. This will give me more time to think about it too
    Karen

I was curious about the book ... found a description here
    http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-5...-lot-more.aspx

The pattern takes 6, half yard cuts ... assuming that the kit makes the same size as the pattern book.
    Although the cover of the book shows smaller corner pieces, so the quilts may not be the same size ... or the corners are just not shown on the book cover at full size.
    Regardless, would be easy enough to expand the size by increasing those corners.

Easily do-able from most of our stashes (and many times over!!)

If you want to see what other patterns are in the book, look here!
    http://www.connecttheblocks.com/shop...u-12010040.htm

And a few Googles later ......... the pattern ... FREE and direct from the designers!!
    http://www.quiltbranch.com/uploads/p...ee%20Skirt.pdf

Oh Happy Days!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-28-2013 at 03:10 PM.

QuiltE you amaze me, we will have you dub you the Queen of Google Search

I did print the pattern for the tree skirt, it would not be hard to turn it into a rectangle and if you wanted a larger quilt I would add a border of stars, just food for thought. Now I am going to sew today and finish the blocks for Bonnie Hunters Star Struck quilt, 18 to go and counting..
    Karen

Sweet QuiltE almost got details right....I emailed her some pages from the book to correct her errors. The pattern in book is called "Irish Mist". Book also includes patterns for Sonoma Stars, Diamonds are a girl's best friend, argyle, giggle and gaggles, and check mate. It's availble from The Quilt Branch, 656 E 975 St,Magnolia, Il. 61336 Phone 815-869-7041. Her yardage needed for for this quilt 'tis off a bit, too. Six half yards.... one light, four medium, one dark, plus background 2 3/4 yds, plus yardage around the medallion, plus borders and backing.

However, if you just order the kit, you save money...at least, it looks that way to me. Unless you want to substitue your favorite color.

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    QuiltE you amaze me, we will have you dub you the Queen of Google Search

I did print the pattern for the tree skirt, it would not be hard to turn it into a rectangle and if you wanted a larger quilt I would add a border of stars, just food for thought. Now I am going to sew today and finish the blocks for Bonnie Hunters Star Struck quilt, 18 to go and counting..
    Not at all!!! ... I am not so good at Google-ing as many others.
    I wasn't even trying to find the pattern. Though I think we can all figure out how to turn the tree skirt into a full sized quilt, easy enough.

My whole mission was to try to find out if the pattern book was worth $18 plus shipping. I think this is the prize of the book and the others are just ordinary.

You are the STAR ... and as you finish Star Struck, remember that is what you do to us ... ALL.THE.TIME!!!!!

QNSue ... Thanks for the forward. And thanks too, for updating all on the yardage, as what I said, would have been terribly misleading. Your kit price is incredibly low, when you add up all that yardage! Great Bargain! Though for we foreigners, the shipping could add up considerably, as MiraB already mentioned and ruin the bargain. This one quilt will hardly put a dent in my my stash!

Just thinking .... this pattern could be easily broken down into BOM/BOW chunks!!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-28-2013 at 04:07 PM.

We posted almost together, QuiltE.

Yes, Mirabelle, please check out the source to know the exact amount. Some places really leave you in limbo. Book may be found on line used, too, and save some money.

My friend bought this book Friday and is making the quilt in the front. She is going to copy the Sonoma pattern for me. I like it better. All of the patterns take 6 half yards so it isn't a large quilt. The two borders are four inches so it could easily be made larger by adding borders.
    Thanks for the kind words about the MB block for GrannyQ. It was from a Marti Michell booklet using her kaleidoscope ruler.
    Mirabelle...I love your quilts. The embrodiery one is so unique and beautiful.
    QNsue...you are so ambitious! Always a beautiful quilt to sew isn't there? I got fabric on Friday and did a design today for a quilt for my daughter. First class fabric that i spent $12 for was being sold for $6. There was no way i could walk out without another project. I won't start it until I get a couple of these others out of the way. I don't have room!
    QuiltE...I got a 8200 which is a big change from the 6500 I had.
    Anael...how is your garden growing?
    It's getting late so I haven't chased down all of the posts but all of you guys are appreciated everyday. My first and last stop on line everyday!

GGal ... I think we all would have done the same as you with fabric on at 1/2 price! Much of my stash has been acquired that way. I'm trying to be very good now, and only buy with an immediate reason and purpose. Note: operative word is "try" and not always successful. There were some good improvements just between the 6500 and the 6600 ... and now even more to the 8200. The photo of Sonoma Stars in the link I gave above, is not very clear, so I'm not really sure what it looks like. Ironic, that your friend bought the pattern this week too!

Whooo OK! is it just me or does that tree skirt LOOK like a baby quilt? I can see it in blue and yellow with a chubby baby wrapped in it!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
    Whooo OK! is it just me or does that tree skirt LOOK like a baby quilt? I can see it in blue and yellow with a chubby baby wrapped in it!
    YOU, DDD (that's short for DearDerangedDamsel!!) can see babies in EVERYTHING!!!
    I think you and your DH need to have another baby for yourself .... better still, you need twins or triplets ..... or quads!!!

Now, I will try to post a picture of three quilts featured in the book:threeinone.pdfI hope the pictures are large enough to get an idea about the quilts.

Page 136 of 542 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 135 136 137 146 186 236 ... LastLast